Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

actual intake manifolds-not air intake

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-04, 09:27 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default actual intake manifolds-not air intake

How come no one makes aftermarket upper or lower intake manifolds for GS. How about larger throttle bodies? Are the stock ones just that good?

Just wondering.
Old 10-13-04, 12:20 AM
RRocket
Lexus Test Driver

Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

Chuck,

Your best bet, and cheapest, would be to have the upper and lower extrude honed. But then you'd need to tune it. I suspect a larger throttle body from a Toyota truck would fit. I have also seen 8 individual throttle bodies on this engine..looks awesome!!
Old 10-13-04, 06:34 PM
LMSguy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm working on porting one right now.Nothing TOO major, just smoothing things out to aid in air velocity.
I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 10-13-04, 11:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

good question. a lot of people go out and bore out the throttle body opening, and show considerable gain. i wonder why no one has done it on the GS yet, or at least i haven't seen any?
Old 10-23-04, 04:28 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

I want to know where i can get another Intake Manifold. I want to hone the inside of it as well as chrome the outside. But no one seems to sell the manifold OTHER than the dealer... and thats like $700...
Old 10-23-04, 04:38 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If we could only get Edelbrock interested
Old 10-24-04, 01:46 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by chuckb
If we could only get Edelbrock interested
jeebus... now that would be nice!
Old 10-24-04, 04:38 PM
SCV8
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd like to see a conversion to individual throttle bodies using the ones from a gsxr bike, since they're 42 mm and would a good size for this engine. I understand that the Toyota injectors fit into these well, and with the superbike crash rate usually high, there's always a set on ebay for sale.
It would help the low rpms too, a needed area for these big valve-engines, should give an overall boost of around 40 hp in a nice way.
Old 10-29-04, 09:25 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by SCV8
I'd like to see a conversion to individual throttle bodies using the ones from a gsxr bike, since they're 42 mm and would a good size for this engine. I understand that the Toyota injectors fit into these well, and with the superbike crash rate usually high, there's always a set on ebay for sale.
It would help the low rpms too, a needed area for these big valve-engines, should give an overall boost of around 40 hp in a nice way.
thats cool and all, and i would love to see it. But you know that the GS will throw down codes left and right. It would take a lot of finessing to get it to work without the codes. Might be nice to see on a road race car... would be hella sweet.
Old 10-30-04, 02:23 PM
SCV8
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think SplitSecond has a product that would allow for tuning these cars without freaking out the ECU, I've done some stuff with other OBDII cars using their stuff before, no problems/codes.
The Honda guys are catching on to the benefits of individual throttle bodies, and are kind of driving the prices up on the streetbike units.They can pull it of on those cars with a modified oem ECU, fuel pressure regulator, but are most likely using OBDI computers, and not getting a "great" tune I would suspect.

Do you ever wonder if the cars destroyed in the production of "The Dukes of Hazard" contributed to the incredible rise in Charger prices?