Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

RMM exhaust installed today-pics!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-04, 07:07 PM
FutureGS400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up RMM exhaust installed today-pics!

Got a good deal at F-1 Motorsports here in L.A. and had them install for me (so much easier on a lift )
Beautiful quality, nice small muffler cans. Sounds fantastic-very subdued, mellow V-8 rumble. NO drone or annoying sounds at all. Cruising on the fwy. you would not really notice it at all-which is what I wanted. But at WOT in lower gears it sounds awesome! This exhaust may not be as loud or aggresive as some of you want, but for me it is just about the perfect blend of nice sound without being intrusive (it is a Lexus after all )
The only thing is I'm not sure if the tips protrude a bit too far beyond the rear valance. If I had an aftermarket one it might be better? I may see about getting them "shortened" a bit at a muffler shop-I don't know... I DO like the way the tips look though. All in all, I rate it as about a 9 out of 10.
>>Click on sig. link below to see pics<<

Last edited by FutureGS400; 01-22-04 at 07:17 PM.
Old 01-22-04, 07:12 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: RMM exhaust installed today-pics!

Originally posted by FutureGS400
The only thing is I'm not sure if the tips protrude a bit too far beyond the rear valance. If I had an aftermarket one it might be better? I may see about getting them "shortened" a bit at a muffler shop-I don't know... I DO like the way the tips look though. All in all, I rate it as about a 9 out of 10.
>>Click on sig. link to see pics<<
Pics not there.

Anyway, this is the main reason why I have not installed my RMM yet and it's just sitting in the garage. Still working on the rear bumper. Once that is done, the RMM will follow.

Congrats, though, on getting yours on.
Old 01-22-04, 07:18 PM
FutureGS400
Lexus Test Driver

Default Link should work

I just tried the link and it worked OK... Neo, what are you doing with your rear bumper?

Last edited by FutureGS400; 01-22-04 at 07:19 PM.
Old 01-22-04, 07:24 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No pics either bro.... Wants us to sign up or something..

Congrats on the new exhaust. I will be heading over to F1 in a week or so to get prices on tires...
Old 01-22-04, 07:27 PM
Neo
The One

Default Re: Link should work

I just tried the link and it worked OK... Neo, what are you doing with your rear bumper?
Aftermarket. Probably L-Sportline. Veilside Exec is a contender too but most likely the L-Sportline.
Old 01-22-04, 09:05 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Cool man, glad you like the exhaust, I am from the same mindset, that the exhaust should have a nice rumble at WOT but go on the quiet side when cruising!!
Old 01-23-04, 06:43 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Glad you like the new exhaust even though the pics aren't there lol. Seriously though, there isn't a lot of cabin noise when cruising on the highway? I am soooooooooo reluctant to add an exhaust do to the fact that I don't want it to be loud and ubnoxious. DGOT20's hates it when we talk about exhaust because I am dead set against it but am a little more interested after hearing this.
Old 01-23-04, 09:35 AM
FutureGS400
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry the pics aren't showing up, before I created the link in my sig it worked OK on another post. I'll try something else.
Anyway, yeah the exhaust is very quiet but I won't lie and say you can never hear it! When accelerating of course you can hear it somewhat, but cruising along-especially at highway speed with more wind and tire noise it is virtually unnoticeable! I think the only way to tell if an exhaust system is too loud is to ride in a car with one installed if possible. So far I like this one, but if over time I get tired of it well I still have the stock system to put back on...

EDIT: Tried a new URL in my link- should work OK now...

Last edited by FutureGS400; 01-23-04 at 09:36 AM.
Old 01-23-04, 09:57 AM
Neo
The One

Sorry the pics aren't showing up, before I created the link in my sig it worked OK on another post. I'll try something else.
EDIT: Tried a new URL in my link- should work OK now...
Nice.
Old 01-23-04, 11:27 AM
GSman
Pole Position

How much was F1 selling the exhausts?
Old 01-23-04, 05:27 PM
FutureGS400
Lexus Test Driver

Arrow

I got mine for $600 out the door. Ask for Alex and tell him I (Mike) referred you. He'll remember me...
Great store-awesome cars and stuff there!
Old 01-23-04, 06:39 PM
jcramair1
Lead Lap

I love exhaust at WOT....Other than that I like a little whine when cruising....
Old 01-23-04, 09:01 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Damn, I think I am only a select few on here who likes a loud exhaust . I have the HKS exhaust and I am loving it. Sounds BADASS. I heard the RMM exhaust too in a fellow CL members ride. I gotta say, the RMM is very very quiet compared to the HKS but still sounds nice. IMO, if your car is decked out (bodykit, rims), you need a good loud sounding exhaust with a nice intake to complete the package of the car.
Old 01-27-04, 06:45 PM
FutureGS400
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up Follow up review on exhaust

OK, having lived with it for almost a week now, I have to say that I am still very happy with it! My wife didn't even notice the slight increase in noise level-that's how quiet it is. Of course, she doesn't pay much attention to my car mods ( ) -she didn't even notice the large shiny tips! Anyway, for those who want a nice sounding exhaust but not annoyingly loud with NO drone at any speed, I give them "two thumbs up"!
Old 01-28-04, 01:10 AM
SPORTS
Driver

Default Re: Follow up review on exhaust

OK, having lived with it for almost a week now, I have to say that I am still very happy with it! My wife didn't even notice the slight increase in noise level-that's how quiet it is. Of course, she doesn't pay much attention to my car mods ( ) -she didn't even notice the large shiny tips! Anyway, for those who want a nice sounding exhaust but not annoyingly loud with NO drone at any speed, I give them "two thumbs up"!
I have an L-tuned exhaust on my gs400. Have you ever driven in a car with this exhaust? If yes, how would you compare the RMM to the L-tuned?

Thank you in advance.

Quick Reply: RMM exhaust installed today-pics!