Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Blitz Nur Spec Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-04, 10:48 AM
GSing430
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Blitz Nur Spec Exhaust (UPDATE) 5/14/05

just my 2cents on Blitz exhaust. i never thought of ever buying an exhaust for my GS since i wanted a luxury appearance and if i ever did, i didn't want any drone or a "loud" exhaust. just something deep and throaty but yet elegant. i know there are street legal exhaust out there (being that its' under 95db) ie greddy, hks but are on the louder side for my taste. i first heard RMM exhaust on RMMGS4 and i was drawned to the tone and sound of it, quiet inside the cabin but gives the car a rumble from outside. that was the sound i was looking for. to make the story short, i came across a Blitz nur spec from cl member dru, i love the long tip style (very jdm vip) and not too many ppl have blitz, so i took the risk of getting it, since i've always thought it would be on the louder side, took dru's words and took it off of him for less than half if i were to buy it somewhere else. that same day, i rush home and installed it myself in 30-45mins. with the key in, i cranked it, and let it roar, va-roooom!!! shut the door rev it a couple of time and took it for a spin. i was shock and amaze to how quiet it still is inside the cabin, up to 2k rpm, you can hear the exhaust a little sweet rumble roar of a V8 engine. as you climb up in rpm til 6k rpm the exhaust stays constant with the exhaust note declines as you hear more of the sound of your engine instead. i would say its a little quieter than the l-tuned but still noticeable from the outside. i was a very happy camper and drove to the sound of my exhaust all day. in terms of performance, not sure how much more hp but it felt more freer and the response was more intuned when you apply the gas, obviously, there is less back pressure. i couldn't be any happier. under normal driving condition, the passengers won't notice any difference unless i let it rip here's some pix of it, i love how the tip is stamped w/ Blitz NUR Spec on it!!

pro: lightweight, no droning, quiet yet throaty, Blitz stamped on tip, rare, shiny, long jdm tips
cons: none

update

Last night was the first time i ever heard the sound of my exhaust from outside the cabin and it just sounded so amazing. i was so impress with the note of the exhaust, it was music to my ears. i felt like it was the first day that i got my exhaust. i was so excited obviously, the sound that it produce while it's in neutral is different while in drive. well, last night, i had my gf drive my car while i drove next to her, while cruising at a consistant rpm, it's pretty quiet almost stock. As you climb the rpm slowly, it produce enought gut to say "i'm not stock" . during normal driving it gives a little grawl. and then i had her speed up and give the gas pedal more pressure enough to leave the car next to you seeing and wondering what car you have and leave it 5-6 car length in between and the note of the exhaust just scream "don't mess with me" ... it sounded pretty powerful enough for me to think twice before i try to have a little fun.... if i was the person driving next to it. the sound of the exhaust is describe from the view when you're listening from anyother car, if you're driving the car with the window down, you'll hear a different note. it's still quiet inside the car with the window up or down. but while driving in a different car next to it, it;s a totally different beast. this was done and driven at night with limited cars around. i would never give up this exhaust..... enjoy

Last edited by GSing430; 05-15-05 at 10:44 PM.
Old 07-13-04, 01:28 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Blitz Nur Spec Exhaust

Originally posted by GSing430
[B]just my 2cents on Blitz exhaust. i never thought of ever buying an exhaust for my GS since i wanted a luxury appearance and if i ever did, i didn't want any drone or a "loud" exhaust. just something deep and throaty but yet elegant. i know there are street legal exhaust out there (being that its' under 95db) ie greddy, hks but are on the louder side for my taste. i first heard RMM exhaust on RMMGS4 and i was drawned to the tone and sound of it, quiet inside the cabin but gives the car a rumble from outside. that was the sound i was looking for. to make the story short, i came across a Blitz nur spec from cl member dru, i love the long tip style (very jdm vip) and not too many ppl have blitz, so i took the risk of getting it, since i've always thought it would be on the louder side, took dru's words and took it off of him for less than half if i were to buy it somewhere else. that same day, i rush home and installed it myself in 30-45mins. with the key in, i cranked it, and let it roar, va-roooom!!! shut the door rev it a couple of time and took it for a spin. i was shock and amaze to how quiet it still is inside the cabin, up to 2k rpm, you can hear the exhaust a little sweet rumble roar of a V8 engine. as you climb up in rpm til 6k rpm the exhaust stays constant with the exhaust note declines as you hear more of the sound of your engine instead. i would say its a little quieter than the l-tuned but still noticeable from the outside. i was a very happy camper and drove to the sound of my exhaust all day. in terms of performance, not sure how much more hp but it felt more freer and the response was more intuned when you apply the gas, obviously, there is less back pressure. i couldn't be any happier. under normal driving condition, the passengers won't notice any difference unless i let it rip here's some pix of it, i love how the tip is stamped w/ Blitz NUR Spec on it!!

pro: lightweight, no droning, quiet yet throaty, Blitz stamped on tip, rare, shiny, long jdm tips
cons: none

GSing430

you know i had to chime in

couldnt agree with you more as far as sound goes not to mention all the heads turning when you pass by

some reallll sweet pics you took there if it wa raing here now id take some myself

btw i love that color man

just found this ...

