Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Which of the following would you get?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-03, 08:31 PM
DontHateSc
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which of the following would you get?

Well, my birthday is coming up and i havnt decided what i should get as my next mod

first of all, i def. cant hold on money long enough before i can get a supercharger (4000). So anyway, here are some of the things i can get

ECU
Springs Shocks
Lextreme torque convertor- has anyone bought this?
Remove "lexus alloy hub caps" and get some rims-

[EDITED TO REMOVE NON VENDOR PRICING]

what do you guys think about the lextreme torque convertor, i just dont know if it is as good as PI TC. Can anyone give me some info on this that bought it? Also, the only mod i have really is new tires and exhaust. If you know any other good mods (minus BIF) they would really help. Thanks,

DontHateSc

PS- i did a search and still cant decide so dont give me the search button thing please, thanks!

Last edited by O. L. T.; 10-06-03 at 08:57 PM.
Old 10-06-03, 08:59 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Which of the following would you get?

Originally posted by DontHateSc
Well, my birthday is coming up and i havnt decided what i should get as my next mod

first of all, i def. cant hold on money long enough before i can get a supercharger (4000). So anyway, here are some of the things i can get

ECU
Springs Shocks
Lextreme torque convertor- has anyone bought this?
Remove "lexus alloy hub caps" and get some rims-

what do you guys think about the lextreme torque convertor, i just dont know if it is as good as PI TC. Can anyone give me some info on this that bought it? Also, the only mod i have really is new tires and exhaust. If you know any other good mods (minus BIF) they would really help. Thanks,

DontHateSc

PS- i did a search and still cant decide so dont give me the search button thing please, thanks!
Ok, me and you are in the same boat. I couldn't decide what to do either so i chipped away at a system thats gonna end up being >$2500 retail (I don't pay retail), but still I think thats a good project if you're into that. Otherwise, I say go with some rims to drop the stock look. Get some Moda R6's or something, but nothing thats gonna look ricey. Tints are also a nice touch. If anyone's in the Seattle area and needs tints, PM me (i work at a tint shop). Good luck.

James

Last edited by O. L. T.; 10-06-03 at 11:08 PM.
Old 10-06-03, 09:25 PM
Baby ///M3
Lexus Champion

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

The Lextreme TC is just a piece that upgrades your existing TC on your car.

The PI Dragon TC, on the other hand, is a completely and separately built unit specifically for increasing the performance of SC4s.

I have a brand new PI Dragon TC for sale for $750.00 if you're interested.

Thanks.

Jon
Old 10-06-03, 10:06 PM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

From my understanding, the Lextreme TC is a rebuilt stock TC with a higher stall. That is why there is a core charge that is refunded when you send your original TC back to them. The PI TC is an aftermarket TC built to withstand higher HP. Unless you plan on making over 350 to 400 hp the Lextreme TC should be fine.
Old 10-07-03, 05:20 PM
DontHateSc
Rookie

do you think the lextreme built torque convertor would do the same thing the PI does if you have stock horsepower (plus about 2 from exhaust lol)? Also, i have a system and it sucks because if i put the subs up it hits the CD player and then i get no sound at all ... do you know anyway i could stop this without getting a whole new head unit (my mom thinksg etting a new CD player is the worst idea ever =/ )
Old 10-07-03, 05:38 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are you looking for? Performance or appearance? Fast in a straight line or do you plan on turning?

The PI TC is probably the best performance mod there is. I have no experience with rebuilt torque converters though. I do know that PI carries a lifetime guarantee on them and that you can get the stall speed changed later on for free, but only once. I have the PI and its been a blast.

But if you are really serious about modding, you'll have that entire list sooner or later.
Old 10-07-03, 07:50 PM
DontHateSc
Rookie

hehe the PI TC is sounding more like a reality, but about having all the mods... that would take years, especially since im still just a highschool kid . how much do you think it is to install a new torque convertor?
Old 10-07-03, 09:31 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by DontHateSc
hehe the PI TC is sounding more like a reality, but about having all the mods... that would take years, especially since im still just a highschool kid . how much do you think it is to install a new torque convertor?
Quite a bit from what I've heard. the tranny has to get dropped, so just imagine normal shop charges. Being in highschool myself, I know how hard it is especially when you wanna learn how to do it all, but normal school takes up all your time.

James