Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Video: Gs/Aristo Taking out turbo supra

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-04, 02:03 PM
BadAssGS3T
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Video: Gs/Aristo Taking out turbo supra

This goes to show that with the right motor, our cars can be just as capable as the almighty Supra. And for those who might suggest that this was a naturally aspirated supra, pay attention to when the supra shifts and you will hear the sound of its blow off valve.

Right click and select Save Target As...to download video It's only 3.5 MB.
Old 12-26-04, 03:34 PM
Jay
Lexus Champion

COO video homie !!

Are you sure that GS got N/A motor ??? Hmmm.... Clearly that Supra got forced induct tho(Intercooler shown) !!!!

JAY
Old 12-26-04, 03:47 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Supra dude missed a gear
Old 12-26-04, 04:20 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that's a V300.
Old 12-26-04, 06:10 PM
BadAssGS3T
Driver

Originally Posted by Jay
COO video homie !!

Are you sure that GS got N/A motor ??? Hmmm.... Clearly that Supra got forced induct tho(Intercooler shown) !!!!

JAY
I don't think I EVER said that the GS was naturally aspirated...If you check out the thread where I introduced myself https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=144573 you will see that a twin turbo swap in our cars is very much doable and at that point it becomes a completely different animal. The car in the video is not mine though. As GlobeCLK pointed out, it's an Aristo V300. I now have the same motor and tranny in my US GS300
Old 12-26-04, 06:16 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been trying tosee it myself but all I get is sound not video. Anyone have suggestions, I'm using mediaplayer
Old 12-26-04, 06:37 PM
BadAssGS3T
Driver

Originally Posted by morris
I've been trying tosee it myself but all I get is sound not video. Anyone have suggestions, I'm using mediaplayer
Are you using windows media player 9? Also, do you have the DivIx Codecs installed in your system?
Old 12-26-04, 06:55 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Isn't that "Yoshi"?

I remember he posted lots of videos of him racing with Lotus & Miatas on a track.
Old 12-26-04, 07:30 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BadAssGS3T
Are you using windows media player 9? Also, do you have the DivIx Codecs installed in your system?
I think i AM missing the DVD decoder software, good catch this is a brand new system.
Old 12-26-04, 08:58 PM
Blue98Gs3
Lexus Test Driver

The supra missed the shift, which is why he braked, which is in turn why the GS won.
Old 12-26-04, 09:03 PM
JoeGS300
Driver

thats true- even if the supra didnt miss the shift and he still was 1-2 car lengths behind i have never seen or been in a car with the pulling power of a supra. it would have easily caught up and taken over the race. ive seen many races where the supra comes off a few lengths behind only to catch up and win the race.
Old 12-26-04, 09:30 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

you will see that a twin turbo swap in our cars is very much doable and at that point it becomes a completely different animal.
lol...Jay would be the last person on earth you would want to explain how to swap engines in GS. I think his GS pushing around 600hp at this point

Cool vid though.
Old 12-26-04, 10:24 PM
BadAssGS3T
Driver

Originally Posted by JoeGS300
thats true- even if the supra didnt miss the shift and he still was 1-2 car lengths behind
I am glad you noticed the supra was about 2 car lengths behind when the driver missed the shift.
i have never seen or been in a car with the pulling power of a supra.
There are actually quite a few of them out there.
it would have easily caught up and taken over the race. ive seen many races where the supra comes off a few lengths behind only to catch up and win the race.
And what makes you think that? You seem to forget that the Aristo V300 shares the same 2JZ GTE powerplant as the turbo supra and consequently shares the same pulling power. Granted, it's heavier but weight is no longer much of a factor once you break the inertia. My guess is that the Aristo would have just kept pulling on the supra since it probably has more modifications. Don't get me wrong now, with the same level of modifications, the supra would without a doubt pull on the Aristo because of the weight difference. You need to think of the Aristo more as a four door supra instead of our traditional lexus...
Old 12-26-04, 10:35 PM
BadAssGS3T
Driver

Originally Posted by retrodrive
lol...Jay would be the last person on earth you would want to explain how to swap engines in GS. I think his GS pushing around 600hp at this point

Cool vid though.
You have to forgive me, it's a newbie mistake

On the other hand, I am surprised Jay would make that comment considering that his T-51R powered Lex can take out more than a few supras. In fact, with the kind of power he has, BPU, BPU+, BPU+++ supras should run for their lives...LOL. Only APU supras would really stand a chance. I guess he thought I was talking about a stock GS? Anyway, I did my research and you are right, Jay would be last person on earth I would want to explain how to swap engines...LOL. Again, honest newbie mistake
Old 12-26-04, 11:49 PM
JoeGS300
Driver

I am glad you noticed the supra was about 2 car lengths behind when the driver missed the shift.
There are actually quite a few of them out there.
And what makes you think that? You seem to forget that the Aristo V300 shares the same 2JZ GTE powerplant as the turbo supra and consequently shares the same pulling power. Granted, it's heavier but weight is no longer much of a factor once you break the inertia. My guess is that the Aristo would have just kept pulling on the supra since it probably has more modifications. Don't get me wrong now, with the same level of modifications, the supra would without a doubt pull on the Aristo because of the weight difference. You need to think of the Aristo more as a four door supra instead of our traditional lexus...
i am glad that you noticed that there are a quite a few of them out there.

i liked how you dissected my post with attempts to throw whatever comments i made in your thread back into my face. just because a V300 shares the same 2jzgte engine as a TT supra, that doesnt necessarily make it the same car. i honestly dont believe that they have the same pulling capabilities, like you said, because of the weight differences. much respect for turning your car into a "four-door supra" like you like it call it.. i was just trying to state that [from whatever knowledge i have on the subject] on any given day a TT supra would beat an aristo v300 on the track because of its proven track record in these types of races.

Last edited by JoeGS300; 12-27-04 at 12:19 AM.

Quick Reply: Video: Gs/Aristo Taking out turbo supra