Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Lextreme DIY kit for supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-04, 11:15 PM
LexT
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lextreme DIY kit for supercharger

I am planning on using this kit for my 99 GS400, but its made for the LS/SC, any experiences, opinions
Thanx in advance.
Old 07-16-04, 01:13 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

I don't have any experience with it but I am looking foreward to hearing about it.
Old 07-16-04, 03:00 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Lextreme DIY kit for supercharger

Originally posted by LexT
I am planning on using this kit for my 99 GS400, but its made for the LS/SC, any experiences, opinions
Thanx in advance.
How are you going to mount the SC?
Old 07-16-04, 11:22 PM
LexT
Lead Lap

www.lextreme.com/bracket.htm
that's the link, what do u guys think, thanx
Old 07-16-04, 11:59 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

I think you had better know what you are doing before making this purchase. Not saying you can't make it work, but I would hate to be the first to try without extensive support. Then again, you may be far more adept at this sort of thing than myself.
Old 07-20-04, 01:17 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

The mount is the easy part. Pulley size/location, piping, intercooler, will add up to the cost unless you skip the intercooler initially similar to the original SRT Stage 1 kits. Keep in mind that many other parts are still required and they do add up quickly. Still... it can be done and you may save some $$ though the entire process would probably take a bit longer than a kit.
If you go for it, let us know.
Lee
Old 07-20-04, 07:41 PM
LexT
Lead Lap

If you go on lextreme website u'll see the supercharger sits in a different spot than RMM's, would you know anyone that has used the lextreme bracket on the GS430/400 and was successful. where does the RMM oil feed line come in your RMM kit and where does it return to. Thanks for replying, I'll defenetly keep posting if Iam able to make it work.
Old 07-21-04, 10:36 AM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

If you go on lextreme website u'll see the supercharger sits in a different spot than RMM's, would you know anyone that has used the lextreme bracket on the GS430/400 and was successful. where does the RMM oil feed line come in your RMM kit and where does it return to. Thanks for replying, I'll defenetly keep posting if Iam able to make it work.
This is actually part of what I was talking about/around in my previous posts. Because the SC sits in a different spot there may be a lot of stuff that needs to be repositioned to make the install work. I simply would not want to be the first one.
Old 07-21-04, 03:14 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You are probably the first, so we are all actually waiting for you to answer these questions for us !

The SC is on the wrong side for a GS. You won't be able to move the Electronics box that is in the way on that side unless you wanna lengthen 100 bizillion wires coming out of it.

The Lextreme bracket looks like it "might" be reversible, so that you can put it on the other side.

Lextreme knows more about this than any of us, since it is his product. So contact him on whether the bracket is reversable.

Good Luck
Old 07-21-04, 08:53 PM
LexT
Lead Lap

Yes, I did guys, and the fuse box has to repositioned, how many wires are going in and out I donno , I didnt look yet and wont be for another week, crazy work schedule, if anything works out i'll be posting, thanx guys
Old 07-21-04, 08:55 PM
LexT
Lead Lap

Well, I see you guys are in California and so is he but you both have superchargers, so I dont know what to say, well cant do anything till next Wed/Thurs, later
Old 07-28-04, 09:44 PM
LexT
Lead Lap

Hey guys,
Looked at the fuse box that has to be moved, Iam not cutting any wires goin to the fuse box, so I guess I'll wait for SRT to come out with their supercharger kits this winter. thanx for all the response guys.
Old 07-28-04, 10:15 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey guys,
Looked at the fuse box that has to be moved, Iam not cutting any wires goin to the fuse box, so I guess I'll wait for SRT to come out with their supercharger kits this winter. thanx for all the response guys.
SRT is coming out with an SC kit AGAIN ??

That's news to me. Enlighten us please on what you know about this.

Is this 100% confirmed that they are going to release it ?
Old 07-29-04, 11:10 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by RMMGS4
SRT is coming out with an SC kit AGAIN ??

That's news to me. Enlighten us please on what you know about this.

Is this 100% confirmed that they are going to release it ?
Also for the 300?
Old 07-29-04, 12:00 PM
HotBlue400
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When i talked to mo about a month ago he said maybe late fall. .so.. get them credit cards ready.. i garuntee he will have a shop full of S/C jobs all winter.. man i cant wait.. look out spring time here i come

Quick Reply: Lextreme DIY kit for supercharger