Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

How can I make my 2023 IS350 f sport sound better?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-23, 05:21 PM
zswisher
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How can I make my 2023 IS350 f sport sound better?

Right now it's just too quiet. I want something that is relatively quiet while idle and at slow speeds (however still louder than what it is now) but most importantly loud when I want it to be. Whats the best option for something like this? I was thinking of a muffler delete and the f sport intake. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Old 07-18-23, 10:15 AM
AkioToyoda4Ever
Driver

Received 87 Likes on 42 Posts

Many threads to consult on this question friend but for what it's worth, I recently installed the F Sport axle-back and it fits your desired sound description. Very mature and quiet overall and a hint of base and growl only when needed.

It is expensive though and will disappoint you if you are looking for loudness and attention.
The following users liked this post:
zswisher (07-18-23)
Old 07-18-23, 02:31 PM
zswisher
3rd Gear

Honestly I couldnt find a thread that was about something that is mature and only loud when you want it to be. But this sounds like exactly what im looking for.
Is this it? PTR0830090 - F-sport performance exhaust - Genuine Lexus Accessory

If so, it says it doesnt fit my 2023 unfortunately
Old 07-18-23, 03:07 PM
AkioToyoda4Ever
Driver

Originally Posted by zswisher
Honestly I couldnt find a thread that was about something that is mature and only loud when you want it to be. But this sounds like exactly what im looking for.
Is this it? PTR0830090 - F-sport performance exhaust - Genuine Lexus Accessory

If so, it says it doesnt fit my 2023 unfortunately
This is the part number I installed on my 23 and it is a perfect fit.The one you quoted is the wrong part number.

Last edited by AkioToyoda4Ever; 07-18-23 at 03:23 PM.
DrivingFun2018 (02-07-24)
Old 07-21-23, 02:17 PM
Pittsy
Racer

Received 812 Likes on 410 Posts

The fsport axelback sounds great. It's the only exhaust setup for the V6 that isn't annoying. I had headers and a full exhaust on my SC'd RC350 and was never a fan of how it sounded.
Old 11-07-23, 12:21 AM
Jkole
3rd Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

What did you end up doing?
I almost went with the f sport axle back but read it wasn't much louder then stock and price point seemed ridiculous. I went with q300 axle back and Takeda stage 2 Intake....It's decently quiet during normal cruise, but sounds real good 3500 rpm+. I had the q300 on without the Intake for 1000ish miles, but still too quiet. That's why I ended up buying the takeda.

Old 11-07-23, 05:07 AM
subtl
Pit Crew

Received 122 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Pittsy
The fsport axelback sounds great. It's the only exhaust setup for the V6 that isn't annoying. I had headers and a full exhaust on my SC'd RC350 and was never a fan of how it sounded.
Honestly coming from 3 IS350s, two of them were FBO, they sounded like trumpets/VQs lol. Personally I like the way the F Sport Axle back sounds under load. Its enough to change the tone without bring too overbearing,
AkioToyoda4Ever (11-07-23)
Old 11-07-23, 09:39 AM
AkioToyoda4Ever
Driver

I heard a million muffler set-ups online before settling on Lexus' F-Sport axle-back. I wouldn't even have changed the stock set-up if it didn't look so plain and ugly.

Loud pipes on relatively slow, automatic transmission vehicles are somewhat pedantic and pointless to me.

All modern straight-piped cars sound like a bunch of trumpets anyway. It is just a nasty, childish noise produced by an otherwise refined car.
Old 11-07-23, 01:09 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

I just installed the F-sport exhaust on my 23" IS350 f-sport and I really love the sound, it give nice sound not too loud, which is good for me, this is V6 engine car and i
am not try to be a V8 or sport car sound like, I have no regret getting the F-sport exhaust .
Old 01-02-24, 01:33 AM
inalexusagain
10th Gear

Originally Posted by ohiois350
I just installed the F-sport exhaust on my 23" IS350 f-sport and I really love the sound, it give nice sound not too loud, which is good for me, this is V6 engine car and i
am not try to be a V8 or sport car sound like, I have no regret getting the F-sport exhaust .
wait doesn’t the f-sport come with f-sport exhaust? Is there a difference b/w f sport exhaust and f-sport performance exhaust?
Old 01-02-24, 08:24 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by inalexusagain
wait doesn’t the f-sport come with f-sport exhaust? Is there a difference b/w f sport exhaust and f-sport performance exhaust?
no the F-sport exhaust is not come with the F-sport trim, it is $1900 option, but I got my F-sport exhaust for $1050 new and I spend about 45 mins to install it myself
Old 01-02-24, 09:25 PM
inalexusagain
10th Gear

Unhappy

no the F-sport exhaust is not come with the F-sport trim, it is $1900 option, but I got my F-sport exhaust for $1050 new and I spend about 45 mins to install it myself
Uggh all this time I thought I had F-sport exhaust because on the original vspec sheet the dealer sent me it said F-sport exhaust but I see now on the window sticker it just says dual exhaust.
And I never paid for it. I spend months researching other cars but didn't research too deep into the IS because it was not on my radar until very late into car search. Where did you get your
exhaust? Do dealers negotiate the price on it? Would love to install one on my IS but I don't have a ramp and I'm handy but I have never worked on my own car before. Thanks!
Old 01-02-24, 11:45 PM
subtl
Pit Crew

Received 122 Likes on 59 Posts

Uggh all this time I thought I had F-sport exhaust because on the original vspec sheet the dealer sent me it said F-sport exhaust but I see now on the window sticker it just says dual exhaust.
And I never paid for it. I spend months researching other cars but didn't research too deep into the IS because it was not on my radar until very late into car search. Where did you get your
exhaust? Do dealers negotiate the price on it? Would love to install one on my IS but I don't have a ramp and I'm handy but I have never worked on my own car before. Thanks!
I know some dealers have them at different price points .I have never heard of dealers haggling price but maybe willing to price match other dealers. I'd call around the dealers near you tbh. Or if you know someone who works at a dealer have them purchase it under their name since they have an employee discount.
Old 01-03-24, 08:33 AM
ohiois350
Pole Position

I bought mine at belllexusparts.com for $1050 shipped and no sale tax too, you don't need the ramps for this install, but you will need jack stands for the job, and it only took me 45 mins to do
Old 01-03-24, 12:51 PM
inalexusagain
10th Gear

I bought mine at belllexusparts.com for $1050 shipped and no sale tax too, you don't need the ramps for this install, but you will need jack stands for the job, and it only took me 45 mins to do
Thanks man! One dealer quoted me over $1800 for it.

Last edited by inalexusagain; 01-16-24 at 01:53 PM.

Quick Reply: How can I make my 2023 IS350 f sport sound better?