Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Best Butt Dyno Mods?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-23, 05:40 AM
FennyMike
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Exclamation Best Butt Dyno Mods?

What are the best mods that actually make you feel a noticeable difference while driving?
Old 04-04-23, 04:08 PM
cp2
Racer

Received 367 Likes on 212 Posts

easy and cheap mods would be intake, headers and exhaust. might not feel like much, but every bit helps. otherwise go forced induction w/ ecu tune. I figured every "car person" would know this by now.
Old 04-04-23, 07:55 PM
FennyMike
Pit Crew

I'm assuming you're not much of a "car person" either if you don't even know what butt dyno means. Yes we all know about these mods, the most basic mods for the IS and almost every other car, but there isn't any noticeable difference off the bat with any of these mods. Which is why I'm asking, which mod makes you FEEL the difference the most. An intake won't feel any different from stock besides it being louder, an exhaust would just make it louder too, headers would probably free up some top end. But none of those mods from the research I've done actually make you notice and FEEL a difference.
Old 04-04-23, 08:00 PM
cp2
Racer

Received 367 Likes on 212 Posts

I know what butt dyne means and if you already know basic mods don't do much, why ask when you know the inevitable? this is probably why you're not getting much response in your thread...and for this reason, "I'm out." but good luck to you.
Old 04-04-23, 08:02 PM
FennyMike
Pit Crew

My man, there are other mods that actually make you feel a difference like upgraded coilpacks for example. This is what I mean by good butt dyno mods. And in the case of having no response in this thread is because the 3IS performance thread is damn near dead, people are only active on 2is.
Old 04-05-23, 09:51 AM
TreysGS460
Intermediate

Received 148 Likes on 110 Posts

For any car, lighter wheels, sticky tires, more aggressive gearing. The 3IS lacks the aggressive gearing from the 2IS, so swap that and add an aftermarket LSD.

Old 04-05-23, 09:59 AM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Headers will give you a different in power feel. Had PPE on my previous IS350 and low to mid range is where you feel the get up and go over stock.
Old 04-06-23, 12:01 AM
TJ7490
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by FennyMike
I'm assuming you're not much of a "car person" either if you don't even know what butt dyno means. Yes we all know about these mods, the most basic mods for the IS and almost every other car, but there isn't any noticeable difference off the bat with any of these mods. Which is why I'm asking, which mod makes you FEEL the difference the most. An intake won't feel any different from stock besides it being louder, an exhaust would just make it louder too, headers would probably free up some top end. But none of those mods from the research I've done actually make you notice and FEEL a difference.
A true "car person" would not have started a performance thread inquiring about best mods without first providing details on what exactly they are driving... You should know that the mod path varies and is extremely dependent on what particular model you own. Please provide the EXACT model, including drivetrain, that you are inquiring about if you don't want the typical "I/H/E and tune" response.

Side note: I honestly believe the main reason there's not too much activity here is because Lexus is known to be dubbed a "luxury brand" and not a true sports car. I'm a prior multi Evo owner and tuner. The difference in activity on the forums alone between these 2 platforms is staggering. Most IS owners buy this car with little plans to do much aside from aesthetics. The fact that there are only a handful of Supercharged IS's out there speaks for itself.
Old 04-08-23, 10:37 PM
Tungstn-IS
Intermediate

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by TJ7490
Side note: I honestly believe the main reason there's not too much activity here is because Lexus is known to be dubbed a "luxury brand" and not a true sports car. I'm a prior multi Evo owner and tuner. The difference in activity on the forums alone between these 2 platforms is staggering. Most IS owners buy this car with little plans to do much aside from aesthetics. The fact that there are only a handful of Supercharged IS's out there speaks for itself.
You pretty much summed it up, aside from the specifics of a luxury car reasoning. I do agree most people don't buy a Lexus to modify it, but these aren't terribly mod friendly either. Aside from dumping a couple thousand into I/H/E just to get a mild increase, the only other option is high dollar forced induction. But there are plenty of other "luxury" vehicles that are more mod friendly as far as power that people readily modify. Admittedly most are turbocharged so gains are much easier.

Myself case in point, I purchased my current 350 F Sport (3rd IS I've owned) because they're comfortable, nice, I love the way it looks, fun to drive and has enough power for most of my "semi daily" needs. On the other hand, I also have an Infiniti Q60S that puts down 423whp and 486ft-lbs of torque for not a bunch more in mods than my bolt on modded IS350. It's a hoot to drive, but the infotainment is quirky, all the controls seem ergomically incorrect, rides like crap and just feels overall a bit inferior quality and refinement wise than the IS. But I'd kill to have that kind of drive train in the IS for that price. I would suspect a lot more people would be buying them to hop up if gains were as easy or plentiful as some other platforms.

Last edited by Tungstn-IS; 04-08-23 at 10:41 PM.
Old 04-09-23, 11:52 AM
TreysGS460
Intermediate

3IS owners are hilarious, what a truly garbage community. Who asked about your opinions on the platform??

Dude just wanted some mods lmaoooo

The following users liked this post:
jgscott (04-09-23)
Old 04-09-23, 03:06 PM
AmbyBomb
Instructor

Received 912 Likes on 421 Posts

And then complained when people told him about mods because they're not the mods he's decided he wants but won't say he wants.
Old 04-09-23, 09:03 PM
TJ7490
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by TreysGS460
3IS owners are hilarious, what a truly garbage community. Who asked about your opinions on the platform??

Dude just wanted some mods lmaoooo
Did you NOT read the VERY FIRST post in the thread?

(Direct quote: "What are the best mods that actually make you feel a noticeable difference while driving?")
The OP literally just asked for our opinions by starting this thread. .

If it's such a garbage community, then why are you even here? You're presence seems pretty asinine lol.
Old 04-10-23, 09:33 AM
TreysGS460
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TJ7490
Did you NOT read the VERY FIRST post in the thread?

(Direct quote: "What are the best mods that actually make you feel a noticeable difference while driving?")
The OP literally just asked for our opinions by starting this thread. .

If it's such a garbage community, then why are you even here? You're presence seems pretty asinine lol.
LMAOO you're pretending to read now huh? Try again buddy, because he never asked your opinion on the platform, just for mods.

Then you preceded to tell him about an Evo, which he definitely didn't ask for lmaoo

You should answer his question before the mods come save you.

Last edited by TreysGS460; 04-10-23 at 10:12 AM.
Old 04-10-23, 02:49 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,361 Posts

You should answer his question before the mods come save you.
Here and closed

3IS owners are hilarious, what a truly garbage community.
PM me if you'd like for me to remove access. Or if this sort of rude commentary continues, to ask for access back...
The following 4 users liked this post by DaveGS4:
arentz07 (04-27-23), iamroddy (04-10-23), TreysGS460 (04-10-23), useddonut (04-21-23)