Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

TurboEast Electronic Shift Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-04, 04:31 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by RRocket
What difference does it make where the parts are from?? When the company you are buying them from TELLS YOU that it will be at your door in X weeks, it better be in. If they are coming from Japan, maybe they should say "We have no idea when it will be in, since it's coming from Japan". Is that so difficult? I've also run into similar problems with a vendor.. They tried blaming everyone but themselves. Instead of being honest and telling me the wait might be excessive, they lied to me, and said "2 weeks". 2 weeks turned into 4 weeks.
And they still lied and said it was on it's way. It was never on it's way. So maybe instead of trying to find reason why a vendor has come up short, one only needs to look at the vendor. 2 weeks is 2 weeks. Period. I would appreciate a vendor telling me straight out, that it could be as early as 2 weeks, but not likely since it was coming from afar. .....
hmm... I highly doubt you or anyone would spend let's say $3K on a bodykit (example) from Japan to have the vendor tell you straight out "uh, we have no idea when the bodykit will be coming in since it's from Japan". Give me a break.. If in deed "tommyGS3" parts he ordered are from Japan, once Carson Toyota/Lexus Parts puts the order in to Japan, it's out of their hands. The only thing they can do is pass on the information they are given from the manufacturer... They have no control over the situation across the water. Usually overseas orders can take anywhere from 5-12 weeks. There is no set time!

Let me be clear. Mistakes can happen and this can be an honest mistake made by the crew over at Carson or from the manufacturer of the parts.. I have no idea what tommyGS3's situation is or where the parts are coming from...If he's unhappy about his experience, then we at Club Lexus wish him the best trying to find another vendor to modify his Lexus. Like DaveGS4 said, If you don't order from them again, your loss... Why? Because Carson Toyota/Lexus parts has been a vendor for us for over 3 years and have done a stand up job getting parts for our cars that many other vendors have failed to do...

NOW... LET'S GET BACK ON TOPIC...
Ken
GS Moderator

Last edited by LXOGOOD; 12-01-04 at 04:58 PM.
Old 12-01-04, 05:32 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,360 Posts

Originally posted by RRocket
What difference does it make where the parts are from?? When the company you are buying them from TELLS YOU that it will be at your door in X weeks, it better be in. If they are coming from Japan, maybe they should say "We have no idea when it will be in, since it's coming from Japan". Is that so difficult? I've also run into similar problems with a vendor.. They tried blaming everyone but themselves. Instead of being honest and telling me the wait might be excessive, they lied to me, and said "2 weeks". 2 weeks turned into 4 weeks.
And they still lied and said it was on it's way. It was never on it's way. So maybe instead of trying to find reason why a vendor has come up short, one only needs to look at the vendor. 2 weeks is 2 weeks. Period. I would appreciate a vendor telling me straight out, that it could be as early as 2 weeks, but not likely since it was coming from afar. .....
RRocket, I'm guessing you don't have any personal knowledge of Tommy's situation. Neither do I. I'll go back to what I said earlier... if he chooses not to order from Steve then fine... his loss.

In MY personal experience Steve and his team have done a spectacular job in obtaining products for me and from what I read for most of our members. Have they been problem free always? No, but in my experience when an order was screwed up they made it right immediately and communicate well. They have never told me 'its in the mail' when it wasn't for ANY of the following orders I've placed from them (I'm sure I left off a dozen or so items) and I always get a tracking number from them when my order is on the way to me:

TRD 71-degree thermostat
TRD Limited Slip Differential
Front Brakes: Brembo GT 355mm (14”) Big Brakes (red)
Brembo 2-Piece Drilled Vented Rotors
Brembo Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Supra TT Calipers and rotors
Rear drilled and slotted calipers
EBC brake pads
Rear Brakes: OEM Calipers
Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors – Rear
Goodrich Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Axxis Ceramic Pads
TM Plugs x 2
OEM Floor mats x2
L-Tuned Steering ECU
TRD Front Strut Tower brace
TRD Front and Rear Sway Bars
TRD Lower Chassis Brace
Tom's Rear Lower Chassis Brace
Tom's 6-piece Suspension Brace Kit
Tom's Rear Strut Tower Bar
New OEM back deck
GS430 dash bezel
OEM shift ****
L-Tuned Aero Kit
L-Sportline rear bumper
TTE Front Lip Spoiler
Greddy Front spoiler
UGO Katayama Rear Window Spoiler
Platinum Rear Badging (black pearl trunk emblems) x2
GS430 tail lights
Sportdesign HID headights
TRD Radiator, Oil Filler and Gas Filler caps
Black Pearl Trunk bar

Some of the things on the list above of stuff I've ordered from Carson I had to wait a long time for... but I was absolutely always told that in advance. Some of the JDM stuff they have little or no control over like LXO mentioned and they me give their best guess. That's just the way it works unless you want to pay double for air shipping. Heck, for all the stuff I order I should get a JDM Christmas card or something too.

Bottom line is, communication issues can occur on both sides of the transaction (buyer and seller). I personally don't know tommyGS3 but he's only been active on our forum for five months and <30 posts. Sorry Tommy, but I'll vouch for the integrity of Steve and his team any day based on my many personal positive experiences (>30 orders) with them over the last four years and I don't know you from Adam.
I'll get of 'my personal experience with Carson' soapbox now because this isn't really the right place for that and we're taking this thread way off topic.

Tommy, I've PMd Steve and I know he'll look into it for you. I hope it works out OK.

edit - sorry LXO, didn't see your 'get back on topic' note lol

Last edited by DaveGS4; 12-01-04 at 05:59 PM.
Old 12-01-04, 06:08 PM
tommyGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by LXOGOOD
Do you mind sharing with us what types of parts you ordered... Are these parts from Japan?
I ordered TRD parts
I got half of my order, the rest is in back-order
The first half shipped fast. But the rest of the order is just a pissing me off just waiting.
I know it's my lost if I don't buy from them again. But I don't want to go to this b/s again.

Sorry everyone for throwing this out, but this is getting on my nerves when i get no reply back from them
Old 12-01-04, 07:03 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb personally

its happened to us all, things get lost, items not sent on time, weeks become months, and then the items shows. things happen, it could have been much worse. and on a side not, you could start a thread on your frustration, with approval of the mods to maybe get a better solution out of your situation. trust me i had my car bout 4 months outta 12 this year due to other peoples actions. some can be helped and other actions are a force of nature. moral of story: take it easy, it will get better

p.s. shift kit might rock!!!!

Last edited by fireballs gs400; 12-01-04 at 08:29 PM.
Old 12-01-04, 08:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

ok i guess it's all cleared up now, let's get back on topic