Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

EFI is ready to ship SC400 supercharger kits

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-03, 07:49 PM
Coolstr85
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FI for the SC400!!! hmm! may have to finish up the turbo sc300 pretty quickly and sell it to my little brother. he gets his learners in a couple months, so that will give me a perfectly good reason to give it to him and get me a sc400. im definetly gonna be lookin into this, and any info yall get on it make sure u post it
Old 10-02-03, 09:30 PM
DontHateSc
Rookie

wow i thought i was lucky when i got my sc400 when i turned 16! i cant imagine someone my age having a turbo sc300.. (jelousy).

i just want to share my appreciation with the FI supercharger
Old 10-02-03, 09:43 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Lex Luthor
It'll be interesting to see how many respond with '......man, when I get me a job I gotta get me one of those....'
I dunno if this was directed or not....but I'm 17, and i got a job, but still $4300 for me is tooooo much

James
Old 10-02-03, 09:47 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by jet864
I dunno if this was directed or not....but I'm 17, and i got a job, but still $4300 for me is tooooo much

James
that was directed to the mid to late 20's people who have been complaining about lack of power upgrades for the SC4's

dude if you are 17 and have an SC and have a job then you're doing something right.
Old 10-02-03, 10:18 PM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm a potential future buyer,... however,.. I'm waiting to see what Lextreme is cookin' up,... and to see if any turbo kits EVER show up in the near distant close future. I think I'm leaning towards which kit will have most bang for buck.

beware american rice!
Old 10-02-03, 10:34 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

My kit? I am doing it for fun. Dont wait for my kit. I am doing it not because i want to make money rather to explore the potential of the 1UZ. My LS400 Vortech V2 SQ S-Trim is almost done and need to machine the bracket and few other things... I plan to pump 15-18 intercooled psi into my LS400. Hopefully it will be done and tested by Dec. 2003 with dyno numbers. SC400 SC will be early next year. Root, Twin Crew or centrigal will serve different crow.

Edited for advertising

Last edited by legendary; 10-05-03 at 05:38 AM.
Old 10-04-03, 11:40 PM
ToyLexmods
Lead Lap

Just wondering,

I can buy a EFI direct for 4300 plus shipping or buy a RYA for 5995 group buy? I dont think EFI will limit all orders to RYA given the added markup and loss of potential sales to US customers. EFI needs to sell as many of these kits to pay for all the r/d costs and startup costs in this kit. But hey, if EFI does limit all orders through RYA only at those prices...I will pass. I wont pay that markup over an already complete kit.
Old 10-05-03, 01:43 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

EFI is not marking up or giving exclusive rights to anyone. you can buy from the directly.

Originally posted by ToyLexmods
Just wondering,

I can buy a EFI direct for 4300 plus shipping or buy a RYA for 5995 group buy? I dont think EFI will limit all orders to RYA given the added markup and loss of potential sales to US customers. EFI needs to sell as many of these kits to pay for all the r/d costs and startup costs in this kit. But hey, if EFI does limit all orders through RYA only at those prices...I will pass. I wont pay that markup over an already complete kit.
Old 10-05-03, 02:46 PM
ToyLexmods
Lead Lap

VS,

Yes, I do know EFI is selling direct here in the US at this time. My thoughts were that EFI couldnt even think of giving exclusive rights to anyone and have the price for this supercharger kit go even higher through the roof. But, if it did happen and the cost for this kit were 6000....I would not buy even if the 6k were sitting on table as we speak. It may be the idea that the complete kit should sell for 4300 and no value is added (my opinion) by having a exclusive US dealer and running the cost up to 6k.

I have been talking to Errol for over a year and I guess its time to order this huffer up. I have just been having the new car bug lately and wanted something newer. I just finished waiting nearly 2 years for Whiteline Au to make a complete suspension upgrade for the early model GT4. Well, bottom line is that I am very dissapointed in the product, the outcome, the customer service of Whiteline. I may just give up on taking these old cars to a higher level....even if the cars are mint low mileage examples of an early era import muscle car...there is no product support and the electronics are old school.
Old 10-06-03, 05:02 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

very strange.
First EFI told me I can buy from them directly.
Now they are telling me that I have to buy directly fro US distributor.

All I want to know now is for $2000 extra what value addedness I get.

If this is how things are going to go overall with things to be released in the future I'll sell the SC and buy a Vette and suprcharge that for the same money or less and be twice as fast.

I have no problem paying MSRP but this is close to 50% over the MSRP.

