Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Has anyone got the CarsonTuned Full Cat-back exhaust on their GS400/430?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-04, 02:25 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 295 Likes on 177 Posts
Default Has anyone got the CarsonTuned Full Cat-back exhaust on their GS400/430?

Has anyone got the CarsonTuned GS Full Cat-back exhaust on their GS400/430?

I am interested in hearing your feedback and anything else you care to write about it.

I know LXOGOOD has it on his GS300, however I am specifically interested in hearing feedback from GS400/430 owners. Feel free to chime in if you wish LXOGOOD.

If you do have this exhaust system, and you have heard the L-tuned exhaust, how does it compare in sound? Deeper in rumble? At all rpm's or just at 2000 rpm?

Here is the exhaust I am referring to just in case you are curious about it:

CarsonTuned GS Full Cat-back exhaust
Old 12-06-04, 09:46 PM
FutureGS400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Don't have one yet Hameed, but I may soon. Yeah, I'd like to hear from someone who's got it too!
I like my RMM, but would like the full cat back system...
Old 12-07-04, 04:59 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

I guess nobody has one for the GS400/430 yet.............................
Old 12-07-04, 06:35 AM
beaterKU
Pole Position

I have it on my GS400. It is very deep at idle. Idle to about 2000rpm it can be heard. Anything above 2000 can't be heard (at least in my car) at all. No drone on the highway at all.

www.zcbrothers.com/lexus/exhaust1.mpg <-- start-up
www.zcbrothers.com/lexus/exhaust2.mpg <-- take-off

As far as a comparison to the L-tuned, I have never heard and L-tuned in person. I have heard two 400's with the L-sportline and the Carson sounds much better in my opinion. Let me know if there is anything else you would like to ask.

-Nick
Old 12-07-04, 08:08 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by beaterKU
I have it on my GS400. It is very deep at idle. Idle to about 2000rpm it can be heard. Anything above 2000 can't be heard (at least in my car) at all. No drone on the highway at all.

www.zcbrothers.com/lexus/exhaust1.mpg <-- start-up
www.zcbrothers.com/lexus/exhaust2.mpg <-- take-off

As far as a comparison to the L-tuned, I have never heard and L-tuned in person. I have heard two 400's with the L-sportline and the Carson sounds much better in my opinion. Let me know if there is anything else you would like to ask.
Nick, thanks for posting your feedback and the vids!

The exhaust certainly sounds very deep!

Notice any difference in acceleration from a stop or at highway speeds?
Old 12-07-04, 08:19 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Hameed, Blackdiamond (formerly mumbles) also has the Carson Tuned exhaust on his GS4.

Here are a couple of links:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ghlight=carson

IMO its not likely to feel any difference in accelleration from whatever speed with just a cat back exhaust on a GS no matter what brand. Dynos that members have done show a 0 - .5 - 2 hp increase in HP which is . Anything gained is mental because of the sound . Get exhaust because of the sound and looks, not because it will make you faster .
Old 12-07-04, 08:48 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by DaveGS4
Hameed, Blackdiamond (formerly mumbles) also has the Carson Tuned exhaust on his GS4.

Here are a couple of links:

IMO its not likely to feel any difference in accelleration from whatever speed with just a cat back exhaust on a GS no matter what brand. Dynos that members have done show a 0 - .5 - 2 hp increase in HP which is . Anything gained is mental because of the sound . Get exhaust because of the sound and looks, not because it will make you faster .
Thanks for the links.

Yes, I know about the HP, I was just trying to get some more feedback from Nick about the exhaust.

The only reason to do this mod in my opinion (exactly what you said) is for the looks and sound. To me it sounds and looks (at least from underneath) better than the L-tuned exhaust I currently have.
Old 12-07-04, 11:54 AM
beaterKU
Pole Position

Originally posted by Hameed
Nick, thanks for posting your feedback and the vids!

The exhaust certainly sounds very deep!

Notice any difference in acceleration from a stop or at highway speeds?
I haven't noticed any acceleration differences, I haven't even take it out on the highway yet. The weather here has been icy and snowy. She is sleeping in the garage right now untill warmer weather comes around. I did find out however that my gas mileage is directly corelated to my right foot. Once the newness wore off, my mileage came back up. I love the sound and looks. Definatly worth the money in my book.
Old 12-07-04, 07:27 PM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone got the CarsonTuned Full Cat-back exhaust on their GS400/430?

I believe Tlex has the Carson exhaust on his GS430. You may want to pm him.

Has anyone got the CarsonTuned GS Full Cat-back exhaust on their GS400/430?

I am interested in hearing your feedback and anything else you care to write about it.

