Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Better proof than Dyno on Torquemasters

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-04, 10:23 PM
SeattleGS400
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
you think we are taking anything less than those measures to get our results? man, we got like a team of hard core engineers here in norcal.

and about the misfiring, i would like to hear more too and most imprtantly, if that's the case, how many people? as far as i know everyone here in norcal with them have zero problems so far
Pretty defensive eh I'm sure you guys probably are quite adept at what you're doing, but I'd be interested to see the dyno pages when you get them. I, like you, would like some proof on paper before I come to any conclusions.

From all that I've seen of the dynos, it's just been comparison of used Denso Iridiums vs. new Torquemasters, why no new Densos for a good comparison baseline to the Torquemasters?

I'll get back to you on the misfires--I don't keep a tally, just from what I've read over time from other TM users here on CL.

Also, from what you NorCal gusy have seen how durable are the TMs? Has anyone run them over 80k miles, or would your recommend changing them sooner (say every 24k miles vs. the 90-120k for the Densos)? I'm not saying 1 is better or the other, but I'd like to see more proof before I believe 1 way or another.

Last edited by SeattleGS400; 05-05-04 at 10:49 PM.
Old 05-05-04, 10:49 PM
SeattleGS400
Advanced

Originally posted by redgs4
You think you are asking for a lot? I don't. Actually, if it were only this easy. When we were doing sequential runs without any changes to the cars the dyno numbers often varied by more HP/TQ than any given mod claimed to provide. I think we got a lot of good and interesting data but it will take a few more dyno days before we can understand all the environmental and automotive factors that need to be considered for consistent testing.
Thanks for the update, be interested to see what you guys find out in the coming summer months--keep us posted
Old 05-05-04, 11:16 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by SeattleGS400
Also, from what you NorCal gusy have seen how durable are the TMs? Has anyone run them over 80k miles, or would your recommend changing them sooner (say every 24k miles vs. the 90-120k for the Densos)?
Not sure if this is ever going to happen. I ran my OEMs until 55k and swapped them out for the TMs. I have about 75k now so I don't even have 80k in the car's lifetime yet much less on the TMs. I have a feeling the other guys are in the same boat.

I probably will swap them out before the plugs have 80k on them.
Old 05-05-04, 11:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SeattleGS400
Pretty defensive eh I'm sure you guys probably are quite adept at what you're doing, but I'd be interested to see the dyno pages when you get them. I, like you, would like some proof on paper before I come to any conclusions.

From all that I've seen of the dynos, it's just been comparison of used Denso Iridiums vs. new Torquemasters, why no new Densos for a good comparison baseline to the Torquemasters?

I'll get back to you on the misfires--I don't keep a tally, just from what I've read over time from other TM users here on CL.

Also, from what you NorCal gusy have seen how durable are the TMs? Has anyone run them over 80k miles, or would your recommend changing them sooner (say every 24k miles vs. the 90-120k for the Densos)? I'm not saying 1 is better or the other, but I'd like to see more proof before I believe 1 way or another.
[/QUOTE

nonono, dn't get me wrong, i take no positions on the tm plugs, although i haev them on my car. i am just as curious as anyone here to see whether these stuff is good too. but like you said we all want to be scientific and get something that's meaningful. trust me all of us here are working on it
Old 05-06-04, 12:13 AM
SeattleGS400
Advanced

Originally posted by rominl
nonono, dn't get me wrong, i take no positions on the tm plugs, although i haev them on my car. i am just as curious as anyone here to see whether these stuff is good too. but like you said we all want to be scientific and get something that's meaningful. trust me all of us here are working on it
Cool--glad we're on the same page. I, too, am very interested in what these TorqueMaster spark plugs amount to--whether it's just all smoke and noise or if there is some real, reproducible benefit from using them over the OEM Denso Iridiums.

Pass on the complete info when you Norcal guys get some definitive answers in the coming months from your guys' work. . .

Last edited by SeattleGS400; 05-06-04 at 12:13 AM.
Old 05-10-04, 09:30 AM
ballin
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TM

Hi,
Sorry for interrupting(jacking) the thread, and all the heated debate about proof of Dynoes. I just ordered a set of TM from Carson Toyota, and hopefully install them later this weekend.

I have a question related to crisp response, better idle, and more sparks in the chambers. Have anyone used the HKS Twin Ignition Pak on a GS3/4 before? I was reading a Tuner magazine that had an article with the HKS Twin Pack on a Supra, and SC300. I was wandering why havent I seen it in a GS?
Old 05-10-04, 02:05 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: TM

Originally posted by ballin
Hi,
Sorry for interrupting(jacking) the thread, and all the heated debate about proof of Dynoes. I just ordered a set of TM from Carson Toyota, and hopefully install them later this weekend.

I have a question related to crisp response, better idle, and more sparks in the chambers. Have anyone used the HKS Twin Ignition Pak on a GS3/4 before? I was reading a Tuner magazine that had an article with the HKS Twin Pack on a Supra, and SC300. I was wandering why havent I seen it in a GS?
Make it a 6-8 pack for the GS, each plug has it's own coil.
Old 05-12-04, 06:16 AM
ballin
Pole Position

Does having the HKS Ignition pak help at all or interfere with our ecu?
Old 05-13-04, 09:02 PM
IS_Dude
Driver

Default Re: Re: TM

Originally posted by redgs4
Make it a 6-8 pack for the GS, each plug has it's own coil.
not on the 2jz-ge in the gs300. it's the same as the IS, 3 coil packs.

IMO there's no problem w/ ignition unless you go f/i so there's no gain. the ignition functions more than adequetly for the stock car w/ simple bolt-ons. There's lower hanging fruit then this device.

Last edited by IS_Dude; 05-13-04 at 09:04 PM.