Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

More Horsepower

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-04, 06:21 AM
Lexus4659
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking More Horsepower

Does anyone know how much horsepower you gain if you upgrade the fuel system in a GS430 like bigger bigger fuel lines, aftermarket fuel pump, bigger injectors etc., I was also considering doing a port and polish on my motor.. Is this a good idea or will it mess up my engine and throw codes on my instrument panel..Since there is no turbo or supercharger for my car I want to keep it naturally aspirated.
Old 12-10-04, 10:19 AM
LMSguy
Pole Position

You will gain absolutely nothing if you just upgrade your fuel system.And unless you are going with a rather high CFM FI set up there is no need to.
You would only need to upgrade the fuel system IF you were stuffing more air into the engine.

Yes there is definately power to be had by getting port and polish work done to the heads(If its done correctly)
Please do not try this on your own.Take the car to a reputable shop.Most experienced engine building shops should be able to handle the R&R of the heads as well as the work TO the heads.
There is also power to be had from porting the intake manifold, also something I dont suggest for the beginer.
Old 12-11-04, 12:07 AM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: More Horsepower

Originally posted by Lexus4659
Does anyone know how much horsepower you gain if you upgrade the fuel system in a GS430 like bigger bigger fuel lines, aftermarket fuel pump, bigger injectors etc., I was also considering doing a port and polish on my motor.. Is this a good idea or will it mess up my engine and throw codes on my instrument panel..Since there is no turbo or supercharger for my car I want to keep it naturally aspirated.
Do a search on Google and contact Allen Engine Development. If there is a Supercharger for the GS430 they would be the ones who can do it. I know they have made a kit for the SC400. These guys are involved with the Supercharger made by TRD
Old 12-11-04, 03:03 AM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

I know they have made a kit for the SC400. These guys are involved with the Supercharger made by TRD
Sorry for going off topic but, where did you find a kit for the SC400?
Old 12-11-04, 05:01 AM
LMSguy
Pole Position

Allen has made a supercharger for the thunderbird for quite some time now and to be perfectly honest, I wouldnt put it on my lawn mower. It makes no where near the power to make it feasible in my eyes.
Its inefficient and not worth the money.
A Kenne Bell on the other hand has potential.But dont look for that to happen in the near future.
Your best bet is to go with a RMM kit or have a custom bracket and associated fittings custom made for an existing supercharger head unit from either paxton, vortech, or procharger.
Or even better yet have a custom single turbo kit built.
There are plenty of places around the country that will build one a LOT more capable than the one SRT makes for a WHOLE LOT less money.
A good single turbo setup should run in the neighborhood of 5000-7000 bucks, maybe more depending on the electronic gadgetry that goes along with it.
1300-1400 for a good turbo
250ish a good blow off
500 for a good waste gate
and about a 1000 for a good intercooler
a few hundred for electronics
add a couple thousand for the headers and associated pipeing and your set.
hell, even throw in a few hundred for the tuning
Even if I'm low balling on the labor your still under 7000
I dont know what SRT is smoking asking 35,000 for a turbo kit and (a built short block which only consists of new bearrings and good pistons????????????????????)