Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Sc 400 manual swap ka wiring

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-22, 04:57 PM
Dav1d
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sc 400 manual swap ka wiring

Hey guy i have a 95 sc400 I blew up my automatic trans and have been looking in to manual swap it does not look to have looking to go with a ka trans because it’s very readily available the only thing I can’t find out is how to wire neutral safety switch and reverse lights I want to do it right is there anyone that could show me pictures of how they did it and explain thank you for your time
Old 08-14-22, 07:15 PM
Arsenii
Pole Position

Received 793 Likes on 665 Posts

Hello,

Automatic transmission has a switch located on the shifter, which is responsible for all the lights on the dash and the ECU operation. Refer to the pinout below, if you short Pins 9 and 4, Reverse Lights should come on, though before shorting those, you can measure continuity on the switch between those pins when the shifter is n Reverse, just to prevent some unexpected fireworks in your car.

Neutral Safety Switch is a little different, it doesn't rely on the transmission switch, rather on the switch built into the shifter lever in the interior. What I would do is simply re-wire a Neutral Safety Switch from said shifter to the Clutch Pedal, so that the starter would only engage when the clutch is depressed. It's the easiest, and in my opinion, the most solid way to retrofit one of those, since it is always a good practice to press the clutch before starting the car anyway.

Hope this helps and best of luck!
The following users liked this post:
RudysSC (08-15-22)