Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Forced Air Tech seems to be ready

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-03, 01:28 PM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get movin Ryan before we put the whip to ya!
Old 08-22-03, 01:58 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

I should have my kit done and tested by December (LS400) SC400 will be later next year. It will be 7 psi intercooled. Yes, its US made... Vortech V2 SQ blower. I have no deadline, therefore there is no need to rush into things.

Last edited by Lextreme; 08-22-03 at 03:04 PM.
Old 08-22-03, 02:25 PM
dunn378
Pole Position

hey Lextreme how much h/p will a otherwise stock engine produce with your kit??
Old 08-22-03, 02:31 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My kit should be ready for delivery in late September. Totally different setup from Lextreme.

He will use a centrifugal blower. I will use a roots blower. Depends on what you want- instant low down grunt, or spool up mid to high rev grunt. Both will be excellent systems. Nice that there will be a choice.

Altstadt
Old 08-22-03, 02:36 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

BTW, keep in mind that Stage I, available in September will be very quick off the line, and require no internal mods- 5-6 lbs of boost. 0-60 should be awesome compared to stock. No intercooling required.

Stage II will be a beast, intercooled and significant more boost. Will require some internal mods to handle the boost. Estimated ETA- December. No more details will be stated on it for now.

Altstadt
Old 08-22-03, 03:50 PM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

After years of us SC400 whining someone finally came through. Fantastic work by both Lextreme and Ryan. Good work guys. Looking forward to the finished products.
Old 08-22-03, 04:04 PM
Coolstr85
Rookie

allstadt...do u have an estimate on what the stage 1 or stage 2 will cost the general public? i know u prolly dont have it down to exact numbers yet but do u have an estimate? also, any idea how much HP u will be pushing?
Old 08-22-03, 04:21 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Can't quote pricing- Not a CL approved Vendor, remember, We are not selling anything yet. Just priming the pump, so to speak. When prices are quoted, we will have CL approved status.

Stage I bare essentials will add roughly 100 HP and 145 ft/lbs of torque. I recommend you add to it the optional custom headers, free flow exhausts and flash ECU upgrade. This should add another 50 HP minimum, plus more torque. I cannot say for sure until my car is completed and on the dyno. I will post the figures. So, you should end up with a minimum of 400 HP & 435 ft/lbs torque. Again, wait for the dyno, it won't lie.

Stage II, will be much more...

Altstadt

Note to Legendary: I hope I haven't overstepped my bounds anywhere here.
Old 08-25-03, 10:59 AM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

Uh, to all supercharging R&D groups ( that'd be Lex & Altstadt ),... I would look the "whoooshin' " sound of the blow off valve included in the standard options so that I can intimidate any fool in a rustang or slamaro as i blow by them!! or the ability to make pedestrians run for cover cuz they don't quite know what that noise is!

I was at protech here in austin on fri afterhours and a supercharged m-series z3 rolled in, and i heard a lil whine from the engine,... but nothin' menacing, as say, one of my homeboy's turbo supra's or even some of the monster tt 300z's around here,... so it has to growl, bark and bite!
Old 08-25-03, 11:09 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

I would look the "whoooshin' " sound of the blow off valve included in the standard options so that I can intimidate any fool
Pull a vacuum line off

Last edited by O. L. T.; 08-25-03 at 11:10 AM.
Old 08-25-03, 11:17 PM
legendary
Racer

you are good right now...tech information is cool
just don't do an Area 51 on us
Old 08-26-03, 11:01 AM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

I am not sure about root style with BOV. Centrifigal system installing a BOV is a piece of cake. BOV is around $200-250 and adapter and pipe, you are looking at an additional $300 extra. That amount will add up along with huge intercooler. Intercooler is about 800-1000. The number is really adding up and some cheap a** lexus owner will turn away from the kit. People dont understand, quality parts cost money. Go fast parts cost money and some people are not willing to pay for it, but yet want all the good stuff.
Old 08-26-03, 12:07 PM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

The number is really adding up and some cheap a** lexus owner will turn away from the kit.
I agree with you but I think there will be more people that understand that now and would appreciate a well built kit. Since noone is going to doubt the quality you should be in fine shape.

You'll get a couple people whining about the price but those people are obviously not your target market and should be ignored accordingly.

Keep it coming.

Chris.
Old 08-26-03, 01:20 PM
Keith13b
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by Lextreme
People dont understand, quality parts cost money. Go fast parts cost money and some people are not willing to pay for it, but yet want all the good stuff.
True, but there is a fine line between the cost of quality parts and @ss-rapeing the consumer for an over rated profit margin on parts that might not be so high quality or high priced to begin with. Just because its going on a Lexus doesn't mean hike the price up to nose bleed status. The parts need to be actually high quality to constitute the price. I've seen many places sell crap for a Lexus and jack the price up because of the application. An experienced eye will be able to call BS on over priced products.

Just because its a Lexus doesn't me "we have to pay to play". Thats sorry saying is worn out in my opinion. It is valid to a point, but people fire back too much with it (mainly people who have companies that sell the products). People prey on the fact that Lexus owners might just buy a product and pay to have someone install it, w/o researching its quality or what an equilivant should cost, or what the individual parts normally cost for other applications. I don't like being seterotyped into the "ignorant but rich" catagory. I'm not ignorant and I'm not rich, but I have been racing cars for a long time and know what ***** should cost. Aftermarket performance parts are expensive.....but thats a given- no need to restate the obvious. Over charging just to make more money and saying you have to pay to play is just stupid, immoral, and makes you look bad to those that know whats going on.....and chances are, those are the people who will most likely buy (or not buy) the product in the end.

A successful company will make money by being honest and up front, and by generating a loyal customer base, where referrals will lead to success. Selling crap and hiking the price will get some people to buy initialy, but sooner or later the truth will be told.

I'm just tired of over priced Lexus crap......sometimes I wish it was still called a Toyota!
Old 08-26-03, 03:08 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Keith,

I could not agree less. My pricing is not base upon "Lexus", rather i calculate how much my cost is for the parts and my labor. After the cost of part plus labor and % increase to profit equal the final price. Not because its a lexus therefore the price must be high. The price should base upon the factors above not particulater brand. If a screw cost me $.10 i will sell it $.125 regardless is going into a Lexus, Ford or Porsche. Different price will attract different buyers. As the target right now. Most older lexus owners are younger like early to mid 20s. Too high of the price will turn them off. Too low will cheap quality. We must find a medium for it.

Quick Reply: Forced Air Tech seems to be ready