Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

ECU and FFIM upgrade question with distributor delete kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-22, 09:59 AM
cuco
2nd gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ECU and FFIM upgrade question with distributor delete kit

I'm looking at Clayton from Supravworld's cam trigger kit with coilpack swap to delete my distributor. I understand this is a relatively new product, but was looking for some advice on ECU and a FFIM swap on my 95 non-vvti sc300.

To my understanding this converts the stock GE harness into a mock GTE harness with dual cam gear sensors and a crank shaft sensor. With the FFIM upgrade it also changes the MAF to MAP with IAT.

I'm looking at getting an AEM or Ecumaster standalone for this build. Would these work as it's "basically" a GTE now? After looking through available threads I've also come to the disappointing realization that none of this will work with my current auto trans. A manual swap is in the plan when it's time to go na-t.

Will a side mount aftermarket FFIM work with the GE non-vvti? Am I correct in the oddly shaped lower runners can be deleted if doing the side mount FFIM?

Any insight is greatly appreciated. This is my first major overhaul and I'm currently amassing parts until I have everything in hand to proceed with the upgrade. Seeing a mountain of car parts that I can't do anything with until figuring out the rest of the puzzle is a bit disheartening.
The following 2 users liked this post by cuco:
Bimmerbill (10-19-22), Late (10-18-22)
Old 10-18-22, 07:53 PM
Late
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking to try out this setup as well. SupraVworld posted that video just in time for me to not buy GTE cams and start welding on the head.
Old 01-03-24, 10:45 PM
alphakill8
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ffim

Hey I have a 96 sc300 and am going ffim I bought Supravworld distributor delete and I bought his coil on pack I’m in the process of fitting them both but need ffim. I got dodo lower runners with the 11mm fuel rail and am gonna use one gte manifold. But the one throttle body in my sc300 has 2 throttle cables. Do you know what they are for? Do I need both of them or does one get deleted when I go ffim?
Old 01-04-24, 08:39 PM
Rcreegan
Intermediate

Received 130 Likes on 92 Posts

one is throttle the other one is cruise control I believe

Originally Posted by alphakill8
Hey I have a 96 sc300 and am going ffim I bought Supravworld distributor delete and I bought his coil on pack I’m in the process of fitting them both but need ffim. I got dodo lower runners with the 11mm fuel rail and am gonna use one gte manifold. But the one throttle body in my sc300 has 2 throttle cables. Do you know what they are for? Do I need both of them or does one get deleted when I go ffim?
Old 01-05-24, 05:43 AM
Bimmerbill
Advanced

Received 327 Likes on 253 Posts

Alphakill,
I have watched Clayton's videos and with the new COP setup it is a winner. I would love to see pictures and the problems (if any) you run into. I bought his brake kit to install the LS460 brake calipers and was very pleased now that I can stop.
Bill
The following users liked this post:
alphakill8 (01-15-24)
Old 01-15-24, 08:29 PM
alphakill8
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bimmerbill
Alphakill,
I have watched Clayton's videos and with the new COP setup it is a winner. I would love to see pictures and the problems (if any) you run into. I bought his brake kit to install the LS460 brake calipers and was very pleased now that I can stop.
Bill
Hey I will post some pictures soon I deleted the distributor with the distributor delete kit. I am just waiting on the Coil on Pack kit to come in. I am also using the DODO intake lower runner adapter to go ffim.