Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

PPE Headers fitment issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-23, 10:02 PM
Idkyet2is
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by GrizzlyMan
There is a known bad batch of PPe headers been sold by RR and PPE circulating for the longest time. The thing is they are aware, but they keep stabbing buyers dumping the trash defective headers.

​​​​When I got my set, the excuse was they had this new welder who messed up the O2 bung location, placed about half an inch off. It says a lot about both companies, one for still producing and/or selling them and the other one (RR) for not holding them accountable and be we will stop selling them until you guys fix this, a known issue that has been going on for yrs.

Some people do pay to have them installed, and if they have the wrong batch, is a labor payment neither company will pay the buyer even if they get a refund for them.

But you know, I do not want to take over and get this thread off track. What also makes it worst I have been harassed they will stop any form of business with me for bringing those problems to club Lexus.
Well gaht dayum. I got my headers from JM auto racing, but looks like I got the bad one still. I had no idea this was a thing, this sucks to hear because they helped me out quick, and the quality of their headers are very nice.
Old 11-16-23, 04:33 AM
JNP1227
Advanced

Received 170 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by GrizzlyMan
There is a known bad batch of PPe headers been sold by RR and PPE circulating for the longest time. The thing is they are aware, but they keep stabbing buyers dumping the trash defective headers.

​​​​When I got my set, the excuse was they had this new welder who messed up the O2 bung location, placed about half an inch off. It says a lot about both companies, one for still producing and/or selling them and the other one (RR) for not holding them accountable and be we will stop selling them until you guys fix this, a known issue that has been going on for yrs.

Some people do pay to have them installed, and if they have the wrong batch, is a labor payment neither company will pay the buyer even if they get a refund for them.

But you know, I do not want to take over and get this thread off track. What also makes it worst I have been harassed they will stop any form of business with me for bringing those problems to club Lexus.
Originally Posted by Idkyet2is
Well gaht dayum. I got my headers from JM auto racing, but looks like I got the bad one still. I had no idea this was a thing, this sucks to hear because they helped me out quick, and the quality of their headers are very nice.
+1 on this. It seems people who bought during Covid got headers that were slightly off.

I got a batch where I can't replace the O2 sensor on one side due to being so close to the transmission pan. Either header needs to come out or O2 bung needs to be positioned somewhere else.

PPE offered to pay to relocate the O2 bung when this issue does come up.
Old 11-17-23, 10:47 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,376 Likes on 1,090 Posts

I saw a thread that you also installed a new motor also correct? Did you get all the issues worked out yet? Header problems corrected and installed yet?

I have a 2nd set of Headers that are PPE ones. I got them used of of a 2GR they were on. Reason why is I already knew they fit.
Old 11-17-23, 11:01 AM
Idkyet2is
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by jgscott
I saw a thread that you also installed a new motor also correct? Did you get all the issues worked out yet? Header problems corrected and installed yet?

I have a 2nd set of Headers that are PPE ones. I got them used of of a 2GR they were on. Reason why is I already knew they fit.
Yeah my new engine has been perfect, once I fixed the burned 02 sensors and part of the wiring harness, everything has been perfect.
I got the new passenger side header that PPE sent me and the O2 sensor fits perfectly now. Only issue I currently have is a nasty exhaust leak that forces me to keep my windows up lol
The following users liked this post:
Yodog (12-04-23)
Old 12-04-23, 12:35 AM
Yodog
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Yeah my new engine has been perfect, once I fixed the burned 02 sensors and part of the wiring harness, everything has been perfect.
I got the new passenger side header that PPE sent me and the O2 sensor fits perfectly now. Only issue I currently have is a nasty exhaust leak that forces me to keep my windows up lol
i wonder where the leak is. If you find out let me know as I have like double the number of exhaust gaskets that I’d be happy to send to you (if it is a gasket leak).

what motor did you replace it with? Did it cost a lot of money for the labor to replace the motor?
Old 12-04-23, 04:52 AM
Idkyet2is
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Yodog
i wonder where the leak is. If you find out let me know as I have like double the number of exhaust gaskets that I’d be happy to send to you (if it is a gasket leak).

what motor did you replace it with? Did it cost a lot of money for the labor to replace the motor?
The leak is at the midpipe. engine was 1900 total. I did the labor myself, just bought cherry picker, coolant, oil, and some new tools. Was around probably 2500 total.
The following users liked this post:
GrizzlyMan (12-27-23)