Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Intake manifold write up

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-20, 10:32 AM
Black97SC
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Intake manifold write up

Can anyone point me in the direction of the best starter, intake manifold gasket set that I can get, also coolant bridge gaskets, I see some option on the net, but I want the best/most trusted.... anything other than the dealer would be helpful as I plan to call the dealer for a quote on these items as well.
Old 12-04-20, 08:17 PM
1997Soarer
Instructor

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts

For gaskets and hoses, you don't have any real choices besides the dealer. Lexus/Toyota. If you know all the part numbers you are looking for from Lexus, you can try shopping a Toyoat dealer, like Elmhurst Toyota, for 97 2JZ-GE parts. Everything a 97 SC shares with a 97 Supra will be in their parts catalog and you'll most likely save some money there. Elmhurst has some of the best online parts prices around when it comes to 2JZ-GTE/GE parts. If you need SC300 specific parts tho, you're going to have to shop around Lexus dealers for that. No Toyota dealer can order Lexus parts. Our parts are locked out of their computers and vice versa.

If you have a SC400 you're kinda stuck with Lexus dealerships. The best advice I have for you there is to get a list of all the part numbers you need from your local dealer. Get their pricing. Then google each part and see who offers them the cheapest. I have yet to find a Lexus dealer online that has the BEST prices, however I have found a couple that I compare.
https://www.oemvehicleparts.com/

https://www.discountpartsmonster.com/

As for the starter, you can look for a reman Denso starter. Denso makes the starters and alternators for Toyota and the parts are identical except for the packaging and the label on the part itself

Last edited by 1997Soarer; 12-04-20 at 08:23 PM. Reason: added sites for 400 parts
The following users liked this post:
joewitafro (12-04-20)
Old 12-05-20, 04:17 AM
Black97SC
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 1997Soarer
For gaskets and hoses, you don't have any real choices besides the dealer. Lexus/Toyota. If you know all the part numbers you are looking for from Lexus, you can try shopping a Toyoat dealer, like Elmhurst Toyota, for 97 2JZ-GE parts. Everything a 97 SC shares with a 97 Supra will be in their parts catalog and you'll most likely save some money there. Elmhurst has some of the best online parts prices around when it comes to 2JZ-GTE/GE parts. If you need SC300 specific parts tho, you're going to have to shop around Lexus dealers for that. No Toyota dealer can order Lexus parts. Our parts are locked out of their computers and vice versa.

If you have a SC400 you're kinda stuck with Lexus dealerships. The best advice I have for you there is to get a list of all the part numbers you need from your local dealer. Get their pricing. Then google each part and see who offers them the cheapest. I have yet to find a Lexus dealer online that has the BEST prices, however I have found a couple that I compare.
https://www.oemvehicleparts.com/

https://www.discountpartsmonster.com/

As for the starter, you can look for a reman Denso starter. Denso makes the starters and alternators for Toyota and the parts are identical except for the packaging and the label on the part itself
Thank you 🙏