Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

VCS, ABS, VCSoff, BRAKE lights and buzzer!!! ARG!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-04 | 03:28 PM
ChaosOrion
Driver School Candidate

Question VCS, ABS, VCSoff, BRAKE lights and buzzer!!! ARG!

Ok,

I posted a thred last week about a strange loud noise coming from behind the dash/steering. It happened sparadically, and stopped.

Well this week that noise returned. This time the noise was accompanied by some electrical problems:

While driving on a 3-Hr drive, the radio started intermittantly cutting out, lights and musis, then I started hearing the noise (like airblowing inside a pipe) about 2 minutes later the VCS, ABS, BRAKE, and VCSoff Lights all lite-up and the VSC beeper tone came on constantly for about 3 minutes.

The car braked Fine, accelerated fine, shifted fine, steering fine, while the lights and buzzer were going off, then about 2 or 3 minutes into it the lights all turned off the buzzer turned off, and the car kept driving for another 1-1/2 hours.

The next day on the return trip, the same problem occured 2 more times.

I hooked up an ODBII scanner, and received no error codes.

Any Ideas?
Old 08-05-04 | 12:57 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic
CL Folding 25,000

Never have I heard of this. Issues similar without all of thos symptoms have been recorded but a scanner would always pick up a code.
Sounds like a electrical short. Did you or a prior owner install anything aftermarket? Alarm, stereo, etc......?
Old 09-01-16 | 05:31 AM
KINGPHEONI
Driver School Candidate

I have the same problem with my car but my front brakes work my rear brake are not catching tho.
This all strated after a brake pad change.
Old 03-13-17 | 08:33 AM
Robb92914
Driver

Originally Posted by ChaosOrion
Ok,

I posted a thred last week about a strange loud noise coming from behind the dash/steering. It happened sparadically, and stopped.

Well this week that noise returned. This time the noise was accompanied by some electrical problems:

While driving on a 3-Hr drive, the radio started intermittantly cutting out, lights and musis, then I started hearing the noise (like airblowing inside a pipe) about 2 minutes later the VCS, ABS, BRAKE, and VCSoff Lights all lite-up and the VSC beeper tone came on constantly for about 3 minutes.

The car braked Fine, accelerated fine, shifted fine, steering fine, while the lights and buzzer were going off, then about 2 or 3 minutes into it the lights all turned off the buzzer turned off, and the car kept driving for another 1-1/2 hours.

The next day on the return trip, the same problem occured 2 more times.

I hooked up an ODBII scanner, and received no error codes.

Any Ideas?

Did you figure out what this was by chance? Happened to me the other day. It went away and car is running fine now. Checked the fuses and nothing blown. Not sure what caused this.
Old 03-13-17 | 05:35 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

go get your battery checked with a good battery test tool at a shop. and clean your battery terminals than reevaluate.