Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Calling NA-T guys with ECU Masters ECU

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-21, 08:14 AM
Turbostar
Pit Crew

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Calling NA-T guys with ECU Masters ECU

Hi guys, my project is a 1993 SC300 5-speed (W58) with stock 2JZ-GE. I have the CXRacing turbo kit (Gt35), but I'm trying to figure out which ECU/adapter I need. I want to be as "plug and play" as possible.

Before you say "do a search", I've done that. Many of the NA-T posts here are quite dated and are from a pre-COVID time where TT ECUs and r154s were apparently plentiful. Some businesses are no longer around, and new ones have popped up along with new technology.

I emailed ECU master to see which product they recommended, because they don't have a specific 2JZ-GE ECU on their website. They said to email them a photo of my ECU connections. I'm a little confused as to why they wouldn't have this information already, given how common the NA-T swaps are for 2JZ-GE motors.

Anyhow, I wanted to see if someone was running a set-up from them already and what the part numbers/model numbers were.

Last edited by Turbostar; 05-17-21 at 08:39 AM.
Old 05-17-21, 01:35 PM
joe diego
Lexus Test Driver

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I would think it would be the same harness as the 2JZGTE non vvti, but I’m not 100 on that.
Old 05-17-21, 02:58 PM
Turbostar
Pit Crew

Yeah I think so too, but I'm pretty sure there are at least SOME guys on here running their products. Waiting to hear from them.

Or, if folks think AEM v2 is better, I'm up for that also. Price isn't really the issue. Plug and play is the main driver.
Old 05-18-21, 11:57 AM
LethalSC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can use 2JZGTE non vvti adapter....but you will need to make some changes in the software to map out the correct ignition output.
Old 05-18-21, 03:31 PM
Turbostar
Pit Crew

This is the answer I was looking for. Thank you!
Old 05-20-21, 06:22 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I have the ecumasters black with my na-t. Theres very little pnp to this pnp gte patch harness . Some pins need to be moved around. start up maps were useless for me to start the car using vvti coils and internal ignitor. Alpha from induction performance in Tampa knows this software in a out and he remotely late like 10p one night went jn setup ignition correctly helped me sync timing and she's running beautiful with a very quick startup cal and drivability tune . He'll be on the dyno with it in 2 weeks .

be sure and remove the 2 middle pins in your iacv plug or you'll have back feed on 12 volts that will drive you crazy . Little things like this they don't tell you up front . Your ac will not function correctly without proper pullup resistor settings done . Its not in the instructions.

if you don't have a tuner , reach out to alpha at induction performance from their site and tell him Ed referred you from Florida. He and I been friends since 2008 when he began tuning , now one of the most highly regarded tuners in the country
Old 05-20-21, 08:38 AM
Turbostar
Pit Crew

So you have the EMU Black, but did you also get the proper adapter? Even after that, you still need to move pins around?

For my build, I'm NOT going to use coil-on-plug (at least not right away)...trying to keep it pretty stock, so will keep the distributor for now.

Old 05-23-21, 08:19 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbostar
So you have the EMU Black, but did you also get the proper adapter? Even after that, you still need to move pins around?

For my build, I'm NOT going to use coil-on-plug (at least not right away)...trying to keep it pretty stock, so will keep the distributor for now.
there are no 'proper pnp adapters for na-t ' other then what was developed for the is300. So we use pnp for gte 2jz and add and move few pins accordingly . I would highly encourage you to do vvti cop from the start since you are already doing little Pinning its super simple ,. 3 wires to ecu direct , power and ground . I run 12volt directly from battery instead thru oem wiring for stronger spark . I run it to relay by ecu . Remember we have internal ignitor so no need for that old school ignitor bs . Going vvti cop requires no ignition amp or booster upto around 30 psi , try that on a single coil dizzy .. BTW I still use dizzy base for cam and crank signals
The following 2 users liked this post by lexforlife:
joe diego (05-24-21), Turbostar (05-26-21)
Old 05-26-21, 08:01 PM
Turbostar
Pit Crew

Sent you a PM
Old 07-30-23, 02:08 PM
bbyatv
Pit Crew

Received 107 Likes on 65 Posts

Turbostar, I am running a 95 SC300 with a NA-T I did myself. I followed the Ali SC3 2JZGE Na-T TT Ecu Mod to the letter. My car has been running great on the 95 Supra ECU for a few years. I am limited to 14 psi. I am also still running a distributor. I would like to swap to an EMU black. Were you able to figure out how to do this?

Thanks,
Bruce
Old 08-01-23, 06:31 AM
Turbostar
Pit Crew

I still have all my parts! I don't have a lot of time to work on the car right now, so I've just been driving it and enjoying it with the stock motor. I hope to start the NA-T conversion this fall when it cools down a bit here in Texas.