Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2JZGE FFIM with AEM

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-20 | 09:39 PM
DrBrown54
Driver School Candidate

Default 2JZGE FFIM with AEM

I know the FFIM horse has been beaten to death so bare with me. I have AEM v1 on my 94 NAT. Still running the disty, stock IM and fuel rail w/ RCE 440s. I want to convert to FFIM but not sure what kind of throttle body and IAC to use. My AEM and the stock TB/IAC never played nice, the idle would bounce up and down constantly at idle. I was told by others it was an AEM thing and just deal with it. The sheet metal FFIMs on ebay with a TB are $300+ but are they decent quality? It's a stretch but does anyone know what kind of TB my AEM v1 can use?? I kinda have to start from the TB and determine what IM to use that will bolt up to everything. I was looking at THIS setup but not sure if the 1JZ ports are the same on the IM plenum? For the record I have a mig and tig welder and have built turbo pipe kits from scratch so I'm not afraid of fabricating but if there's a decent/economical IM built already I'll save my time.

If it matters my power goals are 450whp max on a dyno, but likely driven at about 340ish in granny mode since I still have the W58. So no high boost pressures that would make cheap manifolds leak. The end goal is probably replace the AEM unless I can find a TB/IAC combo that will work better. I have to do this in stages for budget purposes so I'd appreciate any input from folks who have made these mistakes already. Thanks in advance!