Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

My G/F Wants to be Fast!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-03, 07:40 PM
bmsport
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

(planning a budget of this will end up halfassed and incomplete imo).
My point exactly
Old 08-27-03, 08:04 PM
sc31jzgte
Driver School Candidate

TurboB6

I still would have to disagree. Yes it COULD cost you 6k+ for just and engine. However i researched it and it i wanted to keep everything stock it wouldnt go over 5K. the problem arises when people dont wanna keep everything stock, and rightfully so. If your going to have an engine apart why not replace some of the stock equipment for performace parts. But most people can find a supraTT engine with 30k miles or so for around 3k and put in another 2-3k and have a great daily driver thats almost indistingushable from a supraTT excluding the 6 speed tranny and the supra body. Anything else after that 2-3k is all performance upgrades. The reason i quote the price so cheap for our friend SinisterSC is because he said he could get a great deal on the enigne, 2jzgte, good deal i figure around the 2k price and he could easily dump another 2k in and have a wonderful daily driver. Anything after that is just the icing on the cake.

bmsport-

I got very lucky that i have friend thats a wiring genius. I got the engine as a soarer front clip from Australia (for 1500 + 250 shipping) It had 15k miles on it, i got lucky because the engine was in perfect conditon and the guys who sold it to me took nothing out of it. I used the stock ecu and rewired the RHD to a LHD. It wasnt easy but my friend and i got it done in a couple days. I know that the 1jz is a very difficult swap but its a lot easier of you get a soarer front clip instead of a MKIII engine. I used the stock 5 speed on my SC its a direct bolt on. everything else i used either stock from the soarer or stock from my GE. It went fairly smoothly, and being that i had all the money set aside and time it took us about 3 weeks start to finish. Of course it can be done faster but i took my time on everything. Its not halfassed it makes about 400 bwhp with the intercooler, and ive had no problems with it so far, except one blown seal. (which i waited 3 weeks for from japan) Its been a very reliabe daily driver and extremely fun.

1jz-
Old 08-27-03, 11:03 PM
sweetsc400
Lead Lap

I did it because I wanted my sc3 to be a true Soarer.

Does anybody else see a contradiction in this sentence? Guys, be nice now. We're one big happy family.
Old 08-28-03, 12:52 PM
bmsport
Lead Lap

which i waited 3 weeks for from japan
Yeah, that was one of the biggest concerns i had when weighing the 1jz and 2jz swaps, the parts are probably a ***** to get for the 1jz. Good to see you got it up and running, i heard the 1jz sounds alot cooler than the 2jz too, more high pitched and rev happy. I've only heard though.
Old 08-28-03, 01:18 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by bmsport
Yeah, that was one of the biggest concerns i had when weighing the 1jz and 2jz swaps, the parts are probably a ***** to get for the 1jz. Good to see you got it up and running, i heard the 1jz sounds alot cooler than the 2jz too, more high pitched and rev happy. I've only heard though.
But it wouldn't be as mod happy as 2JZ due to lower displacement and more restrictive intake (I think).

Chris
Old 08-28-03, 02:05 PM
SinisterSC
Lead Lap

Hey BM, that sounds pretty pimp about that kit, drop me a PM with his contact info. Might as well do a kit and save some time. I just don't want her car faster than mine
Old 08-28-03, 02:06 PM
sc31jzgte
Driver School Candidate

It is very rev happy, and your very correct DirectQL it is not as easly to find mods. Im glad i did it but sometimes i wish i would have done something a little easier to get parts and bolt on mods. Im happy either way and i would totally suggest it to anyone who wants something a little different. Though i cant say i see a lot of GE to GTE lexus swaps, present company excluded. Well good luck with whatever you decide to do SinisterSC. Either way you go you wont be disapointed.

