Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2JZGE goes 10.17 @ 132.7 mph

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-03, 05:09 PM
C Spec
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On a side note, thought I'd try again...
Well, I've tried multiple PM's, e-mails, and even posting a thread here and no luck. Can someone please give me information about advertising here? I'm starting up an online parts business and I'd like to become a sponsor.
Old 10-11-03, 05:57 PM
wmulli
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by DaveH
The wideband O2 at the dyno died in the middle of tuning my car, so I was unable to tune at more than ~23psi of boost, so that is all I could safely run. My *little* shot of nitrous is a 140 shot.

TurboSC: The SP73 is a little too big to be a really good street turbo. I put a .68a/r on it to help spool, and it made it a lot better. I'll have to look at my logs to see what rpm I get full boost... prob around 5k I believe.

DaveH

oh, engine pic...

Hi Dave, Impressive runs!!! From the pic, it looks like a tubular turbo manifold? Is that the one you're selling in your kit? Thanks!
Old 10-11-03, 06:02 PM
wmulli
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by SC300T
Advertising???
You've got to be kidding...
The post above asked where he (Dave H) got the manifold. How is that advertising?
Can I not tell anyone where I got my Toyomoto turbo kit for and for how much? Would that not be advertising too? Dave came on this site not for solicitation, but to share experiences and information with us. He's posted lots of valuable information. I'm not sure that an impediment to the flow of this type of information is in the best interest of Club Lexus. If Dave H makes the manifolds himself, why can
he can't say so, just because he is the seller? It was in direct response to a query, not a solicitation for business. I don't see One Last Try getting shut down for peddling his needles and lights on the board. IMHO there is no real solicitation going on here, but perhaps he shouldn't have stated that the price on them is $600 each, though.

Just my .02.
I totally agree!! C'mon moderators, get real! This is supposed to be a club for sharing information. We're not kids that need to be censored...
Old 10-11-03, 06:17 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by wmulli
I totally agree!! C'mon moderators, get real! This is supposed to be a club for sharing information. We're not kids that need to be censored...
Well, I have to disagree. Moderators are needed for sure. The rules are good, but common sense and the way some moderators interpret the rules are way off.

Chris
Old 10-11-03, 07:30 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,286 Likes on 1,392 Posts

Originally posted by DIrEctQL
Well thank you Dave. Be rested sure that I did PM Ethan. Also, you're no better in interpretation of the rules. Last time you interpreted the fules you actually made your own.

Chris
Originally posted by DIrEctQL
Well, I have to disagree. Moderators are needed for sure. The rules are good, but common sense and the way some moderators interpret the rules are way off.

Chris
Chris,

I respectfully disagree with your interpretation of last photo contest rules to fit your own personal agenda (I assume that's what you are referring to here, as that's the only interaction I've had with you). Ethan, the owner of CL, also agrees with the way we enforced the photo contest rule to ensure a fair and balanced contest, with no bias due to politicing by members with "VOTE FOR ME" threads. You have no basis for continuing his argument and it is way off topic for the conversation in this thread.

Also please check your PM as you've contined to ignore the rule below. This thread is closed.

Moderators
ClubLexus Moderators are a group of volunteers to help facilitate discussion on ClubLexus. They should not to be argued with in public when enforcing forum rules and guidelines. All members are welcome to speak with the moderators about their concerns in a polite and calm manner in private. If you have a complaint, you can contact the administrator.

Do not smart off to moderators. They are here by choice alone, and have been bestowed the privilege of maintaining this wonderful site, and acting on direct authority from the Owner and Administrator himself to enforce the rules, regulations, etiquette, and desired environment.

If you have any questions, comments, or issues with a moderator, please contact the administrator at administrator@clublexus.com.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 10-11-03 at 07:39 PM.