Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SOMEONE HAS TO HELP!! K&N fipk 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-04, 02:10 PM
blackgs
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOMEONE HAS TO HELP!! K&N fipk 2

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME. I installed my Fipk 2 system into my gs 400. Everything was installed correctly. Now when im in idle is it just shakes, i double checked all the connections and i hope it just settles in after driving it for a few miles but if anyone had this problem please let me know. thanks

Last edited by blackgs; 08-17-04 at 07:25 PM.
Old 08-17-04, 05:22 PM
TRULUX
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

reset your ecu this should help
Old 08-17-04, 07:45 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,514 Likes on 1,653 Posts

Yup, reset the ECU. Plus you may need to make sure the MAF wire didn't get dirty. That would cause a rough idle. You also may need to clean the throttle body. Did you clean the intake pipe before installing? Any dirt may have gotten on the MAF wire or in the throttle body also.

I have the FIPK2. One time I had a rough idle with AC off and after cleaning the throttle body I had no further problems.
Old 08-17-04, 07:54 PM
FutureGS400
Lexus Test Driver

I have had the FIPK for almost 14k miles with zero problems with idle. Sorry I can't help, but the other suggestions are a starting place. Maybe the dealership could find the problem with their diagnostic equipment. Good luck with it...
Old 08-18-04, 05:54 PM
blackgs
Rookie

Default Tryed resetting ECU

WEll i tried to reset the ecu, and the problem still persists. I called up one of my guys at the LExus Dealership and he said its opssible that the FILTER of the K&N intake could have been OVER OILED when manufactured and that oil could have ruined the Mass Air Flow Sensor. Supposedly its suppost to cost about 200 dollars to replace. He's goin to run a diagnostic and check but he said thast most likely the problem. WHAT SHOULD I DO? should i call K&N and tell them that their intake is costing me another 200 dollars. Clearly its not my fault that they over-oiled the filter. Other then that, the intake seems fine, i've reset my ecu twice to try to get the engine check sign to go away but it wont =( . If anyone has any suggestions can someone PLEASE HELP ME. The rough idle is still happening, especially after i reset teh ecu but it settled down but now when i come to a stop, the car shakes.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 08-18-04, 06:03 PM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What code did you get? We are not interested in engine shaking. Please us the code and we would be happy to assit you with this problem.
JPI
Old 08-18-04, 07:04 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: Tryed resetting ECU

Originally posted by blackgs
i've reset my ecu twice to try to get the engine check sign to go away but it wont =( . If anyone has any suggestions can someone PLEASE HELP ME. The rough idle is still happening, especially after i reset teh ecu but it settled down but now when i come to a stop, the car shakes.
Well I gave other suggestions above, but I HIGHLY doubt K&N over-oiled the filter since no doubt it's an automated process from their factory.

You didn't mention before that you have the check engine light so I suspect something else is wrong - most likely a loose hose or somehow you've got some things crossed.

I doubt your car would run at all, but are you sure the MAF isn't in backwards? It's easily done. I doubt you need a whole new MAF. I'd get another opinion.

Last edited by bitkahuna; 08-18-04 at 07:04 PM.
Old 08-18-04, 07:10 PM
blackgs
Rookie

I havent had the car diagnosed yet hopefully i can get that dnoe soon, i'll take a picture of how i did all the vacum tubing but as i've done the lining, the far left one is the stock vacum tube, the middle tube is the one that runs far near the cylinders of the engine, and the far right tube is the one that is the thickest and goes to the left of the engine? I'll take a pic asap
Old 08-19-04, 05:25 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Here's mine - left line (1) connects right there. Middle line (2) goes to other '2'. 3 goes to 3. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails SOMEONE HAS TO HELP!!  K&N fipk 2-resize-of-img_0876.jpg  
Old 08-20-04, 02:05 AM
blackgs
Rookie

yah my connections are fine then. It's possible that it could be the MAF sensor. I hope not but when i look at the MAF all the little connectors inside are silver except for ONE? I dunno if it was like this before but this could cause the problem. Other then that their are no leaks or anything from teh vacum lines. Still got the engine sign going as well as VSC but VSC automatically goes on because of the engine sign.

Any help please?
Old 08-20-04, 06:35 AM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by blackgs
yah my connections are fine then. It's possible that it could be the MAF sensor. I hope not but when i look at the MAF all the little connectors inside are silver except for ONE? I dunno if it was like this before but this could cause the problem. Other then that their are no leaks or anything from teh vacum lines. Still got the engine sign going as well as VSC but VSC automatically goes on because of the engine sign.

Any help please?
Why don't you put the stock unit back ? Get the MAF check out though.
JPI
Old 08-27-04, 05:56 PM
blackgs
Rookie

okay so i took apart the intake today and then put the stock one on and the engine sign was sitll on. Then while installing and messing around i realized that one of the wires that hooks into the engine area. Sort of like the MAF sensor but to the left side of the engine block, ONE OF them was disconnected. I FREAKED out no wonder my car wasnt running right. SO i reset my ecu, rewired all the stuff correctly, put the K&N intake back o n and it runs fine now but engine stign is STILLLLLLLLL ON! How do i make it go away? thast the only thing not going off now but runs fine
Old 08-28-04, 02:59 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

What is the wire that was disconnected for? Maybe there's another disconnected wire! Seems like you really need to get things checked out professionally.
Old 08-29-04, 06:37 AM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by bitkahuna
What is the wire that was disconnected for? Maybe there's another disconnected wire! Seems like you really need to get things checked out professionally.
Get it check out!
JPI