Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Too Many Choices!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-04, 10:41 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Too Many Choices!!!!

You know, i thought i would like having a "mainstream" car where there are tons of parts available for me to dump my money on. But im actually starting to get aggrivated because there are just TOO many options. Like exhaust for instance. Im a Greddy man. Mainly because with the Camry, it was either Greddy, or custom crap. I had the EVO on my Camry and loved every min of it. But with the GS im not sure if I want to take off the resonators, or how loud it will be and all this talk about 2k droning has got me all worried. I dont even know exactly what you guys mean by "droning". Im thinking something really bad, when i probably have already gone through it with my Camry. I know for a fact the EVO is Quiet even under WOT, but that bad boy would rumble so much the walls would shake inside the house. So im thinking maybe the HKS, but I dont want to spend $600 on an exhaust and not really do anything more than just buy some really expensive tips. I know the HKS has a good tone, but is it too weak? same thing with the Intakes. Ive never really been a supporter of the theory of puting a cone filter on the same factory intake tubing and claiming a bunch of HP gains, but i dont want the hassle of even messing with the ECU on this car, so i might go RMM instead of the SRT. I could go on and on, but i think ive gone far enough. Darn Choices!!!....

but you know, its a great problem to have!
Old 04-05-04, 11:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

man, people are troublesome when i had my acura tl-s, everyone complained that there are no choices at all. now with the gs and you say there are too many choices