Lexus GS400 performance parts from Blitz
Product Name: Blitz NUR Spec Rear Section ONLY Exhaust System - GS400
Description: 98 - 01 Lexus GS400 Blitz NUR Spec Rear Section Dual Muffler System
For: Lexus / GS400
Availability: Usually ship out in 3 days
Retail Price: $750.00
Our Price: $649.95
*Shipping: $70.00
*Standard service for Blitz NUR Spec Rear Section ONLY Exhaust System - GS400 ship within containental of The US, Additional shipping options available at checkout.
Note: NUR SPEC -- Rear Section ONLY / Dual Muffler / Pipe size 70mm - Tip size 114.3mm / Fit 1998 1999 2000 2001

Detail Description:
The Blitz NUR - Spec Series exhaust systems are available as direct bolt-on replacements for OEM exhaust systems. Our exhaust reduces backpressure and thermal stress. This allows the engine to create more power and torque by breathing easier. By utilizing extensive computer controlled design, flow analysis, Dyno testing, and precise fitment Blitz exhaust systems produce maximum horsepower without dramatically reducing low-end torque.
Blitz NUR Spec Series exhaust systems available, the NUR - Spec which is a rear section only exhaust.
The quality of the Blitz stainless steel exhausts is second to none. Rated as the highest quality, our exhausts perform as well as they look. Unlike conventional exhaust systems, Blitz exhausts utilize a slanted mounting design, which eliminates unnecessary bends. The specially designed muffler and large diameter mandrel bent piping has no reduction of inner diameter in bend areas. The constant piping diameter size allows for superior exhaust flow superior then compared to crush bent piping. The most impressive feature of our exhaust system is the quiet tone with the silencer on, and its aggressive tone with the silencer removed. Performance increases very by application (gains of 5 - 20 horsepower are average). Blitz exhaust systems are designed for maximum performance, improved appearance, and an aggressive tone.
Each Blitz NUR Spec exhaust is flanged and comes complete with all gaskets and hardware. Providing the easiest bolt-on installation possible. All Blitz NUR Spec R exhaust systems utilize factory mounting points and hangar locations. A fine balance of looks, power, and durability has been achieved through full stainless steel construction finished in a show quality shine

Last edited by T.L.W.; 04-06-05 at 06:49 PM.
Old 07-13-04, 05:21 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great! Tips do look nice. Hopefully get a chance to see it before EOS V.3.
Old 07-13-04, 06:04 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Wow those look awesome
Old 07-13-04, 06:43 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

wow very nice man, it's clean! love the tips too!
Old 07-13-04, 09:37 PM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Awesome. I know what you mean about the sound, I love my L-Tuned...

That is my favorite color period! Reminds me of my 92 LT1 BlackRose Vette. Wish i could have found one that color when I was looking. VERY RARE.
Old 07-14-04, 06:30 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, nice looking exhaust. I was surprised when u said it was on the quiet side. I have the HKS and it is on the loud side but several people told me that the Blitz is louder than the HKS
Old 07-14-04, 07:19 AM
alredxiii
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those Blitz Nur Specs are quite the quiet exhaust systems...especially on the IS 300's A Beautiful exhaust setup indeed congrats
Old 07-14-04, 10:22 AM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any more pics? Maybe a full 3/4 view to show the proportion better. Looks great though!
Old 07-14-04, 01:29 PM
GSing430
Racer

Default Re: Re: Blitz Nur Spec Exhaust

Originally posted by T.L.W.
GSing430

you know i had to chime in

couldnt agree with you more as far as sound goes not to mention all the heads turning when you pass by

some reallll sweet pics you took there if it wa raing here now id take some myself

btw i love that color man
i almost forgot you have the same setup.
you're always welcome to chime in buddy.
you know, great minds think alike.
Old 07-14-04, 01:31 PM
GSing430
Racer

Originally posted by redgs4
Looks great! Tips do look nice. Hopefully get a chance to see it before EOS V.3.
i hope i get to see your suprise that you have hidden, i hear great things about.
Old 07-14-04, 01:33 PM
GSing430
Racer

Originally posted by CinFulxGS4
Awesome. I know what you mean about the sound, I love my L-Tuned...

That is my favorite color period! Reminds me of my 92 LT1 BlackRose Vette. Wish i could have found one that color when I was looking. VERY RARE.
too RARE, i feel kinda lonely
Old 07-14-04, 01:35 PM
GSing430
Racer

Originally posted by svt5150
Any more pics? Maybe a full 3/4 view to show the proportion better. Looks great though!
i've been looking for a photoshoot location somewhere up here to update my pic, but can't find any yet, hopefully soon. i want to get a underneath shot as well.
Old 07-14-04, 02:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by GSing430
i've been looking for a photoshoot location somewhere up here to update my pic, but can't find any yet, hopefully soon. i want to get a underneath shot as well.
yeah definitely more pics, i think it's a very nice looking exhaust!
Old 07-15-04, 09:16 PM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was actually going to buy these same exact exhaust a good year ago but didnt... glad to see ur write up maybe next time around i'll pick a set up for me

Quick Reply: Blitz Nur Spec Exhaust