Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

EGR delete vacuum routing for N/A

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-21, 10:41 PM
Nine3SC
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default EGR delete vacuum routing for N/A

Hello everyone.
i'm doing this small write up for anyone having idle surge and or low idle and hesitation after EGR delete on a N/A 2JZ-GE.
The vacuum routing is pretty much the same as what others have said on a few threads.
What i did was kept the actuator under the intake hooked up to it's vsv and vacuum tank & that alone greatly improved throttle response. I also re-routed the throttle opener vacuum line to the vacuum hardline above the iacv and that seemed to cure my low idle & hesitation issues all together.
This may not work for you but this fixed all my idle issues after fully removing & blocking off the EGR.
I hope this information can be of help to someone.

Last edited by Nine3SC; 11-26-21 at 12:38 AM.
Old 12-04-21, 06:01 PM
GAsc300
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Thanks Nine3SC for the vacuum diagram.

ive had egr cel for long time with no engine performance issues until recently. Now have hesitation at idle and roughness. Access was tough but Got the dang thing off this weekend and am soaking egr and egr pipe in throttle body cleaner, hoping that’ll set it straight. EGR block off a few steps away if needed. Thanks for write up. I’ve got ‘93 sc300.