Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Mahdavi Motorsports Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-04 | 01:05 PM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Default Mahdavi Motorsports Turbo

Has anyone had any experiences withthe Mahdavi Motosports Turbo for the GS 3, 4, 430? they are out of Atlanta?

What type pf perf figures for the GS 300?

How about price?

Ted
Old 10-13-04 | 01:55 PM
Dr.G
Lead Lap

Hey Ted, you should PM either morris or jmecbr900, both have had their supercharged GS4's installed by Mahdavi...There is also another seloc.net member (not sure if he's a CL member) that actually has a turbo GS3 that was installed by Mahdavi...these guys have nothing but good things to say about Mahdavi i'm sure they could answer most of the questions you may have. You may also want to look up Batlground (batlground.com), also really great shop here in Atlanta- ask to speak with Dan.

Last edited by Dr.G; 10-13-04 at 02:00 PM.
Old 10-13-04 | 10:06 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

I dont have the Turbo but they did do my super charger, so I can only speak in gerealities.(sp)

They have been with me every step of the way preinstall and post install they have gone out of there way to make me feel comfortable with them and what they are doing to my car. They are patieint in explaingn things to me and dont nickle and dime me for every little thing. There pricing is very fair and they definitley know the GS, Bing over on Seloc has a Turbo GS300 that they did for him he can give you more specific information but I know he is very happy with them and I see him pretty frequenetly.

www.seloc.net

There philosophy is if it aint broke dont replace it, they will not tell you that you need everything under the sun. They will build you a reliable daily dirver that is boosted. My car has over 200K miles on it and I drive it every day. The other thing I like is that they buld the car with a base, you can start at on HP number and then build up in HP from there. But just about everything is usable again at the higher levels. YOu dont have to do fork lift upgrades. Where you have to rip out and replace everything you did 3 months ago.

Thats my 2 cents.
Old 10-14-04 | 09:12 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by morris
I dont have the Turbo but they did do my super charger, so I can only speak in gerealities.(sp)

They have been with me every step of the way preinstall and post install they have gone out of there way to make me feel comfortable with them and what they are doing to my car. They are patieint in explaingn things to me and dont nickle and dime me for every little thing. There pricing is very fair and they definitley know the GS, Bing over on Seloc has a Turbo GS300 that they did for him he can give you more specific information but I know he is very happy with them and I see him pretty frequenetly.

www.seloc.net

There philosophy is if it aint broke dont replace it, they will not tell you that you need everything under the sun. They will build you a reliable daily dirver that is boosted. My car has over 200K miles on it and I drive it every day. The other thing I like is that they buld the car with a base, you can start at on HP number and then build up in HP from there. But just about everything is usable again at the higher levels. YOu dont have to do fork lift upgrades. Where you have to rip out and replace everything you did 3 months ago.

Thats my 2 cents.
Interesting................ I was always under the impression you had a RMM or SRT supercharger. I had no idea you had a custom supercharger made by Mahdavi Motorsports.

Not that I am going to mod my car with a supercharger, but how much did this custom design cost you? And what has actually been done to your car for this mod? You can pm me if you would rather not post that info here. Thanks!

Last edited by Hameed; 10-14-04 at 09:14 AM.
Old 10-14-04 | 10:43 AM
LexFather

Default Re: Mahdavi Motorsports Turbo

Originally posted by ted920
Has anyone had any experiences withthe Mahdavi Motosports Turbo for the GS 3, 4, 430? they are out of Atlanta?

What type pf perf figures for the GS 300?

How about price?

Ted
Veritek here (SELOC member too) has their turbo kit. JaimeCBR900 would be the expert to talk too about Mahdavi. We had a meet there, really great people.
Old 10-14-04 | 10:49 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by Hameed
Interesting................ I was always under the impression you had a RMM or SRT supercharger. I had no idea you had a custom supercharger made by Mahdavi Motorsports.

