Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Intakes

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-01, 04:28 PM
The Man 986
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey,
I'm going to buy an intake soon and Ive looked around everywhere and havent found many for my 99 gs300 well besides akimoto and RMM I havent found any intakes priced below $600. If there are any other brands under that price range, maybe cold air, but doesnt matter, what brand is out there and where could I get it from? Thanx a bunch..
Old 05-07-01, 05:43 PM
BBD
....BANNED! :-)

hmm dunno much about the GS300 intake systems but make sure to use APEX air filters they are the better than K&N and HKS ,,, read an artical where they compared like 5 different filters Apex was Number 1 K&N 2nd and HKS was like last with their new superflow whatever thingy ,, g luck
Old 05-08-01, 04:04 AM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just a word of advice if you want an intake then spend the $600 for it the RMM intake is junk I have that in my GS400 and I hate it I already placed an order for SRT's intake and am waiting for it to arive so I can get rid of this piece of junk that I have now I have lost all faith in RMM and am not planning on buying any more products from them since my intake sucks it actually slow the car down from Ideal, the front grill is not a good fit, and the front tower brace is starting to rust, I think RMM is very cheap quality compared to the other after market products and I havent heard anything bad about SRT ( except that there prices are high) but you pay for what you get and you are saying that you have a GS300 well SRT gives you 22rwhp and 24lbs for I think $600 while RMM/Akimoto gives you no more than 10hp and not even that since your computer doesnt reconize the extra airflow and doesnt give the suffecient amount of fuel needed so your guessing from RMM $299 for the intake and $675 for there exaust thats $974!!! for a measly 20hp gain and probably 13lbs ( notice this is HP and not RWHP ) of torque now go with SRT $600 for the HFI/ECU II and $600-$650 and $400 for a borla exaust thats $1000-$1050 for 30wrhp and 26lbs of torque ( these numbers are guesstimates and are not accurate since I added the exaust) but you can see the diffrence over all thats over 10rwhp and over 13lbs of torque so what do you think is the better bang for the buck in the long run so just make sure you spend your money wisely and not get gready like I did and get stuck with crappy products that dont work

just a word of advice
Old 05-08-01, 06:02 AM
The Man 986
Rookie

Default Ya

Thanx for ure reply but Ive heard from many people that rmm is junk and I wasnt planning on getting it. I was just wondering if there was any more intakes besides the ones that I listed. Also the SRT intake is 995 without a group buy and thats pretty damn expensive for an intake with ecu that gives a boost of 22 hp. But thanx for ure reply and if I can Ill see about a groupbuy, but Im just waiting for a gs300 groupbuy for the SRT. If anybody knows of any other intake brands besides the ones Ive listed please let me know. Thanx
Old 05-09-01, 10:21 PM
KNKGS400
Pole Position

Is it true that the SRT intake combo. will one lower or gas mileage being in the bay area gas has risen to whooping $2.35 for us preimum users, of course need for speed you need to sacrifice something, second how will the ecu effect our warranty is it something you can pop in and out easily..and last i remember SRT had one out before without the ecu combo, what happend besides water getting into the system, can't we just used the intake without the ecu chip, who's cares if you get less power with the intake alone, as long as it's more hp than RMM, etc..just my two cents.
Old 05-10-01, 09:17 AM
RacingAristo

When you add an intake, mpg will increase due to the fact that more oxygen flows in, more completely burn, more efficient. According to Mo, when SRT intake/ecu, your mpg will increase approximately 2 to 3. That's pretty damn good considered the gas price now.
Old 05-11-01, 08:31 PM
KNKGS400
Pole Position

wow am i the only one with the srt intake combo because that's a great selling point spend a little money and in return you get 20 plus hp, and save gas mileage as well, perhaps i am in the wrong business because that sounds to good to be true until someone provides it in black and white i'll just wait for the moment, and then purchase.