Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Shift kit for the GS

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-04, 02:54 AM
jawnthen
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default change teh fluid

after getting the ATF fully flushed and replace my shifts are silkly smooth. I also got a chance to drive RMMGS4's car with the RMM VB and I can say that in terms of smoothness both our trannys felt the same. His was a little bit more responsive but keep in mind he also has the RMM 3.76 LSD and TC. Anyways, before spending the big bucks on the VB, I would recommend having the fluid replaced.
Old 02-12-04, 02:36 PM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: change teh fluid

Originally posted by jawnthen
after getting the ATF fully flushed and replace my shifts are silkly smooth. I also got a chance to drive RMMGS4's car with the RMM VB and I can say that in terms of smoothness both our trannys felt the same. His was a little bit more responsive but keep in mind he also has the RMM 3.76 LSD and TC. Anyways, before spending the big bucks on the VB, I would recommend having the fluid replaced.
With all due respect, flushing has nothing to do with what we are talking about here. A VB upgrade is leaps and bounds from a simple tranny flush. "Silky smooth" is NOT what we're after here. We are after more aggressive and positive shifts. Which is on the other end of the spectrum from "smooth". We have "smooth" already, THAT'S the problem. Silky smooth= less responsive and less performance.