Last edited by VSsc400; 10-06-03 at 06:58 AM.
Old 10-06-03, 09:59 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

All I want to know now is for $2000 extra what value addedness I get.
your paying someone's car note and house note, and it is not indifferent from any importer selling something. They get their markup, you get your product.
Old 10-06-03, 10:25 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by O. L. T.
your paying someone's car note and house note, and it is not indifferent from any importer selling something. They get their markup, you get your product.
Well I understand that eveyone needs to make money.
Usually what will happen is that the distributor will get it for wholesale price and sell it at MSRP.
Also from what I've seen with manufacturer to distributor or dealer prices is the non-competitive price quote, meaning that the manufacturer cannot compete with prices set by the manufacturer to not go below a limited price agreed between the distributor to manufacturer.
In this case the manufacturer is selling directly to the open public at nearly 50% discounted price... This is what i'm confused about. EFI says $6500AUD is MSRP = $4300USD so just trying to figure out where the premium is comming into play.

I've ordered my veilside bodykit through a distributor in US. I got to pay the JPY MSRP converted to spot USD/JPY price +shipping. So I did pay the MSRP but the middleman paid the wholesale price and made the difference as profit.

It wouldn't make much sence for lexus dealerships to pay MSRP and sell it for a $7000 markup on top of that price.

just my .02AUD cents.
Old 10-06-03, 01:46 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The $2000 markup seems a bit much but maybe the US distributor will include more stuff. Or possibly on-site installation only. Some info from soneone who knows whats going on would be nice.

but for $2k, I think I could fly to Melbourne myself and pick up the kit.
Old 10-06-03, 05:21 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

I just broght a pair of Nike from Big Five yesterday and the cost is about $45.00. I bet Big Five pay about $20 for it and it might cost $5.00 to make it in China or any third world country. The point is this, the distrubutor will provide tech supports, sevice supports and warrenttee (spelling). There are other factors involve. Its kidda hard to get support from Australia if something goes bad. The price for the bolt-on supercharger is very good. If I want to paid $5.00 for my Nike tennis shoe, I would have to flight to China and buy few thousand in order to get the discount.

I am not saying it right or wrong, but its the cost of doing business. RYA Tuned also invest money in buying mess quanitity and earned the right to be the sole distrubutor
Old 10-06-03, 06:31 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Lextreme
I just broght a pair of Nike from Big Five yesterday and the cost is about $45.00. I bet Big Five pay about $20 for it and it might cost $5.00 to make it in China or any third world country. The point is this, the distrubutor will provide tech supports, sevice supports and warrenttee (spelling). There are other factors involve. Its kidda hard to get support from Australia if something goes bad. The price for the bolt-on supercharger is very good. If I want to paid $5.00 for my Nike tennis shoe, I would have to flight to China and buy few thousand in order to get the discount.

I am not saying it right or wrong, but its the cost of doing business. RYA Tuned also invest money in buying mess quanitity and earned the right to be the sole distrubutor
right but the MSRP of the Nike is $45 and you paid $45 and the distributor made $20 manufacture made $20 the chinese made $5 but the price the good was sold was at the MSRP.
Distributors make a profit by profiting from the price difference between the MSRP and dealer to distributor price.
Florida is too far for me to ask for support anyway. Makes no difference to me.
Yes if you paid $5 for you shoe then you would have to buy several thousand and you can make the $40 profit.
If lexus sells a GS300 with a MSRP of $54,000 then you go to the dealer and buy it for $54,000.
if EFI is selling a S/C kit with a MSRP of $4300 then i will go to EFI and buy it for $4300.
If USA-TUNER is elling an EFI S/C kit with a MSRP of $4300 for $6000 then I will go to EFI and buy it for $4300.
As a business they buy in bulk and make the profit. A business takes risks. A riskless business doesn't exist.
If EFI is selling the S/C kit to Rya-tuned for $4300 then there is something wrong.

Australia or Florida. Makes no difference to me. Both are far enough to have no impact.

Economics 101 man. you can't sell a 1 dollar bill for 2 dollars. The kit costs everyone in the world $4300. But for us in US it's going to cost $6000. Doesn't make sense.

I am not saying that RYA shouldn't make a profit but don't sell me a $54,000 lexus at $70,000.

Am I the only one understanding MSRP thing here?

Last edited by VSsc400; 10-06-03 at 06:33 PM.

Quick Reply: EFI is ready to ship SC400 supercharger kits