Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

HELP!!! MY SC400 just keeps cranking no start

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-22, 08:58 AM
Ldepaso
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default HELP!!! MY SC400 just keeps cranking no start

Hi all, sorry for posting this if it has already been answered. but i am out of solutions , i did every possible diagnosis but the car just wont turn over, i changed fuel pump, bypassed the Fuel pump ECU, checked the relay, all of them are working , oh and i also got a brand new coils and sparkplugs but noting , i have been at it for a week now but the car just wont start, could this be a bad ECU? how do i test the ECU? Please Help. i have 4 days to move the car , unfortunately my Apartment management does not allow you to work on you car on your own parking space.
Old 09-30-22, 07:00 PM
Tallyhoe
Advanced

Received 140 Likes on 109 Posts

Any chance the battery is dead or semi dead...
Old 09-30-22, 08:16 PM
Ldepaso
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Tallyhoe
Any chance the battery is dead or semi dead...
battery is brand new. I was able to start the car. I just stepped on the gas and turn the ignition on and it started right up. It’s kind of wired tho. After that I didn’t have an issue starting the car up regularly but every Time the car sits for more than 8 hrs. I would have to step on the gas pedal agin to start it. Not sure what that is about.
Old 09-30-22, 10:58 PM
Tallyhoe
Advanced

Received 140 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Ldepaso
battery is brand new. I was able to start the car. I just stepped on the gas and turn the ignition on and it started right up. It’s kind of wired tho. After that I didn’t have an issue starting the car up regularly but every Time the car sits for more than 8 hrs. I would have to step on the gas pedal agin to start it. Not sure what that is about.
It kinda sounds like the issue I had, but I have no idea if its the same... I did get my ECU rebuilt but it didn't fix the issue, it prolonged it... kinda. I stalled out on a freeway exit after the rebuild... For me it ended up being my ignitor on the driver side of course... I would get random no starts after a few hours until I discovered it after it started misfiring and it cooked both cats, took it home and parked till I figured it out.. I did post it on my build thread.