Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Supercharger Install

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-04, 12:10 PM
kyle3481
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Pearlpower
I decided to forgo the SAFC setup and get the SRT ecu. That did not work and Mo talked me into a Greddy Emanage computer. I have been waiting patiently now on my 4th week for delivery. Will be able to update once I get it installed.
Lee
good luck lee!!~ let me know when everything works out well for ya
Old 10-16-04, 01:08 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I installed the Greddy Emanager computer today and so far so good. The instructions supplied are horrible so keep that in mind.

Car is pulling very strong now. I will get another dyno next week with the 3.12 and then switch to the 2.87 for another dyno.

Lee
Old 10-16-04, 06:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

I installed the Greddy Emanager computer today and so far so good. The instructions supplied are horrible so keep that in mind.

Car is pulling very strong now. I will get another dyno next week with the 3.12 and then switch to the 2.87 for another dyno.

Lee
thanks for the update lee. i thought you were waiting for the srt ecu?
Old 10-16-04, 11:46 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

I gave up on the SRT route. the first ecu sent was too lean down low and rich up top. SRT suggested a fuel pump so I purchased a Walbro from SRT. Another dyno and still same issue. Sent ecu back and received another. Even leaner down low and richer this time. Mo said can't be. So he suggested the Emanage system. I highly recommend this route as it is adjustable for any future upgrades. Installation is very simple. 5 wires. Same hook up as SRT ecu minus one wire. I made a nice clear box to mount it in and to protect the unit as it is installed in the engine compartment. Will post pics later. Car is much much stronger than before as the big block mustang and soup'd up El Camino found out today. Pulls hard from a stop as it is no longer lean down low. Expect new dyno numbers next week. 2.87 pulley coming soon as well.
Lee
Old 10-17-04, 03:50 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I gave up on the SRT route. the first ecu sent was too lean down low and rich up top. SRT suggested a fuel pump so I purchased a Walbro from SRT. Another dyno and still same issue. Sent ecu back and received another. Even leaner down low and richer this time. Mo said can't be. So he suggested the Emanage system. I highly recommend this route as it is adjustable for any future upgrades. Installation is very simple. 5 wires. Same hook up as SRT ecu minus one wire. I made a nice clear box to mount it in and to protect the unit as it is installed in the engine compartment. Will post pics later. Car is much much stronger than before as the big block mustang and soup'd up El Camino found out today. Pulls hard from a stop as it is no longer lean down low. Expect new dyno numbers next week. 2.87 pulley coming soon as well.
Lee
Lee, we need a vid of the car running in anger!!
Old 10-17-04, 11:00 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Lee
hahhaa, you forgot to mention the reaction on the owners man hehe...

can't wiat for more info on the dyno now
Old 10-17-04, 12:18 PM
Dr.G
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lee- glad to hear you're finally working the kinks out man... Can't wait to see what you put down on the dyno with the smaller pulley... Between you, morris and klyngs400 I'll know more of to expect for myself...Definitely keep me posted!! I'm still trying to figure out my dilemma, looks like i'll be sending my SC back to Vortech in the coming week to get the internals replaced, hopefully this will resolve matters! Troubleshooting is becoming too damn expensive!!
Old 10-18-04, 04:27 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 320 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally posted by Dr.G
I'm still trying to figure out my dilemma, looks like i'll be sending my SC back to Vortech in the coming week to get the internals replaced, hopefully this will resolve matters! Troubleshooting is becoming too damn expensive!!
Sorry to hear about your dilemna.

Did somebody say you gotta pay to play? j/k
Old 10-18-04, 08:29 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Default tuning

Started the tuning process. Once close I will take it in the dyno shop for final tuning and testing.

First pic shows the system set of an error code as it was running a bit rich
Attached Thumbnails Supercharger Install-dsc00003.jpg  

Last edited by Pearlpower; 10-18-04 at 10:54 PM.
Old 10-18-04, 08:32 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Default setup pic

Setup. Connected to USB port via serial adapter and to OBDII connection on car.
Attached Thumbnails Supercharger Install-ext.jpg  

Last edited by Pearlpower; 10-19-04 at 12:37 AM.
Old 10-18-04, 08:33 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Default ECU

Temp install of ecu for easy tuning. I do not care for the heat on the unit so it will find itself in the glovebox once I make a extension for the harness.
Attached Thumbnails Supercharger Install-ecu.jpg  
Old 10-18-04, 08:35 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Default screeshot

Screen shot of software reading the car at idle
Attached Thumbnails Supercharger Install-screenshot.jpg  
Old 10-18-04, 08:36 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Another shot of another screen. Long term fuel trim is -35% thus explaing why my system is a bit rich at the moment. A little more tuning is in order to get this under control.
Lee
Attached Thumbnails Supercharger Install-screenshot2.jpg  

Last edited by Pearlpower; 10-19-04 at 12:34 AM.
Old 10-18-04, 09:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

wow lee, ready to tune my next car?
Old 10-19-04, 12:26 AM
LMSguy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What software is that?

Quick Reply: Supercharger Install