Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Turn Signal / 97’ Tail Light Problem..

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-19, 05:22 AM
WolfMxbee
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Turn Signal / 97’ Tail Light Problem..

I just picked up a clean set of 97’ Tail Lights about two weeks ago and just picked up the harnesses from the same guy last Week and went to install them but some lights worked and then after testing turned the car off and the bulbs stopped and my turn signals no longer worked.. neither my brake lights, just the running and reverse lights worked. I replaced the light bulbs with new ones and then I checked my fuses and it triggered my 7.5 amp fuse 4x once I hit the turn signal, I put a 10 amp in its place and did it again and a 15 and so on but put a 30 amp in and it didn’t pop, same for the hazard fuse in the engine bay, that one kept popping as well so I replaced it with the 30 amp too except the hazards are very dim right side now has very low lighting with hazards on and when right side turn signal worked... until fuse pops, it just stopped in general. When I turn on my left turn signal, everything works fine, when I turn on my ride turn signal... the light won’t work outside in the back and the green turn arrow on the dash won’t illuminate but the whole dash starts blinking as well as the running lights in the back right side (passenger side), my guess would be the flasher... but what would cause the fuse popping
Old 02-11-19, 09:49 AM
Organized Garage Status
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

What year is your SC? Wiring might be damaged somewhere. Check the bulb sockets for corrosion too.
Old 02-11-19, 06:24 PM
WolfMxbee
Driver School Candidate

It’s a 1995
Old 02-19-19, 06:40 AM
scsexy
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by WolfMxbee
I just picked up a clean set of 97’ Tail Lights about two weeks ago and just picked up the harnesses from the same guy last Week and went to install them but some lights worked and then after testing turned the car off and the bulbs stopped and my turn signals no longer worked.. neither my brake lights, just the running and reverse lights worked. I replaced the light bulbs with new ones and then I checked my fuses and it triggered my 7.5 amp fuse 4x once I hit the turn signal, I put a 10 amp in its place and did it again and a 15 and so on but put a 30 amp in and it didn’t pop, same for the hazard fuse in the engine bay, that one kept popping as well so I replaced it with the 30 amp too except the hazards are very dim right side now has very low lighting with hazards on and when right side turn signal worked... until fuse pops, it just stopped in general. When I turn on my left turn signal, everything works fine, when I turn on my ride turn signal... the light won’t work outside in the back and the green turn arrow on the dash won’t illuminate but the whole dash starts blinking as well as the running lights in the back right side (passenger side), my guess would be the flasher... but what would cause the fuse popping
just adding 30 amp fuses is a good way to burn your car down....
Old 11-18-19, 12:28 PM
WolfMxbee
Driver School Candidate

I put all the original amp new fuses back in, and changed the relay, bulbs, and no hazards or turn signals and honestly hate being the a****** that cuts through lanes with no heads up lol, I even changed the box for the 97’ tails light failure module last week and still no luck