Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Came across this (generic turbo kit)

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-04, 09:28 PM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by dave_rx7
supras aren't very fast stock.(high 13's) they're boats. it's just the 2jz that can produce and hold so much power...
Thank you dave. We work on 2jz for a living so we should know what it's capable of.
JPI
Old 05-15-04, 10:53 AM
rodel
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by dave_rx7
supras aren't very fast stock.(high 13's) they're boats. it's just the 2jz that can produce and hold so much power...
Aren't very fast stock? When the Supra came out in 93, it had the fastest 1/4 time out of all the Japanese sports cars imported here in the U.S.

Check out this Motor Trend article.

http://www.scuderiaciriani.com/rx7/m...article01.html

Last edited by rodel; 05-15-04 at 10:54 AM.
Old 05-20-04, 09:54 PM
lexlyf
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Guru
$30,000 seems way out there. I can make the manifolds, turbos, FMIC and piping for less than $8,000. Figure another $3000 for standalone engine management, injectors and pump and voila, turbo kit.
The 30 large for the TT is not really a kit.

Known as the "Scorpion," that TT package throws every aftermarket performance modification at the GS400 with the exception of wheels and tires and then it is twin turbo'd.

A majority of the Scorpion $$ is via labor.

Remember that this is an installed, tuned and out the door price. First, the GS4's motor and transmission is removed in its entirety from the chasis and then "completely" disassembled. You should see the GS during this process, as the entire front structure support is removed including radiator and a/c condensor. Both the engine internals & tranny are then built to handle the 500+rwhp that it will have after the transformation.

While that 's happening, the aftermarket prods are being installed (i.e. Supra brake upgrade, calipers, rotors, SS lines, F&R sways, aftermarket TC, oil cooler, tranny cooler, LSD, Greddy front lip, full custom true dual exhaust, Tein Flex w/ EDFC, tranny VBU, dual BOV's, a full complement of Blitz electronics, etc, etc, etc.).

Aside from the twins, the exhaust manifolds are manufactured to order & with the positioning of the turbos...this translates into time.

Then after the engine & tranny are complete, they are reinstalled into the bay and the balance of hte plumbing is constructed along w/ custom dimension FMIC. The front assemble of the GS is then returned to a previous state. Once everything is in and the car starts & idles properly, the tuning is performed.

Now, all of this, coupled w/ the fact that it is the ONLY available twin turbo product for the Lexus GS400 4.0 V8 platform creates the exclusivity, which in turn....dictates the $30k asking price.

Even w/ that price tag, I can think of about 4-5 folks that have completed this process w/ 2 more in their shop as we speak.

I attempted to be as concise as possible, but it has been a while since I had the entire SRT product catalogue committed to memory. Any questions, feel free to hit me up "PM" style.

It's definitely not for everyone.