Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1995 Sc300 bogs and pops trying to accelerate.

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-22, 09:19 AM
wallys3d
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Sc300 bogs and pops trying to accelerate.

I’m new to this site. I have a 95 sc300 that has a stock motor with EGR system deleted. It ran after the delete for a while and then started to over heat so it was parked for a long while after changing the water, sensor and thermostat with it still over heating.
I just recently changed the stock fuel pump to the AEM fuel pump. Then I had to jump the fuel pump ECU to get power to the pump. The car will run just fine at a idle but falls on its face when you push down the accelerator.

Thank you to anyone that can help me figure this out.
Old 01-20-22, 04:32 PM
scsexy
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Sounds like lots of problems.... without much detail.

Deleting the EGR has 0 affect on the cooling system of the car. I would make sure your waterpump is working, thermostat is opening, and your radiator fan clutch is okay. (all this could be fine and you could have a blown head gasket)

You should never have to jump the power at the fuel pump ECU... you are suppose to be bypassing the ECU by giving the Pump power all the time. It is a good idea to wire up your own relay here to give the fuel pump power when you turn the key on.

Your computer could also be dying or dead, causing all kinds of strange problems. Its a common issue on these older cars.
The following users liked this post:
Bimmerbill (01-21-22)
Old 01-25-22, 07:05 PM
RXRodger
Instructor

Received 210 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by wallys3d
I’m new to this site. I have a 95 sc300 that has a stock motor with EGR system deleted. It ran after the delete for a while and then started to over heat so it was parked for a long while after changing the water, sensor and thermostat with it still over heating.
I just recently changed the stock fuel pump to the AEM fuel pump. Then I had to jump the fuel pump ECU to get power to the pump. The car will run just fine at a idle but falls on its face when you push down the accelerator.

Thank you to anyone that can help me figure this out.
So when you say it overheats, does it blow the coolant out of the radiator? As the other poster said, multiple issues here it sounds like. But overheating and no solution could be head gasket. But only a guess without more info.