Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2jz ge swap wiring

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-19 | 07:35 PM
Jok3r
Driver School Candidate

Default 2jz ge swap wiring

I'm going to be using a 2jz ge for a project car and want some advice on what direction to go. I can buy a gs300/sc300 with a lot of miles on it and the wiring will all be there. Or I can get a low mile 2jzge very cheaply and wire it myself. I'm not sure if I can use any old ignition or tail lights etc. Or if i will NEED a stand alone ECU to make work with aftermarket switches and gauges. I'm thinking I need a stand alone for what I want. Im looking at the AEM V2. And I'm interested in the cx racing turbo kit with upgraded turbo.
I do have a experience with simplifying harnesses as I'm a racecar mechanic but not sure on how simple the 2jz harness can be.

Last edited by Jok3r; 05-02-19 at 07:58 PM.
Old 05-05-19 | 11:24 PM
Jok3r
Driver School Candidate

Default More questions

After a good amount of research trying to answer my own questions I am still a bit fuzzy on some things so I will ask the same questions here that I asked on the na-t guru thread, in Hope's for some clarity.
I need some help before I start blowing money on a project car like I did last year. (Sc300 5sp sold before it burned like my 944). I want to do a 2jz turbo build, and need some direction/advice.
From what I've researched so far I 'believe' I want a 92-96ish non-vvti 2jzge. (What year is the latest of the good rods?) a head gasket from a TT 2jzgte, a. AEM v2, and some cx racing turbo kit with a different turbo.
First question> if I do the early GE motor do I need to do a distributor delete and go coil packs?
Second> with an AEM v2 what harness/computer do I need to start with? For a couple hundred $$ more can I get a kit for all new wiring made for what I want. (Car is a 350z cd009 6mt)
Third>> if [vvti ge motor is 10.5:1+TT head gasket =9.2:1 compression] what is [non vvti 10.0:1+TT head gasket =???] 8.7:1 not sure if it works like that.
If you have advice on comparable parts like stand alones, turbo manifolds, etc I would really appreciate it. I'm sure I will have more questions about fuel pumps and returns, and injectors and actual turbos later.
For the 350z swap I believe I need a front sumped GE from a gs300 not a rear sump from a sc300 or am I wrong?