Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SRT 2nd Generation Twin Turbo GS400

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-03, 05:22 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

D

too late , i went down to ft lauderdale airport last night and 5 fingered discounted a jet engine off of a 757 i was scoping out .. read about the theft in this mornings paper.. its already been mounted stealth mode in the trunk area , kinda like that car in men in black , hahaha , my car is black too..

lexciting , i am ready for you but even with the jet engine hidden in my trunk you gotta give me a 1/2 mile start in a 1 mile race , bro , comeon now we gotta be fair about this..

on a serious note , congrats on the install , i hope when i get the next huge and bigger event oragnized down here in florida which will be at a race track and a weekend long event , you could find a way to get the monster down here and race against my good friend (who gave me whiplash last weekend) freelance with his powerhouse machine .. i think members would pay money to see that friendly race on the track..

you have def raised the bar for myself , rmm supercharger is as far as i go with my baby which is coming shortly

congrats on the upgrade again
Old 12-17-03, 05:43 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by lexforlife
D

too late , i went down to ft lauderdale airport last night and 5 fingered discounted a jet engine off of a 757 i was scoping out .. read about the theft in this mornings paper.. its already been mounted stealth mode in the trunk area , kinda like that car in men in black , hahaha , my car is black too..
See I knew it, somebody just HAD to go and do it!! What kind of gas mileage do you get with the jet pack?
.00001mpg? LOL
Old 12-17-03, 06:35 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i do wondor what would happen with lexciting and freelances's car...he's running something like 450 or at the wheels in an is300....his car is much lighter i wondor if that would even out in a race.....ya u and ttpimp need 2 comedown 2 florida 4 out next meet.. we'll plan it far inadvance so everyone can make travel plans....more fun in the sun
Old 12-17-03, 08:03 AM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

Actually, I am a little under the bar. It was raised, by the guy (who I won't name but lives in MD also so there are actually 2 TTs in MD) whose GS4 was the prototype for the new TT design, actually has BIGGER ball-bearing turbos, plus a little "something something" in a bottle! He is laid back, and likes to stay in the background, but his car is REALLY a beast! He was at the SRT cookout, and hopefully, he'll post his pics, his kills (some good ones), and a review of his setup (hint hint).

Gas mileage is a non-factor now! lol I think I am getting a little over 16 mpg considering my sprints, but if I am in "chill mode", I get maybe 18-19 mpg. The car drives stock as long as you don't mesh the gas pedal.

I will actually be in FL a lot next year, for business/pleasure, and am definitely going to some meets/events down there. Freelance's car is a beast (no bones about it), and the weight/power ratio would be a big factor (his advantage). I am expecting 500rwhp, but that probably wouldn't be enough for me, but it would be fun anyway! If it were from a stop it would probably go like: Free gets the jump, gets in boost, then starts pulling away; Me getting into boost, shift into 3rd/4th gear (power gear for me), and catching up a bit (Free stil ahead), and then...Who knows. Will my two extra cylinders (V8) start me walking him down (V6), or will we lock at our respective position to each other, or will he just keep on going..

Last edited by LexCiting; 12-17-03 at 08:04 AM.
Old 12-17-03, 08:14 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

i don't know....i wasn't trying 2 say he is fater , just wondoring if his lesser weight would b a great fatcor..i don't really care who wins just seeing u and him race down a track would b enough 4 me ...ya we will b planning another event hopefully b4 rain season starts ..that way we have a clean dry track and day...should b fun i can't wait 2 c u'r car in person.....or b taken 4 a drive .....
Old 12-17-03, 08:47 AM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

bluelex - I am with you, it would be nice "just to see" what would happen against a high HP IS at a track where it is safer. Freelance is a cool dude, and I have chatted numerous times with him about his setup (nice!). I am not the type with the "my car is faster than you" attitude, just like to talk trash, and have fun since none of us are getting paid.

A while ago, before the upgrade, I did a quick sprint from a stop with Charles' car (ISMAN), and let me tell you, that thing was a beast! He was staying with me from the jump, AND he was going sideways; and that was before he finally got traction! Talk about POWER! lol

Hopefully, I'll get a run on the dyno this Sat at SRT.
Old 12-17-03, 08:56 AM
Static911

Looking god LexCiting. Keep us informed.

