Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Head Swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-03, 08:43 PM
SinisterSC
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head Swap

Ok, not to sure about this, but couldn't you just bolt the 2JZ-GTE head up to the 2JZ-GE motor and not have any problems as long as you get the TT ECU also. I'm not sure about this. Correct me if I'm wrong
Old 08-13-03, 10:12 PM
boredguy77
Lead Lap

yes you could do this. It would be an interesting setup, and probably not too expensive with all of the stock twins floating around. ONe point of concern would be wiring the coilpacks up. If you go for it, I would love to see it.
Old 08-14-03, 07:00 AM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im kinda curious too. If you can just change the bottom end components to Supra TT components and use the head off of a TT, wouldnt that pretty much be a swap right there?

if you can find more info on this, please post!

Last edited by kaotiq; 08-14-03 at 07:00 AM.
Old 08-14-03, 07:49 AM
TurboSC
Lexus Test Driver

Actually I am pretty sure that the head will NOT bold up to the GE bottom end. And vice versa for the bottom end of a GTE to a GE head.. If supraforums wasn't down we could verify this.
Old 08-14-03, 10:21 AM
boredguy77
Lead Lap

I am almost positive the head will bolt up. If the bolts didn`t match up, how could all of us use TT headgaskets?
im kinda curious too. If you can just change the bottom end components to Supra TT components and use the head off of a TT, wouldnt that pretty much be a swap right there?
Yes... but what is your point? we are talking about swaping just the head, and using our bottom end. The only difference between the TT and NA bottem end is the oil squirters and accompanying cooling ring inside the piston.
Old 08-14-03, 11:08 AM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by boredguy77
Yes... but what is your point? we are talking about swaping just the head, and using our bottom end.

well that is exactly what i was talking about if you read what i posted carefully.

Using our GE bottom end, but swapping in TT components *such as pistons and rods* and then using an actual Supra TT head onto our GE bottom end with TT components. Isn't that almost the same as doing a 2jzgte swap (assuming the ECU will be swapped too)?

Last edited by kaotiq; 08-14-03 at 11:09 AM.
Old 08-14-03, 08:06 PM
boredguy77
Lead Lap

well that is exactly what i was talking about if you read what i posted carefully.
I see I confused what you meant by bottom end, I was imagining you were talking about a short block. Anyways there is no need to swap the rods. As for the pistons, they are only slightly different (a hollow ring inside for the squirters) and I wouldn`t worry about the whole oil squirting setup unless you plan on a large single. since anyone who did this would probably run stock twins, I don`t think you even need to touch the bottom end.