Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Supercharger Install

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-04, 12:21 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm shorting the sensor at the moment. They say that this will prevent the light from coming on. I will know in about 30 minutes when I'm completed.
Lee
Old 06-08-04, 12:30 AM
kandygs400
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was just thinking of removing the bulb...how would you short it out?....lemme know cause thast the only..light on in my car...erf!...making me mad
Old 06-08-04, 01:45 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Talking Success

Success!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started her up and it is warming up getting acclamated to it's new found muscle. Still need to install the Apexi unit. SC is a bit noisy though I am told it will quiet down considerably over the next few days. Checking for leaks at the moment. I still need to tidy up a few things. The oil drain hose they supply is a bit short so I will replace it with a longer one. Bad thing is-the SC needs to come out to access the hose.
I also need a longer bolt for the tensioner. They supply a belt, but the wrong size belt for this pulley. They said that I NEED go BUY a shorter belt or BUY a longer bolt for the tensioner.
BTW- no oil light. Shorting out the sensor means to run a single wire and place both ends of the wire into the sensor connector which shorts it out. This fools the computer into thinking the sensor is reading normal. Instead I ran a nice u shaped piece of metal which slid nicely into the sensor and taped it all over to secure it in place and to keep grime out..
Still much work to be done but so far so good. Thanks for the kind words guys.
Lee

Last edited by Pearlpower; 06-08-04 at 02:25 AM.
Old 06-08-04, 08:09 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Congrats on your install. You must be so excited. Let us know how much fun you are having when you drive it later. lol
Old 06-08-04, 11:08 AM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Default jeez

rmm must be some idiots on the customer service!!! paid 5k and tell someone they need to buy a different belt or a longer bolt..come on..
Old 06-08-04, 11:21 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

I would agree. 5k and not the proper belt. Plus they know about it. They bought or made 25 of everything initially. All of these components were for the stock pulley, so they do not have the correct items for the higher boost pulley. That is their side of it. Still...is a 15.00 belt asking too much in a 5k kit?

Also, I spoke with XSengineering for tuning. Come to find out they say I need a subcomputer AND and a O2 clamp on top of the APexi unit for tuning. 700.00 or so for parts not including the dyno session.
WTH IS THAT. Their claim is that the APexi unit does not do a proper job. So do any of your out there with SC, where did you get yours dyno's and did you run into something similar?
thank you
Lee

Last edited by Pearlpower; 06-08-04 at 11:22 AM.
Old 06-08-04, 12:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

wow, congrats lee, that's some pretty fast install, and you definitely know what you are doing man, awesome, cant' wait till it's all said and done

honestly from what i have heard about rmm, they haven't really been that great in products anyway. somehow i am not too surprised about the wrong bolts, etc... i am kinda surprise that they just told you to get some other @_@

and about xs engineering, yeah they are always nutorously expensive for tuning cars. maybe they are good, but definitely pricey
Old 06-08-04, 01:06 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 322 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
and about xs engineering, yeah they are always nutorously expensive for tuning cars. maybe they are good, but definitely pricey
XS Engineering = XS Prices ?

Congrats Lee on the new found muscle install in your car!! You make it sound like a walk in the park!

Last edited by Hameed; 06-08-04 at 01:07 PM.
Old 06-08-04, 01:24 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is one damn fast install!!
Keep us posted on the new found power. Kill stories are expected
Old 06-08-04, 01:26 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

ON HOLD

I spoke with Swift again (always ready to help.,thanks Swift) today and this time they say that since my setup is the same as Jeff's , that they will ship out an ECU for $250.00 with one free update if the dyno shows it needs tweaking. Sounds good to me and no fussing with the Apexi unit (maybe for sale shortly). So the project is on hold for about 1 week which is what they need to make one and get it to me. In the meantime, this will give me time to take some more pics, fine tune and tweak the install and go over every nut and bolt once again for any loose ends.
I would love to install the headers on the Tundra in the meantime, but I swore to myself long ago-only do one project at a time,especially if one of the vehicles is down. I learned the hard way. Sucks having two cars and neither one running due to some unforseen install issue.

Lee

Last edited by Pearlpower; 06-08-04 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-08-04, 01:40 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Pearlpower
ON HOLD

I spoke with Swift again (always ready to help.,thanks Swift) today and this time they say that since my setup is the same as Jeff's , that they will ship out an ECU for $250.00 with one free update if the dyno shows it needs tweaking. Sounds good to me and no fussing with the Apexi unit (maybe for sale shortly). So the project is on hold for about 1 week which is what they need to make one and get it to me. In the meantime, this will give me time to take some more pics, fine tune and tweak the install and go over every nut and bolt once again for any loose ends.
I would love to install the headers on the Tundra in the meantime, but I swore to myself long ago-only do one project at a time,especially if one of the vehicles is down. I learned the hard way. Sucks having two cars and neither one running due to some unforseen install issue.

Lee
Good to hear Lee!!
Old 06-08-04, 02:50 PM
Orbit9
Rookie

Pearlpower, who did you speak to at SRT? I want to get that ECU also. Is the contact phone number correct on the SRT web site?

Thanks

Old 06-08-04, 03:01 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,332 Likes on 1,419 Posts

Lee - just to set your expectations it'll get you closer! Assume you'll send a dyno sheet with air/fuel back to Mo for the second set of tuning?

I used Jeff's tuning when we moved the RMM SC from his GS over to mine and his needed more fuel than my setup did. Started basically at 337 hp and 294 tq. After a few runs and tweaks Mo brought it up to 363 hp and 314 tq.
Old 06-08-04, 03:27 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by DaveGS4
Lee - just to set your expectations it'll get you closer! Assume you'll send a dyno sheet with air/fuel back to Mo for the second set of tuning?

I used Jeff's tuning when we moved the RMM SC from his GS over to mine and his needed more fuel than my setup did. Started basically at 337 hp and 294 tq. After a few runs and tweaks Mo brought it up to 363 hp and 314 tq.
Was there any difference between the install such as injector size,etc..? Curious as to why there was such a drastic change if the kit is exact. I suppose every little bits makes a huge difference when it comes to FI. I should have the other ECU in about a week. At that time I will have it dyno'd and if it does not come into spec, send off the dyno with a/f to MO for fine tuning. I do expect this to take some time.

Orbit9, yes I called Daniel I believe at SRT using the phone number on their website. Tell him Lee sent you. Say hi to Mo.

Lee
Old 06-08-04, 05:07 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,332 Likes on 1,419 Posts

Originally posted by Pearlpower
Was there any difference between the install such as injector size,etc..? Curious as to why there was such a drastic change if the kit is exact. I suppose every little bits makes a huge difference when it comes to FI. I should have the other ECU in about a week. At that time I will have it dyno'd and if it does not come into spec, send off the dyno with a/f to MO for fine tuning. I do expect this to take some time.

Orbit9, yes I called Daniel I believe at SRT using the phone number on their website. Tell him Lee sent you. Say hi to Mo.

Lee
No, Mo moved everything directly off his GS onto mine including the upgraded RC injectors and high volume fuel pump. Good luck! I'm going to have to do the same thing (unless I want to drive up again ~7 hours) when I change my setup like adding headers, etc.

Quick Reply: Supercharger Install