Not that I am going to mod my car with a supercharger, but how much did this custom design cost you? And what has actually been done to your car for this mod? You can pm me if you would rather not post that info here. Thanks!
Hameed, Morris his the RMM SC - Madhavi just installed it for him (like SRT installed mine).
Old 10-14-04 | 12:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally posted by Hameed

huh?! he does have the rmm right?
Old 10-14-04 | 12:36 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by rominl
huh?! he does have the rmm right?
Originally posted by DaveGS4
Hameed, Morris his the RMM SC - Madhavi just installed it for him (like SRT installed mine).
Old 10-14-04 | 12:55 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I do have the RMM kit, Mahdavi installed it and all the other ancillaries that are needed like coolers etc. They have also modified it with SAFC2 and additional pulleys, guages etc.

Last edited by morris; 10-14-04 at 12:57 PM.
Old 10-14-04 | 03:59 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

how much does their Turbo kit for the GS300 run ??

thanks

- kam
Old 10-14-04 | 05:44 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

Its truly a custom build as I understand it so to me that means the cost would vary. Your best bet is to call them and get a ballpark fee. (770) 923-1550
Old 10-26-04 | 10:40 AM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry for being fashionably late.

Mahdavi Motorsports came up with the TURBO kit for GS3's at the urging of yours truly. Mahdavi was doing elaborate turbo setups for everybody from Hondas to golf carts. I figured if the knowledge base was there, why not figure out one for my boys (yall know I don't have a GS3)? So Sam came up with the parts, we did some rough R&D and went with it. So far it's worked very well in the cars he's installed it in. Veritek has had it on his car for many months now. Another gentleman friend of ours (he's not on the boards but his car was in their booth at NOPI and in NOPI's at HIN) has had it on his GS3 for a few months too. Sam keeps telling me he's gonna run me in that one, so he must have confidence that it runs well enough to.....lol.

Anyway, Mahdavi Motorsports comes from racing. Sam was always and still is a racer. He can rattle stuff off the top of his head that sometimes makes you think........dang son!! Sam and Arash built my first car. The DPI N2O Maxima (I have pics if anyone wants to see them). That was an elaborate N2O setup that was all done in-house (except the powder coating). Sam also built the first CRNSX. A RWD, rear engine (NSX motor), CRX, that's both turbo and nitrous powered. That car was handbuilt. Again, proof of capabilities. They specialize in performance work. They modify everything from Mustangs to RX7's. They specialize in Hondas, but do everybody. They personally own a variety of cars personally. BMW's, Hondas, Dodge Dually (has over 1000 ft/lb of torque), Lexus, Supras, etc. They work on all of them. ALL of my cars and my families cars go there for maintainance.

Just to dispell any myths: Yes, I am sponsored by them. Yes, they are my friends. Would I still recommend them regardless? YES. Morris has already echoed a lot of the same things I have said here already even before I said any of this. Both Veritek and Morris were referred to Mahdavi by me and BOTH are my friends STILL.

I will be more than happy to post up the specs or answer any questions anyone may have.
Old 10-26-04 | 10:53 AM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Just found some pics from the NOPI thread that apply here.

Here is a pic of Veritek's setup. Keep in mind that all that piping was custom made. What you can't see is the custom made FMIC piping and custom tranny cooler setup. I'm sure Veritek can come up with some more detailed pics.

Also here is the other GS3 that has the same setup that I was speaking about (the guy that's not on the forums). This is the car Sam wants to race me in.......lol.

Any questions?????
Old 10-26-04 | 12:16 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

[i]
Any questions????? [/B]
Yea I got a question "FRIEND" how do I get sponsored?
Old 10-26-04 | 01:05 PM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

OK, as a personal question for us southern guys, you obviously know the guys at Mahdavi; do you have any experience with VVTi at Hennessey?

I am looking into getting some installs soon and I'd like to know who would be the best to go to as far as service/price, etc.

Quick Reply: Mahdavi Motorsports Turbo