Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

TurboEast Electronic Shift Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-04, 11:39 AM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts
Default TurboEast Electronic Shift Kit

Has anyone tried this out yet?

TurboEast Electronic Shift Kit

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=1505

Just wondering.
Old 10-21-04, 12:50 PM
2KGS400
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anxiously waiting for responses.....would this be a good way to tie me over until I take the TC plunge?
Old 10-21-04, 04:41 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yea id like to know about this as well
Old 10-21-04, 06:02 PM
alredxiii
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had one on my IS 300, Shifts were so smooth, it rocked the house
Old 10-21-04, 06:19 PM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Does anyone know if it helps with the downshift lag?
Old 10-21-04, 07:30 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Default curious

if you have the valve body upgrade as well, would it defeat the purpose??
Old 10-21-04, 08:59 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Default Re: curious

Originally posted by fireballs gs400
if you have the valve body upgrade as well, would it defeat the purpose??
yes it would... The electronic shift kit from my understanding only increases line pressure to the tranny to make the shifts firmer. I believe you also can control if you want the shifts to be hard or harder. However, it still won't solve the problem of bouncing off the rev limiter in you are under boost. Getting a valve body upgrade is the better way to do it. It gives you firmer shifts and helps keep you off the rev limiter. IMO, the shift kit is good for NA cars however, the valve body upgrade is more reliable for cars under boost putting out over 300RWHP...

BTW: It will not help with the down shift lag. Getting a high stall TC should solve that problem.
Old 10-23-04, 11:05 AM
SBMGS4
Lead Lap

Default Re: Re: curious

Originally posted by LXOGOOD
yes it would... The electronic shift kit from my understanding only increases line pressure to the tranny to make the shifts firmer. I believe you also can control if you want the shifts to be hard or harder. However, it still won't solve the problem of bouncing off the rev limiter in you are under boost. Getting a valve body upgrade is the better way to do it. It gives you firmer shifts and helps keep you off the rev limiter. IMO, the shift kit is good for NA cars however, the valve body upgrade is more reliable for cars under boost putting out over 300RWHP...

BTW: It will not help with the down shift lag. Getting a high stall TC should solve that problem.
Do you know if this will work in conjunction with a TC? Will it be a help? Obviously the valve body upgrade is the way to go, but if this helps........
Old 11-18-04, 07:15 PM
lexoman
Rookie

any one install this in a gs400/430 yet? how does it feel?
Old 11-30-04, 09:19 AM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

There's another thread about this already.

I too am very anxious to find out if anyone has tried it on a GS4. Even more interested if anyone tried it on an FI GS4 or any FI car for that matter.

Could this be used in lieu of a VB upgrade? If you're not having too many bouncing problems, could this be a less expensive and quicker way to get firmer shifts?
Old 11-30-04, 12:49 PM
tommyGS3
Lexus Test Driver

I was giong to buy this but i hav other stuff on order and it is taking too long . I've waited over 3 months and still havn't got it yet. They keep telling me 2 weeks and another 2 weeks and another and another.
I'm tired of it. I'll find somewhere else to buy this product. But i will never buy fromL-tunedparts.com again.
aka Carson Toyota
Old 11-30-04, 01:02 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally posted by tommyGS3
I was giong to buy this but i hav other stuff on order and it is taking too long . I've waited over 3 months and still havn't got it yet. They keep telling me 2 weeks and another 2 weeks and another and another.
I'm tired of it. I'll find somewhere else to buy this product. But i will never buy fromL-tunedparts.com again.
aka Carson Toyota
I highly suspect that its due to issues with the manufacturer and not l-tunedparts.com . The team at Carson are very good and quick to resolve issues. If you don't order from them again, your loss.
Old 11-30-04, 01:11 PM
tommyGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by DaveGS4
I highly suspect that its due to issues with the manufacturer and not l-tunedparts.com . The team at Carson are very good and quick to resolve issues. If you don't order from them again, your loss.

They told me 3weeks ago that they just got it in and my order is in the mail. And til this day I call them about it and they keep telling me they will call me back, witch they never do. I ordered from them because alot of cl guys highly recommended. I tried and they failed.
Old 11-30-04, 09:13 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by tommyGS3
They told me 3weeks ago that they just got it in and my order is in the mail. And til this day I call them about it and they keep telling me they will call me back, witch they never do. I ordered from them because alot of cl guys highly recommended. I tried and they failed.
Do you mind sharing with us what types of parts you ordered... Are these parts from Japan?
Old 12-01-04, 02:47 AM
RRocket
Lexus Test Driver

Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

What difference does it make where the parts are from?? When the company you are buying them from TELLS YOU that it will be at your door in X weeks, it better be in. If they are coming from Japan, maybe they should say "We have no idea when it will be in, since it's coming from Japan". Is that so difficult? I've also run into similar problems with a vendor.. They tried blaming everyone but themselves. Instead of being honest and telling me the wait might be excessive, they lied to me, and said "2 weeks". 2 weeks turned into 4 weeks.
And they still lied and said it was on it's way. It was never on it's way. So maybe instead of trying to find reason why a vendor has come up short, one only needs to look at the vendor. 2 weeks is 2 weeks. Period. I would appreciate a vendor telling me straight out, that it could be as early as 2 weeks, but not likely since it was coming from afar. .....

Quick Reply: TurboEast Electronic Shift Kit