Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Greddy PE install

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-04, 12:19 AM
Dai Ca GQ
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Greddy PE install

I just recently bought the greddy PE catback system and it didnt come with any bolts or gaskets. I was wondering if I am able to just use my OEM bolts and gaskets? Also, are there any installation tips that I need to be aware of before I jump into it? I've called Lexus and they told me the bolt size is 10x 1.25. I'll be sure to post pics up when I have them installed and also any performance gains if any. Thanks in advance
Old 04-16-04, 10:03 AM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

I brought mine new so it came with gaskets and bolts. It might be a pain to even try to reuse the stock gaskets, go to autozone or somewhere similar and buy 3 gaskets. I don't know the size you need,but they should be able to help you. I'm not sure if the stock bolts will work, but take one stock bolt off and see if it fits the greddy. If not, go to a hardware store and buy some bolts that will fit.

No performance gains, just noise.
Old 04-16-04, 11:20 PM
Dai Ca GQ
Driver

Thanks for the reply. I just went ahead and had a muffler shop install it. I would say it sounds much meaner. So far, I like it. The only thing is that it sits a little low. I've had a chance to test it and there was a slight improvement at the top end. It's pretty quiet at freeway speeds though, which is a good thing.