Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Resonator just Removed !!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-08, 06:17 PM
Frankdorn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

When I was at the Lexus dealership a few days ago, I heard (felt) the IS-F roll past. All I can say is WOW. If I knew the recipe to make my 400 sound like that...! (Besides swapping my 4 liter for a 5).
Old 11-12-08, 08:20 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankdorn
When I was at the Lexus dealership a few days ago, I heard (felt) the IS-F roll past. All I can say is WOW. If I knew the recipe to make my 400 sound like that...! (Besides swapping my 4 liter for a 5).
ok an again this thread is 4 years old but besides that what does this have to do with this topic AT ALL?
Old 11-18-08, 10:09 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
this thread started 4 years ago......... :P
Originally Posted by sakataj
ok an again this thread is 4 years old but besides that what does this have to do with this topic AT ALL?
does it matter how old it is? It's the forum. Gathering related information into one thread is better than having a bunch of the same threads so members won't have to dig through a million different repetitive threads.

Anywho, bump for a soundbite with stock exhaust and resonator delete. I'm thinking about doing the Tom's braces and wondering who this will sound.
Old 11-19-08, 01:04 AM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stock exhaust with a resonator delete is not loud.

Stock exhaust with the resonator attached, but the mufflers removed, is louder, but sounds good.

Stock exhaust with just piping all the way to the exits, is the loudest, and most awesome.
Old 11-19-08, 07:48 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
does it matter how old it is? It's the forum. Gathering related information into one thread is better than having a bunch of the same threads so members won't have to dig through a million different repetitive threads.

Anywho, bump for a soundbite with stock exhaust and resonator delete. I'm thinking about doing the Tom's braces and wondering who this will sound.
no it doesnt BUT WHAT does this post help? n u tell me how this is related information? it seems to be just post whoring. the topic was a resonator removed n what it sounds like. all he says is wow i heard a new is-f, blah blah blah blah. oh if u thinking of doing the tom's which type u doing? open or closed? as some exhausts wont work with certain ones......i assume u do mean the toms 6 point?

im all for diggin up old posts IF some1 adds someone thing useful or helpful to it but isnt that just as bad to dig up a old post and add a off topic post to it? thats all i meant by that not trying to be rude or insulting. just feels like he revived this ancient post 2 make some off topic crazy post....n now im just rambling..........

Last edited by sakataj; 11-19-08 at 08:00 AM.
Old 11-19-08, 11:08 AM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

My buddy did it on his SC430; sounds nice ;even better under load.
Old 11-21-08, 12:03 AM
RoosterJoe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Caoboy
Stock exhaust with a resonator delete is not loud.

Stock exhaust with the resonator attached, but the mufflers removed, is louder, but sounds good.

Stock exhaust with just piping all the way to the exits, is the loudest, and most awesome.
Caoboy,

Any idea which one of these is best for GS V-8 performance?

Old 04-03-09, 12:31 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

anybody have a sound bite on a GS4 with stock exhaust and resonator delete?
Alright, just deleted my resonators. Doesn't sound much different, has a bit more grunt and a little more throaty. I like it, not noticeable under 2000rpm but if you hit it, you'll notice it.

Tempted to get axle backs and x-pipes now...
Old 04-03-09, 01:51 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Alright, just deleted my resonators. Doesn't sound much different, has a bit more grunt and a little more throaty. I like it, not noticeable under 2000rpm but if you hit it, you'll notice it.

Are you sure it's not that much of a difference? I just like it a lil bit louder than stock.
Old 04-03-09, 02:00 PM
kamlung
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by sam430
Are you sure it's not that much of a difference? I just like it a lil bit louder than stock.
:werd: i have an exhaust on my TL and i can't stand loud mufflers anymore... i wouldn't mind just a slight grumble under WOT but am tired of drone... if the delete can help it just a bit, ill be down too... but ill stick to oem mufflers... wat about over 2000 rpm??? like cruising at 65mph???
Old 04-03-09, 02:32 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's my recipe

I've driven the at ISF at WOT, both hard acceleration off the line and at high speed 100+ mph (on a race track ).

I'd say the ISF sound (under load) is very similar to my GS set up which has S&S headers, RMM mufflers, resonator delete and x-pipe added. Sound at idle is deep but relatively quiet, at WOT it has a very deep gutsy roar. There's no doubt it's a V8. There's no drone and actually it's fairly low level at freeway speeds, a tad louder at low speeds. I'd like to call it a more refined and much less obnoxious Mustang GT sound.

I chose this set up based on the past 8 years of seeing and hearing many GS's with various exhaust mods. We've had 2 meets where we recorded and posted sound clips of many of these set-ups (about 15 of them), but unfortunately the old links have died. I have the master somewhere.

Strange as it seems, I'm contemplating to sell my complete exhaust set up. The only reason why I'm even thinking about this is in the name of seeking additional performance.

I'm still on the edge to sell it since the sound is ideal to me, but if anyone is interested in picking up my exhaust, pm me and that should help me decide.

This is a complete bolt on Cat BACK set-up, but probably local sale ONLY since it's too big and heavy to justify shipping costs.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 04-03-09 at 02:56 PM.
Old 04-03-09, 02:35 PM
RMMGS4

Here's my exhaust.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 04-03-09 at 09:43 PM.
Old 04-03-09, 05:49 PM
RMMGS4

The resonator grunt and throat will increase as you add the x-pipe and headers.

All this stuff adds up. Any one mod on it's own can only contribute so much to the whole package.
Old 04-25-09, 05:25 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

damn now i really want ss headers thats all i am missing
Old 04-26-09, 07:02 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Here's my recipe

I've driven the at ISF at WOT, both hard acceleration off the line and at high speed 100+ mph (on a race track ).

I'd say the ISF sound (under load) is very similar to my GS set up which has S&S headers, RMM mufflers, resonator delete and x-pipe added. Sound at idle is deep but relatively quiet, at WOT it has a very deep gutsy roar. There's no doubt it's a V8. There's no drone and actually it's fairly low level at freeway speeds, a tad louder at low speeds. I'd like to call it a more refined and much less obnoxious Mustang GT sound.

I chose this set up based on the past 8 years of seeing and hearing many GS's with various exhaust mods. We've had 2 meets where we recorded and posted sound clips of many of these set-ups (about 15 of them), but unfortunately the old links have died. I have the master somewhere.
Great post, this almost has me convinced to delete my resonators. I just got Magnaflows put on and they are real quiet. I'm taking a little time to decide if I want it a little louder or not!

Quick Reply: Resonator just Removed !!