Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

L-Tuned Exhaust - Before & After Pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-04, 10:05 PM
lex01
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice.... how is the sound? Loud? or ......
Old 05-18-04, 05:35 PM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

Welcome to the "Love That Growl and Don't Know What the Drone People Complain About Is" club. I must say that your car looks great--very well taken care of. Have you thought about switching out the chrome emblems for gold? I don't think gold emblems look good on most cars, but it seems like they'd go great with your color GS...
Old 05-18-04, 07:52 PM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Actually I am heading in the direction of "bling" reduction. I want to go with black chrome emblems and hyperblack or gunmetal rims... eventually going to a CF hood and grill is also in my dreams...

I love the sound of the exhaust... it is LOUD but only under throttle and i don't call that drone, it's not loud enough, that is exhaust wispering "drive me faster, you know you want to hear me"

My wife has never been happy with an exhaust mod I have done in the past but absolutely has no problem with the L-Tuned. My Xterra has more exhaust drone from my Calmini upgrade.

I would say the L-Tuned is a hair quieter than a mustang GT exhaust but much deeper... for an example most can identify with since GT Stangs are everywhere.

I reset the ECU last night and OMG!!! I have been lighting up the tires all day! Definately the best Mod I have done thus far! The housewife that was driving this before must have driven S-L-O-W 24/7

Old 05-19-04, 04:14 PM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by CinFulxGS4
Actually I am heading in the direction of "bling" reduction. I want to go with black chrome emblems and hyperblack or gunmetal rims... eventually going to a CF hood and grill is also in my dreams...
Yep, I hear what you're saying. Normally I agree that gold emblems are rather ghetto, but on your car I think they'd look tight. I chose black chrome myself, so I can't fault you for THAT decision...

As for a carbon fiber hood, you may be keeping your bling factor low but the ricer quotient will skyrocket.