Last edited by Static911; 12-17-03 at 08:56 AM.
Old 12-17-03, 09:01 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by LexCiting
bluelex - I am with you, it would be nice "just to see" what would happen against a high HP IS at a track where it is safer.

I am not the type with the "my car is faster than you" attitude, just like to talk trash, and have fun since none of us are getting paid.

He was staying with me from the jump, AND he was going sideways; and that was before he finally got traction! .
Great attitude, you are right man, I HATE people that have a "I'm better than you attitude" in anything in life, its easier to just show love and appreciation for the next persons ride, etc

That would be a kewl run from what I've heard about FREELANCE's car (people getting out of the car being nauseous!!)

The ISMAN must have a beast, keeping up with a stock 400 while spinning!!

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 12-17-03 at 09:02 AM.
Old 12-17-03, 09:03 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

great ,can't wait 4 the numbers....so hopefully we'll c u down in florida some time ...
Old 12-17-03, 10:33 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

lexciting and Dgot 20

let me tell you guys first hand about randys (freelances) power.. i drove in it with him last week sunday night after our meet/show . he took me , widels and foxyischik (yes guys mishka the saleslady from lexus of pembroke pines) out for a 2 mile run. beast is a understatement. 1-4 gears snaps your head back over the headrests ,pushing your body in the seat sensation compared to the thrust you feel when you are on a jet going from a rolling start on the runway and the pilot gives it full thrust with a full load of passengers.. randy also ran with alwilliams , pmatrix and a 3 guy against a crotch rocket . he gave the bike a head start and with my own eyes by the time he hit the 2 light reeled the bike in , that was impressive to be done in front of our guests at the show..

their is another guy down here called turboman(1st gen 2jz-gte huge turbo ) that ran and raped over and over again a Z06 vette , he raped him so bad the guy followed him to our show parked walked over gave him a handshake and looked under the hood.that was exciting to watch

randys car is awesome.. but lexciting however running twin turbos in a v8 engine should take off the line quicker despite the extra weight (speaking from my own gs 400 killing lots of crap off the line with no boost as yet )and the rest would have to be seen

we have some very done lex machines down here and all i can say is for the next event being planned between myself, alwiiliams,adrian,pmtrix,reggiek and gabriel i on their behalf is extending a invittaion to lexciting, Tturbopimp and maruiz to bring these beautiful representations of gs v8 works of art down and lets put the pedal to the medal (hopefully by the time the event comes , todd would have done his magic with my supercharger and nos set up)

Last edited by lexforlife; 12-17-03 at 10:39 AM.
Old 12-17-03, 11:35 AM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

Hey man! Thanks for the invite. I definitely will be down there! Love those FL roads, straight even roads for MILES!
Old 12-17-03, 11:45 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Hey man! Thanks for the invite. I definitely will be down there! Love those FL roads, straight even roads for MILES!
i keep telling my friends from n.j. and n.y. that roads down here 2 almost perfect...its just heaven driving on these roads no pot holes or ditches...sorry i'm off subject...back 2 u'r beast.....how far is maryland from florida...mayb if u guys have a bif meet i'll come up....
Old 12-17-03, 11:58 AM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

Oh, it is a 16 hour drive from MD. I'll probably trailer my car with my truck, and have a road trip. You are right about those roads in FL. Driving to Miami Beach from Ft Laud. last year, I could only imagine WOT my bike, or car on those roads. Wasn't a lot of traffic, and plenty of time to see cops sitting on the side of the road because the roads where so flat, you could see for a mile or two. You guys are lucky!!!
Old 12-17-03, 12:08 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually, I am a little under the bar. It was raised, by the guy (who I won't name but lives in MD also so there are actually 2 TTs in MD) whose GS4 was the prototype for the new TT design, actually has BIGGER ball-bearing turbos, plus a little "something something" in a bottle! He is laid back, and likes to stay in the background, but his car is REALLY a beast! He was at the SRT cookout, and hopefully, he'll post his pics, his kills (some good ones), and a review of his setup (hint hint).

you wouldnt happen to be talking about Mr. Gordon, would you? he actually posted specs and pics of his car a little while back. for those who havent seen, click here . of course i could be wrong, but that would mean that there are 3 TT GS' prowling the streets of MD

Doc
Old 12-17-03, 01:40 PM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

That's him! Didn't know he had posted. I have some pics I need to email him that I took of his car.

Quick Reply: SRT 2nd Generation Twin Turbo GS400