Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

DaveH turbo kit - Partially Installed

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-03, 07:30 PM
William N.
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great Gazi...You'll love boost
Old 10-29-03, 08:13 PM
kmn5
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aliga
nice IC pipes, how much did that run you?
you using a fmic?
also what electronics you gonna be soldering in?

regards
Ken
Old 10-29-03, 08:35 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Im running a smic, which i picked up used for $135. Your best bet would be to pick up a fmic for a few hundred more on ebay.

The ic pipes were made by SPI in NJ, I paid $600 for: the pipes, filter, welding/installation of the bov flange, some minor troubleshooting of the vpc/afc

I will be soldering the vpc, afc, boost controller, and wideband.
Old 10-29-03, 09:36 PM
RSTSpeed
Lexus Test Driver

That looks fantastic! Is that piping powder coated? I can't tell...Why did you opt for the SMIC vs. the FMIC?
Old 10-29-03, 09:53 PM
krispytapa
Driver School Candidate

you may as well wire in the safc w/ the vpc. i tried w/ the vpc/gcc and i couldn't take out enough fuel w/ 525cc injectors.

good luck
MIke

Originally posted by aliga
Components:

Injectors: 525
Walbo fuel pump

VPC(mkiv tt auto 550 chip)/SAFC (also have a hks gcc) not sure which one to keep
Old 10-30-03, 04:37 AM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

nice work ali,good to see your project coming along-give me a call when your done so i can come by to wish i had a 300
Old 10-30-03, 05:33 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Gazi, glad to see you got your piping completed, looks very nice and clean. Once you have the Q Boro Brawler up and running, I'll be second in line for a blast on the Belt!! (after nextlevel)!!

Good work man!
Old 10-30-03, 06:42 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

D & D no problem! Anytime you guys want a ride or want to see it, just let me know. But give me this week to get things in order!
Old 10-30-03, 06:48 PM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gazi, count me in too!!
Old 10-30-03, 06:50 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I want some piece of the action too!!
Old 10-30-03, 07:06 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by aliga
D & D no problem! Anytime you guys want a ride or want to see it, just let me know. But give me this week to get things in order!
Thanks man, dont worry, I have been in the city for the past three wknds, so I'm taking a few weeks off to rest, I guess the other guys can skip me, even though I reserved a spot!!

Gazi, please do a IN DEPTH on the ins and outs of this kit, fittiment, cost, performance, etc once you have had it for a while. There are LOTS of guys on this board that just want a reliable 325-350rwhp car, but do not know the small details associated as well as the cost, ie, people always say the DaveH kit is cheap (cost wise, not quality), yet I would bet after all the ancillary parts (exhaust, gauges, fuel management, IC pipes), its in excess of 5k, plus installation!!

Once again good job, and dont forget to keep us slow guys informed!
Old 10-30-03, 07:09 PM
RSTSpeed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by DGOT20s
Thanks man, dont worry, I have been in the city for the past three wknds, so I'm taking a few weeks off to rest, I guess the other guys can skip me, even though I reserved a spot!!

Gazi, please do a IN DEPTH on the ins and outs of this kit, fittiment, cost, performance, etc once you have had it for a while. There are LOTS of guys on this board that just want a reliable 325-350rwhp car, but do not know the small details associated as well as the cost, ie, people always say the DaveH kit is cheap (cost wise, not quality), yet I would bet after all the ancillary parts (exhaust, gauges, fuel management, IC pipes), its in excess of 5k, plus installation!!

Once again good job, and dont forget to keep us slow guys informed!
I highly agree; I'm one of them!
Old 11-02-03, 09:37 PM
lexus_sc400_n20
Pole Position

aliga - You will love the PT51. It spools quickly and you can put down some power with it too. At 10.5psi i put down 320rwhp. I'm now at 1.05 bar (15.2 psi) and i haven't been back to the dyno yet. I'm waiting on my 525cc injectors so i can do a 22psi pull on race gas. possible even a 50 shot the n20 kit is in the car, i just gotta hook up solenoids. I eat up LS1s and lots of stangs

I have a race tonight at 1am vs a bolted LS1 supposed to run 12.4's. We have to go from a 2nd gear start bc he is having trouble getting from 1st to 2nd gear. I will post the results later.
Old 11-03-03, 06:19 AM
RSTSpeed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by DGOT20s
???
Old 11-03-03, 06:40 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Just an update, did not really push the car, but drove it around the block. The BOV is working, sounds awesome. I got a few cel lights, im thinking that I am running really, really rich.

That is about it. I need to get the car tuned, before I really get on it and cause some damage.

lexus_sc400_n20: Good luck on the race, keep us updated.

RSTSpeed: all the details will be posted once the car is running, and driveable on a daily basis.

Quick Reply: DaveH turbo kit - Partially Installed