Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Resonator just Removed !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-09, 08:35 PM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyle Harty
Great post, this almost has me convinced to delete my resonators. I just got Magnaflows put on and they are real quiet. I'm taking a little time to decide if I want it a little louder or not!
Go for it you won't regret it, that is if you want your car to be louder. The resonators removed with an aftermarket exhaust will sound nice. I have the RMM exhaust, which is a relatively quiet exhaust, with the resonators removed and it sounds amazing. My sis-in-law was riding in my car tonight and since it's been hot lately we had the windows down and she asked me why my car was so loud. You're going to hear the exhaust at idle with the windows up so just imagine under load with the windows down. That's how I can tell if my car started in the morning with the remote starter because I can hear the exhaust when the car turns on. Just to reiterate, get it done.
Old 06-22-09, 03:45 PM
RoosterJoe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know I'm way late to this party, but speaking of deleted resonators and stock vs. aftermarket mufflers... here's a clip of my GS430 with stock exhaust with no resonators, as well as the L-tuned mufflers with no resonators.

There's also a short clip from inside the car with the windows up/sunroof closed on YouTube.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/4618762-post55.html
Old 06-22-09, 07:40 PM
Frankdorn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Here's my recipe

I've driven the at ISF at WOT, both hard acceleration off the line and at high speed 100+ mph (on a race track ).

I'd say the ISF sound (under load) is very similar to my GS set up which has S&S headers, RMM mufflers, resonator delete and x-pipe added. Sound at idle is deep but relatively quiet, at WOT it has a very deep gutsy roar. There's no doubt it's a V8. There's no drone and actually it's fairly low level at freeway speeds, a tad louder at low speeds. I'd like to call it a more refined and much less obnoxious Mustang GT sound.

I chose this set up based on the past 8 years of seeing and hearing many GS's with various exhaust mods. We've had 2 meets where we recorded and posted sound clips of many of these set-ups (about 15 of them), but unfortunately the old links have died. I have the master somewhere.

Strange as it seems, I'm contemplating to sell my complete exhaust set up. The only reason why I'm even thinking about this is in the name of seeking additional performance.

I'm still on the edge to sell it since the sound is ideal to me, but if anyone is interested in picking up my exhaust, pm me and that should help me decide.

This is a complete bolt on Cat BACK set-up, but probably local sale ONLY since it's too big and heavy to justify shipping costs.

I'm late to this I know, but in any event, this is exactly what I was fishing for from my previous pointless, stupid, inconsiderate post that everyone was forced in agony to read through...

I'll be deleting my resonators and adding an x-pipe ASAP! Thanks, RMMGS4!
Old 06-22-09, 11:31 PM
98GS450
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Caoboy
Stock exhaust with a resonator delete is not loud.

Stock exhaust with the resonator attached, but the mufflers removed, is louder, but sounds good.

Stock exhaust with just piping all the way to the exits, is the loudest, and most awesome.
resonaters removed with no mufflers is really loud man u have no idea...