Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

New member with twin turbo GS

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-04, 01:32 PM
lex400pshR
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can this setup be done to a Gs400?
drop the V8 and put in the V6 from japan?

Whats controlling the ECU right now?

please let me know,
thanx
Old 12-23-04, 01:35 PM
BadAssGS3T
Driver

Originally Posted by NT2SHBBY
nice car bro.....I gotta ask tho since no one else has....

why did you repaint the whole car when it's only a 2002???

did FL bake the crap outta it or did you just repaint the kit and blend upwards??

oh and welcome
Thanks to all of you for all those nice words. As far as repainting the whole car, it has nothing to do with the FL sun...LOL. It's just that I fell in love with that new Blue Onyx Pearl and wanted it on my car. I did not have to pay for it since I am part owner of an auto body shop (long story...lol). I know that a car loses value once it's been painted over but quite frankly, I am not worried about that. I don't intend on selling this car.
Old 12-23-04, 01:37 PM
BadAssGS3T
Driver

Originally Posted by lexforlife
welcome bro

thats one bas *** ride you got there.. do you ride through pembroke pines sometimes more spec through tanglewood lakes in pembroke pines or lakeside key.. i used to see a car like this pass me early in the morning going through tanglewood.

will you be attending the big meet in orlando in feb
Actually, I ride through Pembroke Pines quite a bit when I am in town. However, I live more toward the Aventura area. As for the meet, I will do my best to be there
Old 12-23-04, 01:39 PM
lex400pshR
Driver

That is one serious setup man,
Who did the swap? Toyomoto?

I'm praying that this will work on a 400
Old 12-23-04, 01:54 PM
BadAssGS3T
Driver

Originally Posted by Indio
Very nice setup, have you spoken to Lance at Toyomoto about your future plans, what about your current setup, any tuning issues?
Thanks, I have not spoken to Lance. I don't have any issues with my current setup tuning or otherwise. The car is just like stock. Transmission still shifts nice and silky when you drive it nice but changes nature when you floor it and let the turbos do their thing .
Old 12-23-04, 01:57 PM
BadAssGS3T
Driver

Originally Posted by Richie
Awesome car man.
Welcome to the club.

As for your engine management, motec and pectel both make a management system that can control the vvti.
Hi, thanks for the compliment and thanks for the info as I did not know about pectel. HOwever, I have heard so many good things from people using the FCON VPRO that I am really determined to get one of those. Besides, the price of the FCON VPRO is extremely reasonable. Even with all the sensors, it comes to about $2,000...nowhere near the price of a Motec...Is the Pectel just as good as the Motec? what about price? Thanks
Old 12-23-04, 02:11 PM
BadAssGS3T
Driver

Originally Posted by lex400pshR
Can this setup be done to a Gs400?
drop the V8 and put in the V6 from japan?

Whats controlling the ECU right now?

please let me know,
thanx
Hi there, the motor in your GS4 is very capable of pumping out insane amount of power. In fact, the powerplant in the famous HKS drag supra is based on the 1UZ FE in your car. It's the fastest supra in the world and it's running 6 seconds 1/4 mile. Titan's supra is based on the 2JZ GTE and runs 8 seconds. It's true that "go fast" parts are readily available for the 2JZ GTE and they are relatively cheap to modify but if I were you, I would get a turbo custom made for the 1UZ FE. If I am not mistaken, I believe that there are quite a few SC400s running around with twin turbos and smoking just about everything. I have some links that can help you with such a project if you are interested in going that route.

As for swapping in a 2JZ GTE in the GS4, I am 100% sure it can be done. You just have to find the right people to do it.
Old 12-23-04, 02:25 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BadAssGS3T
Actually, I ride through Pembroke Pines quite a bit when I am in town. However, I live more toward the Aventura area. As for the meet, I will do my best to be there

so its your car people keep confusing with mine ... man when you mod your car how easy it is to be marked

car looks great
Old 12-23-04, 02:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by lexforlife
so its your car people keep confusing with mine ... man when you mod your car how easy it is to be marked

car looks great
hahhaa, well, i surely hope now the confusion is all cleared up
Old 12-23-04, 03:34 PM
lex400pshR
Driver

As for swapping in a 2JZ GTE in the GS4, I am 100% sure it can be done. You just have to find the right people to do it.

our tranny position is different and the way exhaust flow is.....

Gs300 has 1 downpipe(I think) and it bends around the tranny....

Gs400 has 2 downpipes that merge into x-pipe and out... right under the tranny

I am just worried about the tranny position.....

U are using 2JZ-GE ECU with E-manage right now? How are u controlling the ECU?

thanx,
Old 12-23-04, 05:59 PM
BadAssGS3T
Driver

Originally Posted by lex400pshR
our tranny position is different and the way exhaust flow is.....

Gs300 has 1 downpipe(I think) and it bends around the tranny....

Gs400 has 2 downpipes that merge into x-pipe and out... right under the tranny

I am just worried about the tranny position.....

U are using 2JZ-GE ECU with E-manage right now? How are u controlling the ECU?

thanx,
Quite frankly, i believe that when you take out the motor and transmission of the GS4 you are left with a shell quite similar to that of the GS3. Therefore, I don't think the motor and transmission should have any problem bolting right up. You can then use the stock 2JZ GTE vvt-i computer to get the mechanical part going then it's a matter of matching the wires to get everything else working (RPM, shifter, speedometer, A/C, etc....) and yes, that can be a pain in the A$$ but it's definitely doable.

I am using the stock 2JZ GTE vvt-i computer. If ever you get one of those motors, make sure you get it with the ECU. The stock computer for the 2JZ GE (which comes with the GS3) will start the engine but I remember the guys at the shop ran into some weird problems with it. Not to mention that it won't shift the A340E transmission and trust me, that is one sweet transmission.
Old 12-23-04, 06:57 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

lookin very clean... and looks very fast.. haha... man you in miami did you make it HIN on dec 11th i would of loved to see the car tehre.. also you need to come to the oralndo meet in feb .. i know lexforlife alrady said it but i NEED to see that car.. lol... welcome to CL
rick
Old 12-23-04, 07:54 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Welcome Kinda curious, I don't recalling your other 16 posts???

Anyways, that is one bad-*** GS and especially for representing us GS3 guys.
You mentioned that the tranny won't be able to handle over 500hp and romin mentioned 600 on a single turbo, is this possible? I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to engine/tranny.
A Boostlogic upgraded/strengthened tranny and uprated TC will handle 800-900hp easy. And all for around $4000.
Old 12-23-04, 08:40 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You should contact Larry at Sound Performance, they had the AEM installed/fumctioning on lexluthor's sc300 which was vvti.
Old 12-24-04, 09:59 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, thanks for the compliment and thanks for the info as I did not know about pectel. HOwever, I have heard so many good things from people using the FCON VPRO that I am really determined to get one of those. Besides, the price of the FCON VPRO is extremely reasonable. Even with all the sensors, it comes to about $2,000...nowhere near the price of a Motec...Is the Pectel just as good as the Motec? what about price? Thanks
Price wise Pectel is about the same as motec, maybe a little cheaper
Pectel is used a lot in the wrc so it is quality stuff.

Quick Reply: New member with twin turbo GS