1jz-
Old 08-28-03, 02:14 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by sc31jzgte
It is very rev happy, and your very correct DirectQL it is not as easly to find mods. Im glad i did it but sometimes i wish i would have done something a little easier to get parts and bolt on mods. Im happy either way and i would totally suggest it to anyone who wants something a little different. Though i cant say i see a lot of GE to GTE lexus swaps, present company excluded. Well good luck with whatever you decide to do SinisterSC. Either way you go you wont be disapointed.

1jz-
I'm waiting for a delivery of JDM 2JZ-GTE. As far as I know, some parts here in US aren't available for that motor too. Ex. igniter.

Chris
Old 08-28-03, 02:59 PM
whiteSc3
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

But most people can find a supraTT engine with 30k miles
These motors are becoming harder and harder to come across. To get a actual low miles gte, with everything you need to swap I would set my budget higher. In my opinion if your not looking for lots of power build up the blown motor in the sc, and turbo it. You would easily be able to make ~430rwhp, which is a good amount of power. This is most likely more than Supercharged M3 that she has driven. If it's done right, it should have no reliability issues. Also don't all sc3's have open diff's?, so if you planing on traction you'll want to upgrade to a supra rear end$. TurboB6 are you going to the Sep. 7th IDRC event at Bandi?, I should be up there racing for Redline and it would be cool to meet the only other swaped Sc3 in Colorado..
Old 08-28-03, 03:55 PM
TurboB6
Lead Lap

Originally posted by 90redsupra
These motors are becoming harder and harder to come across. To get a actual low miles gte, with everything you need to swap I would set my budget higher. In my opinion if your not looking for lots of power build up the blown motor in the sc, and turbo it. You would easily be able to make ~430rwhp, which is a good amount of power. This is most likely more than Supercharged M3 that she has driven. If it's done right, it should have no reliability issues. Also don't all sc3's have open diff's?, so if you planing on traction you'll want to upgrade to a supra rear end$. TurboB6 are you going to the Sep. 7th IDRC event at Bandi?, I should be up there racing for Redline and it would be cool to meet the only other swaped Sc3 in Colorado..
Yeah man, I plan on being there and hopefully racing as well. It'd be cool to meet up with you as well. I met Scot at the last event. Are you going to be pitting with Redline too?
Old 08-28-03, 07:38 PM
whiteSc3
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah man, I plan on being there and hopefully racing as well. It'd be cool to meet up with you as well. I met Scot at the last event. Are you going to be pitting with Redline too?
They are bringing the race gas and laptop, I will be under their tent. I bought a set of BFG dr's about 6 months ago and am very eager to use them
Old 08-28-03, 07:45 PM
TurboB6
Lead Lap

Originally posted by 90redsupra
They are bringing the race gas and laptop, I will be under their tent. I bought a set of BFG dr's about 6 months ago and am very eager to use them
Awesome, I've been using the Bfg's for awhile now, day and night difference! Ill stop by and see whats up. I know I'll be getting there early just dunno what area im gonna pit in.

Last edited by TurboB6; 08-28-03 at 07:46 PM.
Old 08-28-03, 10:26 PM
wmulli
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fast girlfriend

You're a lucky guy! I LOVE fast women

Oh... er... did you mean she wants to DRIVE fast???

Ahhh ... Nevermind ...
Old 08-30-03, 07:42 PM
95sc300t
Driver

Turbo6, you driving the white SC that Scott & Steve droped the engine from your wreaked supra into??

Nevermind, I just checked your website, and saw your Lexus is red. We gotta get togeather and talk shop, as my 95 SC300 PICTURE will be getting either a turbo kit upgrade, or a GTE conversion this winter...

Anyways, I'll be at Bandi, but not racing, unless they can get my Supra ready in time.. They at least have it running! Woohoo! I'm looking for 700'ish horsepower to get the ball rolling, with the "little" turbo (T78) and next year, when I get the "BIG" turbo (T88) I'll be trying for 900 RWHP.. We will see...

Last edited by 95sc300t; 08-30-03 at 07:51 PM.