Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1uzfe vibration issue after rh cam sensor replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-20, 10:23 AM
ifaumui
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1uzfe vibration issue after rh cam sensor replacement

I'm having issues with my engine as when I changed the RH cam sensor in this order > AIR INTAKE > MAF / MAF TUBING > TOP SPARK PLUG COVERS / TOP TIMING BELT COVERS > REMOVED SPARK PLUGS FROM D CAP > REMOVED UPPER SECTION OF LOWER RADIATOR HOSE > REMOVED SERPENTINE BELT > REMOVED IDLER PULLEY > REMOVED FRONT PLASTIC TIMING BELT COVER > REMOVED DISTRIBUTOR CAP > REMOVED DISTRIBUTOR ROTOR > REMOVED DISTRIBUTOR HOUSING > REMOVED OLD CAM SENSOR, THEN I FOLLOW REVERSE PRCEDURES TO INSTALL THE RH SIDE AGAIN. I wasnt sure if the rotor position in the same way i found it. Does that cause vibration if it is on the wrong way? I originally had a Code 13 and a sliced LH cam sensor, reason why I'm doing this. I will be uploading a video explaining everything too as well. I'll post the link soon. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. It smell kinda like gasoline now with the heavy vibration, I'm not sure.
Old 02-08-20, 11:05 AM
ifaumui
Driver School Candidate

Heres the vid
Old 02-09-20, 04:58 PM
ifaumui
Driver School Candidate

Default BUmP

Any ideas still researching, the screw that bolts the distributor housing for the left side to the engine fell into the timing cover. so I have time to figure out whats wrong with the right side.
Old 02-09-20, 06:04 PM
ifaumui
Driver School Candidate

could this oring be the issue to the vibration? I had trouble fitting this oring into the sensors home in the housing.

It came with the sensor from Rock Auto with it on. When I took my old sensor out it didnt have one equipped. with enough trouble on deciding whether it was importance of being on or not I just went ahead an used it as a sealer/gasket (had it seated between the actual distributor housing and the base of the sensor.) The sensor was still flushed with the wall on the inner side of the distributor housing.

So it cant be as if the sensor wasnt close enough to recieve or send the Signals to the distributor rotor, unless that millimeter or so it produced when I took the ring off matters.

Before I dropped my screw into my lower timing cover, I was working on my left cam sensor waiting for a response or update for my right cam on here. I didn't see any oring on the left. I'm assuming they are supposed to be equal in position in the housing. Which is why that vibration might be there. If not the oring issue, it might be the issue with the placement of the distributor rotor? Maybe it wasnt on the correct way? Any idea would be helpful here is gonna be the oring I'm talking about that only came equipped for the RH side cam sensor

There circled is the "oring" im talking about.