Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

So who here has a S/C or turbo GS 300???

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-04, 02:04 PM
SUPRA OWNER
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Like JPI said a GTE short block, or if you want to keep your GE block powerhouse ->

racing sells some upgraded rods and pistons for the G.E. I am not sure if you lowered your compression or not with a 2mm or 3mm head gasket, If not I highly recommed that you do so. I know you don't want to hear this but a standalone might be the only answer for our cars. What were you using to monitor your set up? Did you have a EGT to monitor your temps?

By the way sorry to hear the bad news.

QUOTE]Originally posted by broke_gs

Well, I think I fried one of my rings last night. I noticed some smoke while I was driving and popped the hood when I got home. There was oil everywhere towards the back on the passenger side. It seems as though oil was coming up through the plastic elbow on the engine. Brought it into the shop and they said that I probably messed up my piston rings. They will have to run a compression test and a leak-down test to see for sure. Looks like they might have to take the engine apart. This SUCKS!!!

Anyways, the reason I'm posting is I need some suggestions as to what else to do since the engine will be apart. He has some pistons laying around that he can sell to me for cheap, but what else should I get done?
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by SUPRA OWNER; 03-13-04 at 02:18 PM.
Old 03-13-04, 02:13 PM
SUPRA OWNER
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking good, You seem to have everything covered->

Lets hope the Greddy Emanage is up to the task. Good Luck and please keep us updated.

Originally posted by lopes03
Broke_gs nice setup I'm sure it must be fun as hell to drive a GS under boost. I can't wait till mine is done

I am in the process of turboing my car actually it's almost done just need to install the engine management system (greddy E-manage). My setup is a bit more extensive then Broke_gs's. I am running a custom kit. I have a revhard turbo manifold and downpipe, turbonetics T-04E ball bearing turbo, Turbonetics wastegate, Blitz blow-off valve, Hybrid intercooler, 440cc injectors, supra TT fuel pump, AEM fuel pressure regulator, 2mm headgasket, greddy profec-b boost controller, custom intercooler piping. Should all be done later tonight. Going to stop by the shop to pick it up. The only issue I have is with the tranny. For now I have a tranny cooler, but eventually I'm going to have to take a ride down to SRT and get me a valve body upgrade.

Putting up dated pics in my gallery.
turbo install

The issue with the stock exhaust does concern me also. Since I am running at high boost 15psi + I have a 3"inch down pipe which hooks up to my apexi WS exhaust. That let the turbo breath without a problem. In Broke_gs case it is a little different. Since he did not change the compression of his motor he's probably only running 8 to 9 psi. I think this will work fine on a stock exhaust. All the downpipe's I have seen all pretty much bolt up to the stock exhaust. remember the downpipe takes out all of our cats. The only thing that's left restricting is the resonator. Which can simply be taken out by a muffler shop or replaced by installing a race pipe. I would only be concerned about the stock exhaust flow when running over like 12 psi. Then you might get issues regarding back pressure.

This is jut my 2 cents. I am sure there alot more people on this forum that can clarify this issue.