Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

92 SC TT Swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-03, 09:31 AM
zutoo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by sweetsc400
I wonder how the previous owner managed to bend the rod. That can't be easy. Either way I would guess that $1000 is a good price for that car.
Theres actually an interesting story behind the car... My friend put it in the shop and had about $1700 worth of work done to it. I dont know exactly what was done, but I can find out. After he got it back he was leaking fuel, so he brought it back again to have it checked out. It turned out the mechanic didn't tighten somthing(I dont know what it was, but I think there was 8 of em and one was loose or somthing) So he got that fixed. A couple days later he was coming home for work and was messing around with a Supra. After that he started hearing the knocking. So I dont know, seems kinda funny that it was in the shop for a while getting all kinds of stuff fixed and all the sudden he has a bent rod. Anyway, I figured for what I wanna do with the car I cant go wrong for a $1000. I just hope I can make my dream of customizing this car a reality and it doesn't turn into a nightmare!
Old 08-14-03, 10:26 AM
boredguy77
Lead Lap

I wonder how the previous owner managed to bend the rod.
I'd like to know also, they are pretty tough to break NA.

My friend said he could probably drive it to work everyday, which is about 25 miles or so round trip, but it knocks like crazy.
please don`t drive it with a bent rod, it is terribly hard on the engine, especially bearings.
Old 08-14-03, 11:43 AM
zutoo
Driver

please don`t drive it with a bent rod, it is terribly hard on the engine, especially bearings.
I dont plan on driving it at all until its done. I am just trying to decide weather I should stick with the V8 and work that or go with the 2jz-gte swap.
Old 08-14-03, 11:08 PM
Tommyd1919
Lead Lap

Its a hard thing to decide what to do with it.... If you go to the 2JZ then you are prob. going to want to go 5 or 6 speed then you run into the whole pedal swap and finding parts thing... God knows 5 speed SCs are a pain in the butt to find and even harder to find someone that will give up the pedal assembly. "Side Note" I wonder if the Supra pedals will work? Second please understand that a good 2JZ swap will cost as much as about 3 good ES300s..... They are not cheap, I know, and I a doing a "budget" one... MY suggestion is I would sell off all the old parts, use the money to buy a used pontoon boat, take the pontoons off, hook them to the SC body and a very nice weekend party cruiser for the lake... The first ever Pontoon SC.........I true dream come true for any TRUE Lexus addict...... Watch out Monster Garage...
Old 01-30-04, 03:22 PM
BlvdKing
Driver

It sounds like you don't know a whole lot about mechanics. I see you are taking it to a mechanic which is a good idea but will cost you alot of $$. Your mechanic better be familair with the 2jzgte, Sc's, and motor swaps because this is no walk in the park.
Good luck with your project.
Old 01-30-04, 04:58 PM
AzLex
Lead Lap

Originally posted by BlvdKing
It sounds like you don't know a whole lot about mechanics. I see you are taking it to a mechanic which is a good idea but will cost you alot of $$. Your mechanic better be familair with the 2jzgte, Sc's, and motor swaps because this is no walk in the park.
Your only about 5 months late replying to this thread.
Old 01-30-04, 05:41 PM
zutoo
Driver

Originally posted by BlvdKing
Thank you, I will definatly need it!

Originally posted by AzLex
Your only about 5 months late replying to this thread.
Better late than never!

Last edited by zutoo; 01-30-04 at 05:41 PM.
Old 01-31-04, 02:16 AM
sweetsc400
Lead Lap

What's a Lexus???