Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

PPE Headers fitment issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-23, 12:10 PM
Idkyet2is
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
Default PPE Headers fitment issues

I was trying to install my headers last night but bank 1, passenger side header doesn't fit, it seems like it's way too wide to fit in and clear the exhaust studs, also bank 2 header seems to have barely fit. Is this normal or could I have received the wrong type/defective headers?
Old 09-25-23, 11:08 AM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,529 Likes on 1,272 Posts

Is the flange one peice? It seems you'll be sending those back. Be sure to not any other issues. I know some found the o2 sensor pointed at something that made them not fit.
check all you can.
Old 09-25-23, 05:06 PM
PPEHeaders
Sponsor

Received 49 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Idkyet2is
I was trying to install my headers last night but bank 1, passenger side header doesn't fit, it seems like it's way too wide to fit in and clear the exhaust studs, also bank 2 header seems to have barely fit. Is this normal or could I have received the wrong type/defective headers?
removing the studs will allow you to get it in easier.
The following 2 users liked this post by PPEHeaders:
jgscott (09-28-23), Yodog (12-04-23)
Old 09-25-23, 08:57 PM
Idkyet2is
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by PPEHeaders
removing the studs will allow you to get it in easier.
I've never heard of anyone needing to remove the exhaust studs to install headers on a Lexus. But I'll look into buying the tool to remove the studs and see how it fits.
Old 09-25-23, 08:57 PM
Idkyet2is
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by 2013FSport
Is the flange one peice? It seems you'll be sending those back. Be sure to not any other issues. I know some found the o2 sensor pointed at something that made them not fit.
check all you can.
I'll try installing them again sometime this week.
Old 09-28-23, 09:33 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,376 Likes on 1,090 Posts

I have 2 different sets of headers for my 2GR 3.5 V6, 13 GS350. One New set Maximizers, One set PPE. Neither had the stud bolts installed already. When I installed, I did not put the studs in until I had them fitted. It's just too tight in there.

Do you have the written PPE install instructions? Are you following those instructions? The Factory Headers manifold don't come with studs installed either. You must have installed them before you attempted to bolt the Headers in.

Also to be sure, you are installing RWD Headers on a RWD car, or AWD Headers on a AWD car, correct?

Old 09-28-23, 11:21 PM
Idkyet2is
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by jgscott
I have 2 different sets of headers for my 2GR 3.5 V6, 13 GS350. One New set Maximizers, One set PPE. Neither had the stud bolts installed already. When I installed, I did not put the studs in until I had them fitted. It's just too tight in there.

Do you have the written PPE install instructions? Are you following those instructions? The Factory Headers manifold don't come with studs installed either. You must have installed them before you attempted to bolt the Headers in.

Also to be sure, you are installing RWD Headers on a RWD car, or AWD Headers on a AWD car, correct?

Yeah I have the PPE instructions I bought them from JMautoracing. the studs were already on the engine block, I'm not sure what studs you're talking about but I'm referring to the M12 × 1.25 exhaust studs. And yes i ordered RWD 2GR-FSE Headers for my RWD 2007 is350.
Old 09-28-23, 11:26 PM
Idkyet2is
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by jgscott

Yeah I have the PPE instructions I bought them from JMautoracing. the studs were already on the engine block, I'm not sure what studs you're talking about but I'm referring to the M12 × 1.25 exhaust studs. And yes i ordered RWD 2GR-FSE Headers for my RWD 2007 is350.
Old 10-01-23, 01:20 PM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,529 Likes on 1,272 Posts

2013 2IS 350 has studs... Maybe the GS install doesn't?
Old 10-15-23, 01:04 PM
Idkyet2is
Pit Crew

Finally got around to it. Removed 2 exhaust studs and was barely able to fit it in. And now the O2 sensor is hitting the lil transmission oil cooler. I'm at this point assuming I got a bad batch of headers because most people have no major fitment issues installing them like I'm having

got aro
Old 10-16-23, 09:11 AM
PPEHeaders
Sponsor

Received 49 Likes on 29 Posts

Hey,
Send us an email to sales@ppeengineering.com

Originally Posted by Idkyet2is
Finally got around to it. Removed 2 exhaust studs and was barely able to fit it in. And now the O2 sensor is hitting the lil transmission oil cooler. I'm at this point assuming I got a bad batch of headers because most people have no major fitment issues installing them like I'm having

got aro
Old 11-13-23, 06:38 PM
GrizzlyMan
Intermediate

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...y-control.html

Here you go, I took mine to a auto shop, the mechanic cut the O2 bing and just flipped it, and that was enough to make it fit.

Reach out to PPe and RR (if you bought it through them) and ask for a partial refund, open a claim through your CC.

I cannot believe they still selling those defective headers, I sure hate them selling stuff at 1k + and having QC issues, unreal!
The following users liked this post:
Yodog (12-04-23)
Old 11-13-23, 06:45 PM
Idkyet2is
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by GrizzlyMan
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...y-control.html

Here you go, I took mine to a auto shop, the mechanic cut the O2 bing and just flipped it, and that was enough to make it fit.

Reach out to PPe and RR (if you bought it through them) and ask for a partial refund, open a claim through your CC.

I cannot believe they still selling those defective headers, I sure hate them selling stuff at 1k + and having QC issues, unreal!
Yeah it's unreal, chip diamond. They sent me new headers and I'll be installing them in one of the next upcoming days. They were very quick and efficient with the customer service, very helpful. I didn't get a partial refund tho. If the new set doesn't fit well either then I probably will as this is lots of labor.
Thanks for the help tho grizzlyman
Yodog (12-04-23)
Old 11-14-23, 02:14 PM
Gville350

Received 435 Likes on 387 Posts

All I can say is that my 2IS/GS350 PPE RWD headers fit my RWD 2IS like a dream. Had to remove the steering linkage and the mentioned header stud for ease of fitment. But other than that, pretty cake install and top-notch set of pipes! Perhaps the wrong set of headers were sent, because my O2s were easily accessible when installed; enough room to add the much needed "O2 sim" as well.
Old 11-14-23, 08:51 PM
GrizzlyMan
Intermediate

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

There is a known bad batch of PPe headers been sold by RR and PPE circulating for the longest time. The thing is they are aware, but they keep stabbing buyers dumping the trash defective headers.

​​​​When I got my set, the excuse was they had this new welder who messed up the O2 bung location, placed about half an inch off. It says a lot about both companies, one for still producing and/or selling them and the other one (RR) for not holding them accountable and be we will stop selling them until you guys fix this, a known issue that has been going on for yrs.

Some people do pay to have them installed, and if they have the wrong batch, is a labor payment neither company will pay the buyer even if they get a refund for them.

But you know, I do not want to take over and get this thread off track. What also makes it worst I have been harassed they will stop any form of business with me for bringing those problems to club Lexus.

Last edited by GrizzlyMan; 11-14-23 at 08:58 PM.
Yodog (12-04-23)

Quick Reply: PPE Headers fitment issues