Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Shifter linkage/ converting to aftermarket shifter help

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-19 | 01:18 PM
mattro2
Driver School Candidate

Default Shifter linkage/ converting to aftermarket shifter help

Hey guys and gals. I may have gotten in a little bit over my head I went and bought a winters racing modified Sidewinder shifter and the rad designs switch kit for the a340e
well it's straightforward as far as controlling the forward drive gears it also uses the factory shifter to select Park reverse neutral. Now The Sidewinder has cutouts and on another transmission could control Park reverse and neutral it seems to be set up for a cable Style selector where is we have a bar Style

I'm curious if anyone has used a cable Style converted shifter on the A340 e or if anyone's used the winters racing shifter without using the factory shifter Also if anyone has any links for converting this that would be greatly appreciated I have tried the search function and haven't come up with much as well as going over to the toy mods page I'm searching there.

Vehicle is a pretty much stock 1JZ soarer.
Old 04-01-19 | 08:11 AM
mattro2
Driver School Candidate

It can be converted using a mv kit for the trans. They are based out of Australia.

Or you can make your own brackets. For anyone who comes across this thread later.