I know LXOGOOD has it on his GS300, however I am specifically interested in hearing feedback from GS400/430 owners. Feel free to chime in if you wish LXOGOOD.

If you do have this exhaust system, and you have heard the L-tuned exhaust, how does it compare in sound? Deeper in rumble? At all rpm's or just at 2000 rpm?

Here is the exhaust I am referring to just in case you are curious about it:

CarsonTuned GS Full Cat-back exhaust
Old 12-09-04, 07:51 AM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Default Carson Tuned Exhaust

I , too, have the Carson Tuned Exhaust on my GS430. I've also had the the L Tune exhaust on my prior GS430, so I can give you some comparison. First off the Carson Tuned has a slightly deeper sound than the L Tune, and secondly the Carson Tuned has no drone at all. The L Tune did have some drone in my opinion. The Carson Tuned is relatively quiet - the L Tune is slightly louder. The Carson Tuned is a well made, very nicely finished exhaust ( Polished stainless steel all the way!). If you want a relatively quiet and very well made/finished exhaust, you can't go wrong with the Carson Tuned. Cheers
Old 12-09-04, 07:55 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Default Re: Carson Tuned Exhaust

Originally posted by TeeLex
I , too, have the Carson Tuned Exhaust on my GS430. I've also had the the L Tune exhaust on my prior GS430, so I can give you some comparison. First off the Carson Tuned has a slightly deeper sound than the L Tune, and secondly the Carson Tuned has no drone at all. The L Tune did have some drone in my opinion. The Carson Tuned is relatively quiet - the L Tune is slightly louder. The Carson Tuned is a well made, very nicely finished exhaust ( Polished stainless steel all the way!). If you want a relatively quiet and very well made/finished exhaust, you can't go wrong with the Carson Tuned. Cheers
Thanks for the feedback!

I did find your feedback a little confusing - you said the sound of the CarsonTuned exhaust is deeper than the L-tuned but at the same time it is quieter than the L-tuned...............?
Old 12-09-04, 07:21 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,393 Likes on 1,568 Posts
Default Re: Re: Carson Tuned Exhaust

Thanks for the feedback!

I did find your feedback a little confusing - you said the sound of the CarsonTuned exhaust is deeper than the L-tuned but at the same time it is quieter than the L-tuned...............?
That's exactly right. A co-worker has a 2000 GS4 with Carson cat back system and I have the L-Tuned exhaust so we've compared. His is definitely quieter than mine (which he's not happy about - he wanted more sound ), but his has a very nice low bass sound - less mid-range though, if that makes sense.
Old 12-09-04, 09:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Re: Re: Carson Tuned Exhaust

Thanks for the feedback!

and i guess eomtimes it depends on where you talking about too, inside or outside of the car... just as an example, i have the apexi on my car. from 2k to 3k rpm, i hear the exhaust VERY clearly inside my car, but if you are outside it's ok, not that loud at all, just a deep tone.

however after that and all the way up to redline, inside the car i actually don't hear as much sound, pretty smooth. but outside you will hear the whole car roaring and screaming loud.

i guess this is about the resonance inside the car?
Old 12-10-04, 07:33 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Default Re: Re: Re: Carson Tuned Exhaust

Originally posted by bitkahuna
That's exactly right. A co-worker has a 2000 GS4 with Carson cat back system and I have the L-Tuned exhaust so we've compared. His is definitely quieter than mine (which he's not happy about - he wanted more sound ), but his has a very nice low bass sound - less mid-range though, if that makes sense.
Thanks for the feedback Bit! This essentially kills this for me.

It has to have a DEEP BASS, LOUD (definitely louder than the L-tuned that I currently have) and DEFINITELY NOT RICEY rumbly sound!

I understand the HKS Hyperexhaust fits the bill perfectly. Now where can I get this from? Steve does not have it listed on http://www.l-tunedparts.com/model/st...id=9&cat_id=10

Last edited by Hameed; 12-10-04 at 07:35 AM.
Old 12-10-04, 04:36 PM
phunkyGS
Lead Lap

I understand the HKS Hyperexhaust fits the bill perfectly. Now where can I get this from? Steve does not have it listed on http://www.l-tunedparts.com/model/st...id=9&cat_id=10
You can go to HKS's website and they have a dealer locator up at the top. HKS website

Unfortunately, a lot of the local dealers may be overpriced, so you may need to make several calls. Let me know if you dig up any info from Steve...I am definitely interested in this exhaust, as well.

Jeff

Quick Reply: Has anyone got the CarsonTuned Full Cat-back exhaust on their GS400/430?